It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I hate people.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:08 pm 
Cock atrice

I hear good things about the new Batman game, I haven't played it tho. After all this Dissidia talk, I actually took my old PSP out of retirement and picked it up. Its so addicting, I seem to play that more than MvC2 on xbox live. :blush: . I might have to get into PSP gaming, a lot of the hot games are like $20, can't go wrong with that. I need to get more memory tho, I still have the same memory stick that the original PSP came with =x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm 
Random Man

Man MvC2 is so lame. I was having a blast with it until I played a guy that only picked Sentinal, Storm, that plant dude that throw babies at you, and the flying robot dude. He just spam things to keep me away while chipping my HP down. There's this 6 armed girl he picks too. She summons blades as a normal special and shoots them out, so while he's doing that over and over he calls out the flying robot dude and the robot dude shoots a screen full of rocket fists over and over. Broken game! I never played after that day.

Edit: Getting Uncharted 2 for $46 now, online shopping is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:48 pm 
Cock atrice

yeah those matches are gay as hell, if its a player match I'll just quit and join another room but if its a ranked match I at least try. A good 25% of the time its a nub that tries to copy the pros' strategy; I love to pwn and humilate those guys but when its actually a person who mastered that strat, unless you stoop to their level, you pretty much gotta take it. Anyways that game is on hold until I'm done with Dissidia. =pp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm 
Random Man

Yea I had to stoop to that guys level by using Cyclops, Iron man, and Guile (guile is a character I actually use). I just spammed the lasers with Cyclops, and iron man, kept Iron on support with the support blast spammed while I chipped away as cyclops. If I got him in the corner I used Guile's flash kick support. When he get down to one person I take guile out and play correctly for the beatdown.

Playing like them is so boring, I don't see why they do it. I only play in Player Matches mode, so it's not like they are gaining rank by cheesing wins. I don't like to quit so I usually stick with it, especially if I'm losing. When I kept beating him with the cheese duo he got mad and left thankfully.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:54 pm 
Cock atrice

This thread needs more DJ Hero info, supposedly comes out next month. I'd post some pics and such but I'm at work atm. I think I might scoop this title up.

Edit: I just found out they are making a Super Street Fighter IV with about 8-10 new characters... I'm intrigued :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm 
Random Man

Yea, that's lame, it should be dlc and not a whole new game just to add characters and patch a working fighting system. I bet Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo is already ready to go. It will have lobbies that support more than 2 PEOPLE! Everyone being stupid will just buy it. I'm going to wait until they release Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo Remix. That will be the best one, well until they release Ultimate Street Fighter 4, but then the cycle will just start over again. And people wonder why folks don't bother with fighting games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:29 am 
Random Man

Man I'm straight robbing these online stores D:

I should be paying $130 for Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition, but I'm paying $99.88. I saved $30.12, well I'd be paying a lot more than 130 if I was buying this at a store, no tax on Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:49 pm 
Cock atrice

Good stuff, I usually find lots of deals on Amazon when I'm shopping for stuff. I'm surprised at the amount of deals you can find on that site as popular and well-known as it is. My next purchase is probably a larger memory stick for my PsP, the default stick that comes with the system just doesn't cut it anymore...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:53 pm 
Black Thumb

New Hampshire has no sales tax either, check that out if you wanna skip taxes.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:52 am 
Random Man

Wow you can be a boss in the game. (Demon's Souls)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5X60ZWLjis

Boss as in end level boss, or ffxi term BCNM.

EDit: Oh snap, new COD6 or whatever trailer. The capitol is under attack. #($% just got real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6 ... age&fmt=18.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 pm 
Random Man

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PC/PS3 desk monitor.

New 42'in 1080p TV

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 pm 
Black Thumb

Dayum, new CoD looks fkn sick. Reminded me of MGS4's opening scene a little bit, with the Middle Eastern city and whatnot. Can't wait till this comes out now, that Demon's Souls game looks ok too, right? I hear it's an RPG (forget who told me about it, may have been Iceflare) that is gonna be pretty rockin.

Which of these are you gonna get Plois?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm 
Random Man

Demon's souls (got it) and Uncharted 2. CoD Modern Warfare 2 looks sick, I'll probably get it.

Just got this armor in Demon's Souls

Told someone in the PSN chat and showed them a picture. Then they told me to select it and press square twice to see if the description still have something about bugs being in it. I selected it and pressed square once and the thing vanished. I think it was dropped and like in FFXI it wasn't on the ground when I closed the menu and looked on the floor ; ;. Thing about this game is it constantly update the save file like ffxi. I doubt I can get this back QQ.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:11 pm 
Black Thumb

Demon's Souls worth buying? It looks kinda badass. It kinda looks like equip sets like Diablo almost ;o

I'd prolly check that out. Are you able to team up with people and wreck havoc? I'm sure people would run in fear when they saw us (shut up, all of you). Would be nice to have someoe showing me around....do I really bring my PS3 on the road with me from now on????

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:45 pm 
Random Man

This game seems like a MMO, it's more Zelda than Final Fantasy. You can level up and stuff but you'll die a lot if you don't have skills to react, counter, block, etc. It's more technical with reaction times and stuff because you're playing in real time, and your spells, attacks are all based on when you press the button.

You can team up, and people can enter your game uninvited to try to kill you so they can get their body back. A dead guy has half his health, and take more damage so if he wants his body he has to either kill a living person, or help a living person kill a boss (the latter is where co op come in). You can summon dead players to help you. The thing is you have to go out of your way to get your friends to join your game. A dead person put down a stone somewhere, and you would have to go to that spot to summon him. So if you want to play with your friends you have to tell them to go to a low traffic spot so no one else will summon them instead. While you have these people with you, a Black soul (the sole that invaded your game, and want's his body back) can still appear in your world. If one show up when you don't have any help you can summon a soul to help you kill him. They're always willing to cooperate because they want to earn their body back as well. You can also be a boss fight in this game.

It's a very hard game, but only because there's little room for error. Look at the youtube videos I posted above. I'm not sure if you'll like it so I'd say maybe rent.

Here are some videos to look over that can explain better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyOcmMF1Smw - Visceral action trailer. Not much explaining but it show different action of the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15lEZDiCBjk - Walkthrough 1, this describe the game. Story and character creation. Also show some of the classes, equipment, stats, leveling up, and gameplay mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ - This should explain the online stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:56 pm 
Black Thumb

Sounds like...super complicated. Does it require precise fighting like Street Fighter to not get curbstomped or anything? I would hardly call myself slow, but I don't know if I feel like playing something THAT active.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 pm 
Random Man

After playing it a while, it's not quite street fighter, but because I'm level 1 I guess it's harder for me to parry and counter (I'm pretty much a rdm at this point, but I can change to thf as I level). R1 is light attack with your primary weapon/spell, R2 is a heavy attack from whatever's assigned to your primary weapon/staff. If you have some kind of staff you'll cast a spell that you select instead. You change spells by pressing up on the Dpad. L1 is raise shield, or a swing secondary weapon. You can equipt a secondary weapon and press triangle which cause you to 2hand grip your primary. Doing this cause you to double your damage with the primary weapon and retain the stats of your secondary equipted shield/weapon. You can buff up with miracles (devine magic), you can enfeeble and stuff too.

I'm still a noob though, but the fighting system is kinda slower than street fighter, but you just can't make too many mistakes. Especially against real people trying to take your soul. They would probably jack you up for little mistakes. Combos are just pressing R1 again and again, you're stamina determines how long you can attack with speed. You level stamina/endurance, dex, int, etc for different abilities like in normal rpgs. Dex make you hit harder, and stuff, int makes you nuke harder. You can roll dodge to evade, and thf is best at that because of their speed, but you won't have enough endurance to carry heavy armor..

Sorry for rambling I'm not quite sure how to explain everything when I'm just figuring stuff out myself.

Here's a interesting trailer that show more aspects of the game especially the end credits. You will die in this game, over and over. It's part of the system, you learn how to handle the enemies on the first level. From there it's all about assessing the situation, and executing. You play thf so I think you could react fast enough. I soloed a red eyed monster people aren't supposed to fight their first time through the first area on my level 1 Royal (rdm).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M66lEFzlp8k

Also the world is made up in stages. The stages are huge and to access them you enter portals in the hub world. The hub world is where you upgrade stats, fix armor, and upgrade armor. If you're seriously thinking about getting it you should probably rent it. Here's a vid of a guy quitting the game on what seems like the first level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0F1glN9JjEt=9m32s

Oh and when you die you lose all of your souls unless you return to it and reclaim them. Souls aren't a problem further in the game though. They're easier to obtain.

Edit: Hah I'm having a blast. Everyone is being nice at the moment, with a few people testing the waters on being a prick. No one is invading my games yet, but I'm a spirit most of the time (being in flesh form is like a super power. You're weakened when you're a spirit).

My character in flesh form. I need to find new body armor. I got to go through so many loops for some demon bow synth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 am 
Random Man

Quote:
I throw my quick impressions down:

So, this game caused me to do something that I haven't done since I college; play for way, way to long and go to be way past my bedtime. I popped this sucker in around 7PM, and didn't actually get to bed until 2AM. 7 Straight hours of playing, all spent screwing around in 1-1. I rolled a Thief, and after beating it without dieing (hooray!) I spent all the souls I had amassed and jumped right back into 1-1 to do the things I was to scared to do at first. I killed the red-eyed knight by luring him into some exploding barrels and knocking him off a ledge , then went looking for those dragons (which I couldn't find :/ ). I got real reckless and died a few times to stupid stuff, which only ended up making me want to play longer. The urge to jump right back in and get the souls you lost is so strong. Seriously. Demon's Souls is not as hard as I thought it would be, and I'm loving every minute of it so far. Of course, I haven't stepped out of 1-1 yet, I have no idea how to build my character (I'm not gonna use a guide for the first play through), and I'm pretty sure once I have to fight a non-humanoid character I'm going to freak out and get crushed, so there is still a lot left to kill me over, and over, and over again.

I absolutely love the bloodstains in this game, if only because they provide me a constant sense of enjoyment. Watching how someone died is for some reason hilarious to me. That, and each time I watch one I can't help but feel a little better about myself for surviving.

I can't wait for this day to be over so I can play some more.

I was going to post my first day impressions but I just grabbed a random post from this thread. It's not as hard as advertised, it's just unforgiving. It's just like a mmorpg (I guess many people haven't played a mmorpg and how you can't make backup saves and can wipe to things if you get careless), the game keeps everything updated like ffxi, you can't stop the game from going on while you're playing the game. You have to mess around in your menu in safe places (if someone invade your game to kill you a message will show up on your screen letting you know they are there). The fighting is straight forward, and you can get even deeper with trying to parry for a counter stab which will give you more attack. I'm hooked so far, it has all of the things I liked in a mmo, I can even take out monsters that I should leave alone but in a more free to try anything way (monsters can fall to their death for one).

I can already see myself making a new character with a different play style. So far I'm depending too much on the soul arrow spell. I got a cool regen shield yesterday. So now I have auto refresh and regen. Pimp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:43 am 
Random Man

Video of me playing the game. At the end listen to the part where I stand still. It sounds like that thing from FFXI that like shiny shiny. I like that thing and how it sounds. Sparkly Twinkly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G61_U9HnEAI&fmt=18

More screens:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 46  Next