It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:49 am 
Random Man

Reason for this post is that Facebook has become a virtual representation of most people. People you have not met before especially potentially good contacts see your Facebook before they ever see you in real life.

Now, normally we like to look our best in real life and give a good first impression to people we have never met before. So since we know that people who may be good contacts look at our profile, we of course want to look our best in our profile picture.

Actually, about everyone has their profile on private...the only thing that people who are not friends with you see is your profile pic. And thats why I place a lot of importance on the profile pic. The bottomline is that you want a good, unique, cool-looking profile pic.

So here are some tips:

No close-up pics of your face just in your room unless you look like Brad Pitt or a super model or something.

Plus, everyone has close-up pics of their face taken in horrible lighting with horrible picture quality. It looks dull, boring and hurts your image.

Most pics should be taken in an area with a nice, unique background like a garden, really cool-looking architecture or a cool landmark in another country.

A picture of you doing a cool activity like wearing cool snowboarding gear and holding your snowboard in hand in the snow park or where ever the hel! people snow board is satisfactory as well.

Its better if you can show people something they've rarely seen or never seen before.

Make sure the picture quality is excellent and clear, of course.

And yes definitely when summer comes take a picture in your bathing suit showing off your hot bod if you have one (good reason to hit the gym).

Also some guidelines:

-Wear nice clothes
-always shave
-fix your hair
-definitely smile if you have a nice smile & white teeth (don't even post anything if you don't have a nice white smile).
-don't look sweaty or shiny cuz you look greasy and slimy lol.

Also, if you have to take a pic with someone, don't take a pic with someone who looks god-like compared to you. Take a pic with someone on your level, slighly below or slightly above.

Also, people might get the wrong idea if you don't smile in a pic. You usually end up looking scary, serious or intimidating & this could stop people from talking to you.

Anyways, this is about it.

Remember Facebook is just a device to build your image and thats it.

P.S. Girls like it when you have your shirt off. Dudes don't. Consider the facts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:13 am 
Random Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

my facebook picture is terrible, and from like 5-6 months ago. I don't think I'm smiling either. But, I also don't use facebook. My close group of friends is almost described as invisible. You only hear or see us when something ridiculous happens or there's a party, we just find out and show up out of nowhere, but were always welcome, because its expected we eventually show up. I love not being a facebook addict, even my grandmother is one, I personally hate it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm 
Random Man

Mrdude wrote:
my facebook picture is terrible, and from like 5-6 months ago. I don't think I'm smiling either. But, I also don't use facebook. My close group of friends is almost described as invisible. You only hear or see us when something ridiculous happens or there's a party, we just find out and show up out of nowhere, but were always welcome, because its expected we eventually show up. I love not being a facebook addict, even my grandmother is one, I personally hate it.

Canada

Also that first post is a joke. Kind of an excuse to post random facebook pics. I might be joining facebook soon, but out of necessity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm 

o you aren't even on facebook :)

I regret joining it in the first place tbh, waste of time. I really don't use it at all, if I wanna talk to someone I just call/text/bbm!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 pm 
Random Man

I see a lot of my old classmates on it, and it seem like a good way for everyone to chat that would have been forever lost unless we all joined some family tree/classmates website. Not sure how things are in Canada, but after high school and college everyone pretty much explode all over the place usually never to be heard from again, unless you was very close to them to begin with. Facebook has it's use.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:23 am 
Black Thumb

It's not bad unless you're one of those people who updates their status every 12 minutes, those people bother me to no end and fill my inbox/wall with the most useless information the world can imagine.

Plois, add me if you make an acct ;[

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:22 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Facebook is gay.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 am 
Gender Illusionist

Mrdude wrote:

r u in the justice league or something

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:50 pm 
Black Thumb

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 am 
Random Man

I'm probably not going to do it. I kinda like the idea of communicating with a lot of old friends but I'm the type of dude that didn't use IM because friends had instant access to me. This smart phone stuff is another thing. If I get one I'm going to make one that's not of my real name. My nic (Toby) and my middle name will probably be what I use. I need it because a friend wanted me to have it. Got skype and I can just call em on that (they be out of country now).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:26 am 

Lolmy wrote:
Mrdude wrote:

somethin like that dawg.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:37 am 
Random Man

Lolmy wrote:
Mrdude wrote:

Almost forgot, I burst out laughing after seeing this then rereading MRd's post.

Also imagine if we were real life buddies of Amy and we'd constantly call him Amy. The girls would be very confused. I hated the nick TO Conrad that my friends gave me, that would pale in comparison to Amy.

P.S. Skype is awesome! Clear voice phone calls, awesome video chat clarity. Two thumbs up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 am 

Amy's friends do call him amy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 am 
Random Man

lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:10 am 
Black Thumb

her, dick