PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:30 pm 
lolmithrapld

looks bloody awesome

http://www.mag.com/

still trying to talk myself into playing more ffxi but finding it difficult :s

Post subject: Re: MAG
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:03 pm 
Random Man

I couldn't get in the beta, but in the game I'm going to be a sneaky punk that sabotage stuff and gain exp doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm 
Random Man

Did you download this Tyriac? This game feel so much like socom, I'm loving it so far. I actually like medic, and you get a lot of points for raising people (more than you get killing). I unlocked my claymores and it's back to socom antics! I didn't think it would turn out this good.

I'm on the Valor side btw. (throws up gang sign)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:42 pm 
lolmithrapld

no i didnt get yet but damn im dreaming of the good old socom days when weekend allnights were a regular thing, who needed sleep then anyhoo right! tbh I didnt know it was avail yet i been slacking on keeping up to date so i think once i get a few things sorted i may dust down my ps3, kick the kids out on the street and lock the doors till kids want to go to bed mwahahahaahaa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:34 am 
Random Man

There is a open beta going on. Better code, and a bit touched up. I'm now a Staff Sergent, I get to boss more people around.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:31 pm 
lolmithrapld

saw it in game today "coming soon - double points if you pre order" I was on a mission for other stuff tho but I am so getting this

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 pm 
Random Man

After a while this game will be so clan focused.

Leaders tell their squads what to do, set objectives (take out this AA gun, protect this AA gun) on the map, as well as order UAV (to scan for enemies) and order motar strikes on whatever spot on the map he wants. The leader's performance is crucial to victory. When I tell people things I want taken out and mark it on the map it's don so quickly, it feels like I'm playing some sort of Real Time Strategy game like Age of Empires. However if the enemies take out our communication satellite us leaders are put in the dark and can't see the map screen (white noise with the words "communication jammed" or something).

Domination feels like a long HNM fight. You take out the resistances of the defenders so you can get helicopters in (pushing your spawn point closer with helicopters firing at targets), use the UAV drone to scan for enemies (if AA guns are up you can kiss those robot planes goodbye), and to just move closer to the heart of the mission. When you start striking the lettered goals (A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. They are computers that you have to set charges on) there is a damage meter that fills up, it feels like a HP bar and the closer you get it filled the harder the defense fight.

Clans work well, know what the leader have in mind, and pick classes that are needed for the task. Playing against a group of clans is a tough job, they are so organized, it's like socom. I bet you would like that. This is a MMOClanGame.

Oh it's FPS, it was weird at first, but it still feels like socom, and since the maps are so huge I think it works in favor of everyone playing in first person. No looking around corners without exposing yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm 
Random Man

Euro commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAg-4m1WWf0

I respec'd myself to sniper. Got a silencer, and stuff but found out that the last sniper rifle can't use a silencer and it come with it's own bipod (bought one :\). It's a strong weapon. I use the smaller sniper rifle with the silencer and short scope (can't equip the big scope on it). Small silent is goof for close ranged fighting, big Bertha is good for long (big Bertha is darn loud, sound like a elephant gun).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbmaykeNDZg
This vid explain why people will obey the leaders. tl;dnwatch = you get more exp from following orders than doing your own thing. Shoot I shouldn't have respec sniper.

Pix
Big Bertha, she kicks like a horse if I stand and shoot it. No silencer, and pretty much kills with one shot unless the guy has good armor.

Short ranged Snipe rifle. Has the silencer, weak scope, and grip for accuracy. It won't knock me back if I stand and shoot it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

bet he dies first

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:14 pm 
Bitter Canadian

I get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:34 pm 
Random Man

lol Sef, you racist.

The beta is over and I'm going through withdrawal and it only went down at 2am. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 pm 
Bitter Canadian

stay away from addictive narcota

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm 
lolmithrapld

go stock up on rl stuffs because you'll turn into a hermit when it gets released!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 pm 
Random Man

I only played it when I had time and nothing interesting was going on. No where near how I was with ffxi. I starred at the upgrade tree for 20mintutes the first time I found it. Well not focus on it for 20mins but had it in semi afk mode before I bought anything.

I don't think this game will require much from a person unless he join a hardcore clan that demand their members are always on. To me it's just fun to pick up and play in moderate bursts. The fact that I can't pick it up is the only thing that is causing me to itch. I was still working on my character, and just found the awesomeness that is soldier + raise/heal gun. Sniper is very sucky for points. I screwed up so bad respec'ing to sniper.

Think of it like leveling bst. Pick up and play, pause whenever unless you're in the start of a 40min raid and are the leader. I even booted up Socom Confrontations. People have colored rank tags, no more butter sticks, cookies, and wings :\ There are wings in MAG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm 
Black Thumb

This sounds kinda like what I wish MGO was. I remember how pissed I was that you'd have to go through and get kills just to unlock other weapons in the same match.

This sounds a lot like that was, no?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:43 am 
Random Man

Ok I'll try to explain thig.

You gain exp in this game, and the battles are huge. The way chaos is organized is by your leader giving you objectives. You level up by buying perk like equipment (raise+heal syringe/spray, gun attachments, guns, stealth, run speed, stamina, hp, explosives, claymores, the ability to control yourself more when you're falling with a parachute, etc.), the equipment you buy is yours to use with the only limit is based on the weight. You keep everything, you never lose it unless you respec.

Respec and you.
Respec is basically taking all of your skill points that you spent on abilities and equipment. Think of merit points, when you respec merit point stuff you lose all the points you spent (lolSE rite), but in mag you get every point back. The only thing stopping you from respec abuse is each time you respec the price to respec increase. What do you spend to respec? Respec points. For each exp you gain a respec point. The first respec point is 2k, the second is 7k, the third is 10k. To get to level 22 it took me around 10k I think.

Random fact:
You can shoot and kill people while they are parachuting out of their carrier plane.

Edit: Oh also, this is very important. You get the best exp from doing what you are told. If the leader give a new objective to destroy a tank you just need to be around it when it's destroyed, not 3 miles away from it. So if you don't have a loadout with rpgs just support and watch the back of people who do. Kill engineers that may be trying to repair the tank, and work as a team to get the job done. This system keeps the chaos under very good control. When people found out they got more exp from working together than they do by getting 40 kills things got very awesome.

I call Domination a 200 player HNM fight. You're basically taking down defense, and striking the heart of the enemy's core. You're met with resistance every step of the way. It feels like a tug of war situation, you have to keep pushing the line forward. As you get rid of things like AA, and their mortars you can call in choppers to drop off more soldiers (pushing the spawn point up), and fly by carrier planes to drop off around 20 parachuting solders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwziJeHDoo