It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:22 am 
Random Man

Wow, I heard about these games before but kinda ignored them because they were on ps2, and because they were described as dating sims. What was I thinking. These two games are just what I needed. I bought Dragon Quest 8 when it released and a word I would describe that is stiff. These games are like a complete opposite. The fights are fast, and animated, and the game is very wacky, funny, and awesome! It's like a breath of fresh air, and I was thinking I could never stand a turn based rpg again (yes even ff13).

A example of the wacky awesomeness Your video game characters fighting a 3d pixelated boss, in a videogame themed world. -Xzibit

The music is also awesome. I'm hardly big on music but the stuff in these games are very unique especially for a rpg. It helps the game stand out, and gives this anime world color.

Long post short, this is like a anime game done awesome.

Vids:
Persona 4 intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10pqWZPhiU&fmt=18

Persona 3 fes intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphRI3pfJ9E&fmt=18

My favorite: Velvet Room. Like the soothing bgm, and the art direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geJe71dAllk

One more thing, this game has a crap load of pokemo.. er Personas. They are like summons, and you use a evoker to summon them (shoot yourself in the head with it). The summoning is super quick and changing between them gives you their traits (abilities that are in the background like str, agi, weaknesses/strengths to attacks (spells, or attacks types like blunt). You can also fuse them together to try an make a different persona and give that persona the stats, and abilities of the parent personas. Also when you blah blah blah blahh

It looks great on a HDTV and with PS3 upscaling so don't worry about graphics!

Video reviews:
1up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn99uPLlPiU&fmt=18

Gametrailers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrbboffr1KY&fmt=18

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 am 
STFU

looks gay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:27 am 
Random Man

If gay = stinking awesome, it is.

Also something I forgot, you can zip through grinding. There is a fast forward button but when you use it your fighters only do melee. So it's the melee burn button but faster fights than a ffxi melee burn. This game just keeps on going.

Pics of the persona fuse system (mixing personas). I'm still learning the thing, kinda got the hang of it now though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:10 am 
STFU

Kooyo wrote:
looks gay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 pm 
Random Man

How old are you?

Sorry I just hate when people quote other quotes with no text/comment, but quoting your own quote without text is even worse. (Awaits your next post quot training your original quote)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:03 pm 
STFU

Kooyo wrote:
Kooyo wrote:
ur gay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:02 pm 
Goblin Smithy

I have Persona 4. Was progressing along fine until I used an AOE physical attack with my main character vs enemies that reflect physical attacks and I instantly died ending the game and wasting several hours of playtime. Frustrating to say the least.

I guess I'll pick it back up when I'm more bored. Like the game though, hate the save system (needs some type of auto save).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:58 pm 
Random Man

Oh man, I know how you feel. When I forget to save I'm so tense and nervous that I'll screw up. All it take is a lucky mudo to end you. What I do is be very careful and plan every little thing. New enemy? Ploid equipts mudo and hama resist persona, or equipment.

I just made a new persona that allows me to demolish most mobs in one turn. Then after the win I gain around 18 SP (mana) so I never end up running out of cure power, and such. The ultimate exp persona.