It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:35 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

I dont think I've ever laughed so hard at a video in a while, sorry if it sounds racist but I find a bunch of japanese people randomly yelling when something happens spurting shit I cannot understand. Reminds me of when you were a kid and you joke try to talk Japanese because it pretty much sounds the same.

when they nearly got walked on by that bigass thing was funny as fuck, one dude sounded like he was gonna have a heart attack.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Hf that game looks amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am 
Random Man

It's out!

Live stream of someone playing.

Password if prompted is: livetube
http://www.justin.tv/pansutoking - Down

http://www.justin.tv/nanayan - up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:01 pm 

http://zh-tw.justin.tv/mof55

much better quality video

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:39 pm 
Random Man

Seventeen Minutes of Gameplay - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27404

Final Fantasy 13 Farushi Boss Battle - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27406

Final Fantasy 13 Crystal Boss - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27407

Final Fantasy 13 Robot Crystal Boss - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27408

Final Fantasy 13 Ruins Gameplay - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27409

Final Fantasy 13 Shiva Summon Battle - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27410

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:53 pm 

Wanna watch so bad but I've been so good til this point. >: Haven't even watched the opening video.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 am 
Random Man

I watched it for a while and I have no clue of what's going on. I've seen cutscenes and such too.

Tip, just look at a stream and if they are fighting, try to understand the battle system. If a cutscene start flip to another tab to avoid possible spoilers.

Battle system spoiler ??

I understand the role of this Optima Change thing a lot more now. In this game your party split up into odd groups often (think the ff6 split ups). With this on the fly mixed job change it make split ups less of a hindrance. The mix of enemies won't be a problem with it. Elemental resist mob + Bombs + melee resist mob. Change to the required jobs/attacks as you go. Only change a party member to a healer when you need cure. Only change to a enhancer when you need buffs. Go all out attack when you're set.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm 
Bitter Canadian

why does Ploids hand look like a white womans???

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:01 pm 

oshi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:05 pm 
Random Man

Not my pic. I don't live in Japan. For me to have it in the US I would have had to have it shipped by last week.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:47 pm 

Who the fuck would buy that besides that married woman?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 am 
Random Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:17 pm 
Random Man

FFXIII Home stuff.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5kvSKdOUY

Edit:
I just witnessed a epic King Behemoth x2 fight. My goodness, that was some kind of endurance marathon. Wiped but put up a great effort. I'm sold on the game now. As long as a lot of these high level fights are in the game I don't care how narrow and linear the maps are I think.

Also world map weather changes like in FFXI. You don't have to zone to get a new weather.

http://www.justin.tv/hamatea

Edit again: Almost killed a solo KB (left) that was fighting with another big monster (right). Got KB to stage 2 (he stands up and hold's a circular saw thing), and took it down to 30%. Then he started killing the other thing, it got pissed off and wiped the party.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:05 pm 

Ploid wrote:

what the fuck.

I totally had this transformer toy when I was a kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm 
Random Man

It's a photoshop.

This game is hard. There's a guy fighting a boss over and over, keep wiping. The boss keep doing a flail like move that wipes or nearly wipes everyone except the guy that's defending. He don't have DEF paradigm shift for everyone. The fight last up to 30mins before it start doing the maybe wipe move. Crazy man.

sample warning: Boss fight http://i45.tinypic.com/34pxbvr.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:11 pm 

lol.

AV of ff13?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:27 pm 
Random Man

A ff13 boss. Dude is still fighting it. I stopped watching for a while. He has to have been doing this for about 4 hours now... It's crazy. Summon (odin) isn't scratching the thing.

This is the boss, and the attack charging up. SPOILER if you don't want to see it.
http://i48.tinypic.com/1zc25ia.jpg

He's fighting it atm http://www.justin.tv/mr_dalvin

EDIT...... This is so crazy. After his best attmept yet the thing cast doom on him (party leader die = game over). It seem that flail thing has a chance of doom as well. The main character had the curse so either he was going to start pumping out 3x as much damage non stop or he was going to die. This fight looks impossible.

Post subject: QUOTE
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:34 pm 
Random Man

Okay, I've clocked over 10 hours of the game now and have a good handle on most of the systems in the game. Time to write up some impressions.

THIS IS NOT A REVIEW, I'M ONLY 10 HOURS INTO THE GAME.

FFXIII is a really interesting game. No doubt it is the HD successor to the FFX/FFX-2 school of design in terms of many things, but what is surprising is that it doesn't really throw away the concepts pushed forward by FFXII. At the same time, the game itself is a whole new beast. There has never been a FF like this before, and it is a very bold new step for the series. Some fans will almost certainly like it more than others, depending on what your stake in the series is, and what is important to you in a RPG. Either way, I think it is very refreshing to have a game which breaks down barriers while erecting other new boundaries in defining what constitutes a "Final Fantasy" mainline game.

The first thing I noticed about the game was now uncompromising it was in letting the narrative dedicate the entire direction of the game. Right from the start, the game starts with a bang. There has never been a FF game or a RPG as cinematic driven as FFXIII. I don't mean it uses a ton of cutscenes (lots of games do) during the game, but rather the entire experience feels like you are playing a part in a film instead of a game which uses a lot of cinematic sequences to tell the story. The best comparison would be with action games, where not only are the levels linear, but everything is designed around the narrative itself which you play through. The game doesn't consider the player's needs or wants in relation to what they want out of a RPG, but instead strives to deliver a very specific experience.

Now that could be pretty bad if the story and characters are terrible and no one cares. Thankfully, I think this is one of the strongest FF games in terms of narrative and characters. It's definitely up there with FFVI. The style of the scenario is such that the player is thrown into the world at a crucial period, and experiences several events unfold which don't quite make complete sense immediately. The game also throws the characters all out at once, without wasting time with detailed introductions or the standard form of character building.

Instead, you learn what each character is like and what they're each about as you play, and as you see them react to situations and discuss their own desires, fears, dreams and experiences. Much of what they have done in the days leading up to the game are vital to developing their characteristics and for the player to understand them, and these events are slowly unraveled through flashbacks as you play the game. This method of narrative means the game pretty much never slows down. The characters are always on the move, and with their lives all in peril there is no time to waste. Yet it also allows the game to slow down for some short moments along the way to build up on the characters and to let their various layers unfold.

All in all the narrative is very strong, the characters are extremely likable, and the plot keeps pushing players forward with the motivation to learn more about everything - the world, the characters, and the crux of what is happening in the world that allowed the events at the start of the game to occur. The sense of mystery is a high point of the storyline, and definitely a driving force for players to keep playing.

Gameplay-wise, the game is also very different from anything before. The battles are faster than ever before, but also more different than ever before. The Optima system is often mistaken for a sort of Job system, and a passive option in battles which allow you to change your Roles. It couldn't be further from the truth. The Optima system is in fact simply another way to input commands.
Because of the speed of the battles, even if the game gave the player the option of inputting commands for each character separately, and toggling using L1/R1, it would be unplayable. No human player would be able to keep up with the battles and to select AND input commands for different characters at the same time.

What the Optima and Role system does is to define 6 very specific type of roles, and limit what each role can do down to their core usage. Hence by changing the Optima of the party in battle, you are essentially specifically changing the commands each party member can make, and hence giving them near-specific orders until you change the Optima again. It is not a passive command, it is something you will have to use in almost every battle.

The game is NOT being played by "AI" so much as command input being aided by AI, and instructed by the player. Due to how battles are designed, and what the player is required to do to win battles, the emphasis is still on strategy and tactics determined by the player. Anyone who claims that the AI party members in the game are "auto play", is probably a person who has previously complained that the Gambit system is "auto play" and so we can know to safely ignore them.

Outside of the battle system, the game actually features some pretty interesting forms of character customization. Gone are character levels, just like in FFX. Instead, in it's place are various systems which break the core meaning of "leveling up" down into different bite pieces to make the player more proactive in considering how to strengthen any given character. Each character starts off with access to a limited selection of Roles. Each character's Crystarium (think simplified Sphere Grid or License Board) for each Role is different. So even between say Lightning as a Blaster and Snow as a Blaster, the abilities they can learn and the stat boosts they can gain from putting in CP is different.

Aside from stats and abilities gained from Crystarium, the game also features a pretty interesting Weapon and Accessory system. Fans of weapons will be happy to learn that unlike FFX, the weapons in FFXIII have stats again. Each weapon has a Physical Attack and Magical Attack stat, and some weapons have an ability attached. Weapons also have levels, which starts at level 1. Using materials gained from defeating enemies, you can pump them into weapons to give the weapon experience, and level it up. Each weapon has a different sort of balance for the stats, so leveling up the initial weapon is just as viable as changing to a new weapon each time you can buy or find a better one, and leveling that up for a little bit before the next one.

In some cases, specializing on a certain weapon and leveling it up over and over might be a much better option, depending on how you plan on using the character it's equipped on. Different weapons gain different amounts of exp from different materials, and using a bunch of materials which give a small bit of exp might sometimes trigger an exp bonus chain for the next set of materials you put in. There's a bit a experimentation involved, although with how limited some materials are earlier in the game, it might be wise not to waste too many on trial on error too soon.

Accessories also have levels, and each accessory has an ability tied to it. By leveling it up, you increase the effectiveness of the accessory. For example, a Silver Bangle Lvl1 would give HP+100, and putting in enough materials to get it to Lvl2 will change it to HP+116 instead. What I've also noticed is that there are synergy abilities as well. Hope had a weapon which had no abilities on its own, but when equipped with that weapon AND a certain accessory, it gave him an ability which boosted Physical damage. The ability is not listed on either accessory, and is essentially hidden. As such, it reasons that there are many more of this sort of secret combinations of weapon+accessory which when equipped grant bonuses.

Okay, I'm getting tired from writing too much now. If there are any questions I'll hang around for a while to answer them. :)

-----------------------
The bold is nice to hear. Now the only thing left if for the game to have a lot of bonus enemies to fight (notorious monsters). Stuff like FFXII's Hunt side quest.

Edit: The guy fighting that boss finally got it down to a low HP but the boss went all 3% rage on him. It cast blizzard on him so hard he'll finally have a hover board when he wakes up. SE made this game alright.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:40 pm 
Random Man

http://i49.tinypic.com/157jasl.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:20 am 
Random Man

New FF13 trailer (english with the english theme song). Btw this game is garbage, it's only traveling (in lines), battles (where you only control the main character), and cutscenes (blah story).

For the people still interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZjSx_n0ls

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next