It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:35 am 
Random Man

Yep they are good. Stone Prisoner is like a expansion. New area and mission. You acquire the stone girl (you probably wouldn't have figured it out anyway) during the mission. You also get some new loot. It's very good loot.

The armor is great tank gear for a bit. It's all free so you might as well download.

There is dlc called warden's quest, this dlc gives you storage like a mog house hah. I bought that, the mission wasn't as good as Stone prisoner. The loot was pretty good though. Oh wait, the loot is very good, the best sword is in that dlc.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

o kewl
How much is the other xpac?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:49 pm 
Random Man

$7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:39 pm 

Plois I haven't done the Grey Raven ceremony yet but I'm about to do it, I saw the Dual Wield ability so I was like f-yeah 2 weapons. I'm a Warrior without an actual class yet, is it only a Rogue thing for the Dual Wield - if not why can't I equip a second sword/dagger?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:34 pm 
Random Man

Anybody that buy the talent can dual wield. Pick the dagger and press square I think. When you pick it you'll see the secondary arm represented by either square or X, I forgot. Dualwield is awesome, you get a talent called momentum and it makes you hit so fast. Also when you get your dual wield higher you can sub a sword.

Also when you get familiar with the mechanics of the game I suggest you move the difficulty to Nightmare.

A few tips:
*Have it so the radial macro system is set to hold to keep it up. This way you can issue a command without the game unpausing. The reason this is good is because you can change to someone else and give them a command too.

*Using the radial menu to pause the game is good, it let's you assess the situation better.

*learn how to make potions, traps, and piosons. These items are very helpful. Flasks are very cheap and each flask can make a potion when you find a elf root. Poison use flasks also. Traps require scrap metal and other things.

*Don't sweat not being able to pick a lock. Most of the time the only thin in those chests are just materials, money, or something you can sell.

*Ranger is awesome. A maxed out ranger is like having a extra party member with a mind of it's own.

*Shape shifting is lame, don't waste your time with it.

*If you get the Reaver Class before me ur done! Same for Blood Mage. Reaver seem like a dark knight class. Blood mage use hp of it's allies and foes to cause damage, and to control enemies.

*2hand talents is a stunner. You knock things down with normal attacks. You also ignore defense, so while it's not as fast as dual wield it has it's place in doing things that aid the party.

*Maxed out Dual Wield skill tree is crazy. You become a walking death machine.

*Thief with max stealth, poison, and trap skills is hax.

*Having problems with Emissaries? use Mana Clash and cause a huge amount of damage to them. Damage depends on how much mp the opponent has. It's aoe so if there are two mages its bonus the fun.

Last edited by Ploid on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:40 pm 

Oic, I've cinda gotten fond of the shield bash stuff, although when I get that rock guy I'll make him a tank and be a heavier DD.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:47 pm 

Also, why is the game so laggy on ps3?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:16 am 
Random Man

Needs a patch.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:18 am 

Holy shit Dual Wield is sweet, even with only the second stage of it unlocked you attack friggin' fast.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 am 
Doesn't work without batteries

You haven't gotten blood mage yet ploid!?

Arcane warrior is baller... Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage is even more baller.

Arcane warrior with maxed tree is like a jack of all trades. You can go mage gear and mage it up, go heavy armor and take beatings like a champ or a mix of both, though some micro-managing seems necessary to make the best use of it.

I like to go in to a fight with mage gear and just blow through my mana pool with big AoE moves, mostly the Ice and lightning cones and other crowd control spells then I switch it up and melee. All the arcane warrior spells used for meleeing are sustainable and sustainable spells are basically free casts if you have no mana.

A Heavy armored Arcane warrior, in my experience, takes very little dmg versus most mobs which is nice with Blood Mage since you'll be able to more freely use your own HP to cast more spells.

I micro a lot. I pretty much give commands to everyone all the time and have ignored the tactics system for the most part besides a few basics.

Also, I liked Warden's Keep more than Stone Prisoner.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 am 

One thing I like is the fact that you can just.. you know.. move out of the way of arrows.
Also, am I the only one with the lag or is it just a ps3 thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:20 am 
Random Man

No sef, it's there for me too. It's slowdown, or framerate. Oh and about the enemies with arrows, you think it's easy to avoid now but wait until they get scatter shot. Aoe stun and damage. The arrows split up after hitting someone and branch onto your other members if they are close enough.

Dhil no I don't yet. I'm doing another run now as mage. This is my first time going through as mage so I'll be able to grab bloodmage. That arcane/blood setup sounds sweet. I'll try that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:28 am 

I thoroughly enjoy the banter between Alistair and Morrigan.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:30 am 
Random Man

Wait until you get other people, and make more choices in the game. I really like Alistair and Wynne (a old lady mage). Some good stuff between them (he treats her like a mother. Not going to spoil some stuff, she has some interesting history).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:37 am 

Lmfao, this game is so random. I just killed that businessman after he gave me money for driving away an old lady.
Then I laughed super fucking hard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 am 
Random Man

Way to go, now you can't get the Omega Rune. I bet Morgan loved watching you kill him. That's exactly what she wanted, or as the Death Note dude would say, "all according to plan!"

jk there's no such thing as Omega rune. gg killing a honest working man you monster.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:43 am 

I'm su sry ;;
Srsly though it was funny and I laughed for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:14 am 

How bad is it if someone disapproves of you?
I kept asking what's his face to make me a Templar lol. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:27 am 
Random Man

That's one bonus of having good rep with someone. They'd teach you new classes. Depending on your motivation as a leader (rep) they will perform better. Example, Alistair will get more constitution, Morgan will get more spell power. In short having them on your good side is very beneficial, having them on your bad side can bite you in the butt. Like in a kill you in your sleep kinda way (when you least expect it, they could screw you).

That said it's usually a good idea to keep Morgan and Alistair apart hah. They are almost complete opposites.

Don't forget your camp is at the upper right corner of the world map. You can go there anytime your at that screen to change characters, buy something, give party members stuff, or whatever you want.

Last edited by Ploid on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:31 am 

Well Morrigan made it so I could be her class or w/e but I dunno how to do that, and I wanna be a Reaver. >:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next