It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:12 am 
Random Man

The new discussion starts on page X. Gogo Gaming!

June 10,
CPS3 Encryption broken by the mame team! (coming soon, street fighter3 third strike online play via PC, and more CPS3 games)

http://haze.mameworld.info/2007/06/09/hmmmmmmmm/
Quote:
Wow, just wow.

CPS3 games:
Quote:
* JoJo no Kimyouna Bouken / JoJo's Venture (1998)
o JoJo no Kimyouna Bouken Miraie no Isan / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1999)
* Street Fighter III: New Generation (1997)
o Street Fighter III, 2nd Impact: Giant Attack (1998)
o Street Fighter III, 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (1999)
* Warzard / Red Earth (1996)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HL2 Insurgency mod.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/ ... 034mp4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/ ... _aimed.jpg
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=67489
check out the trailer
Insurgency (INS) is a total conversion mod for Valve Software's' Half-Life 2, powered by the Source Engine. INS immerses the player in an intense online combat experience. Set on the modern battlefields, Insurgency simulates infantry combat that encourages the use of teamwork and tactics to close with and destroy the enemy.

Basic Features...
free total conversion, only half-life 2 and steam required
chain of command
commanders assign objectives and give waypoints
morale
morale scoring system to set high value on teamplay
customizable gameplay
"insurgency map configuration" system for server-side map customization
reinforcement waves
unique reinforcement wave system
depth of realism
iron sights, free aim, ricochet, bullet penetration, weapon weights, and more
no bullsh*t hud or crosshairs
only see what's important, when it's important
weapon caches
used for rearming on the battlefield, destroyable by the other team
global stats
a simple forum signup keeps track of your stats forever
network
a comprehensive "ins.network" will cover all your insurgency needs

http://www.insmod.net/
----------------------------------------------
a taste. New in game akuma sprites for the HD Super Street Fighter 2 game (xbox 360 and PS3 download game).
-----------------------------------------------

Can someone do my homework for me!? dangit dangit dangit

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:14 am 
lolmithrapld

Oh U FKR when did you get this!!!!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.x2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:42 am 
Random Man

Showed up in my services page today. Beta starts tomorrow :\ I'll probably get one or 3 games in. Only last a month too bah. The month that I should be crunching to get work done.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm 
lolmithrapld

will get hubby to check his shit when he gets in! i wanna play! lol

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:22 pm 
Better than Kooyo

wow omg ploid... just wow

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:25 pm 
Gender Illusionist

wtf are you people talking about D:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:39 pm 
Eden Failure +1

Whats a warhawk?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:10 pm 
Eden Alumni

THIS IS A FFXI FORUMS!!!! >:O!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:50 pm 
lolmithrapld

Shush Scor.......

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:54 pm 
Eden Alumni

Other games do not exist. :<

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:57 pm 
lolmithrapld

Scorsese wrote:
Other games do not exist, apart from Socom and Warhawk:<

Fixed Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:57 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

socom was cool back in 2003 Sad

its Battlefield 2142 now bishes

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm 
lolmithrapld

i dunt like BF2142 :<

I'll stick to Socom thanks

Ploid we find out tomorrow about beta trial Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:58 pm 
Random Man

To find out if he's in it. You can go to

Enter your email address thats connected to your PSN account on PS3, and the Password for your Playstation Underground account. If you don't have a Playstation Underground account try this when you get access to the PS3.

Go into your Transaction Management in your account, then go to view services, you cna see if you're in the Beta. A Warhawk Icon will appear there.

Hope you guys get in. At least you'll be able to see if it's suits your style (3rd person foot combat, although it's not stealth, intimate, careful, combat like socom 1-2).

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:41 am 
Random Man

Scorsese wrote:
Other games do not exist. :<

FFXI wish it had games in it (Haw haw). Seriously it needs a moogle arcade room. 25g each game you play that's tetris quality. 3k for games like FF6 and snes quality stuff. 10k for gba Square games. Etc.

Someone's impressions: (not mine, everyone is under NDA lol. And I haven't had the chance to download it yet.)

Quote:
My first impressions; the game is beautiful and plays like a dream. I love the depth of it. I find the air turrets are slightly over powered, and air turret against a warhawk the warhawk doesn't even stand a chance. The controls of the warhawk are awesome, except I wish I could boost. Maybe in different models?

The weapons are great, the sound is awesome. The variety of gameplay is really nice. Hand grenades and sniping rifles are really satisfying.

This is amazing.

Again another beta related thing. I would never take pictures of beta under NDA and this is not mine. Please don't kick me.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:03 pm 
Random Man

New Firmware update. I've been having fun messing around with the PC streaming thing. Bought a usb drive for nothing, can just get files via ethernet router network (Pictures, music, videos).

Quote:
LATEST PLAYSTATION 3 FIRMWARE UPDATE ADDS UPSCALING FOR PLAYSTATION/PLAYSTATION 2 GAMES AND DVD MOVIES

Remote Play on PSP (PlayStation Portable) System via Wireless Internet and Access to Media Content via DLNA Technology Also Enabled

FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 23, 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that the next regular system software update for the PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system (version 1.80) will be available on Thursday, May 24, and will add upscaling of PlayStation/PlayStation 2 games and DVD movies up to 1080p resolution. Now, in addition to displaying native high-definition (HD) content in the highest possible quality (1080p), PS3 system can turn standard definition content into a vibrant HD-quality experience.

The latest firmware update also gives PS3 owners more flexibility to enjoy their digital entertainment content where they want to. The Remote Play feature for using a PSP (PlayStation Portable) system to access photos, videos, and music on a PS3 system’s hard drive will be available from outside of a user’s own home via any accessible Wi-Fi Internet connection, upon the next PSP firmware update. Additionally, PS3 can now play back media content stored on a personal computer or digital video recorder with Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capability over a home network.

“As adoption of HDTVs continues to surge, we know that consumers are hungry for content, and this latest firmware update leverages the PS3’s technology to deliver an HD-quality experience using the entertainment media already in your collection,” said Peter Dille, senior vice president of marketing, SCEA. “In addition, we continue to enhance the PS3’s capabilities as an entertainment hub, giving consumers the option to bring their content with them on-the-go, or to stream photos, videos, and music stored on their PC to the PS3 in their living room. That’s often where the largest TV monitor and sound system is located, giving consumers the best possible entertainment experience.”

Upscaling Games and Movies
SCEA is enhancing the PS3 user experience by enabling PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games to be upscaled to HD resolution, up to 1080p. Classic games as well as recently released titles can now be enjoyed like never before. And PS3 system now has the capability to upscale DVD videos to HD quality (up to 1080p), a feature typically limited to top-of-the-line DVD players. Upscaling games requires an HDMI or component AV cable, while upscaling DVD-ROM (including DVD Video content) requires an HDMI cable and HDMI compatible TV set.

Media Content on the Move
Since November, PS3 owners have been able to stream photos, videos, and music stored on their PS3’s hard drive to a nearby PSP system. Consumers will soon have the freedom to access this media content wherever and whenever their PSP is connected to a wireless Internet access point. To take advantage of this feature, users will have to update their PSP system’s firmware to the next version, 3.50, slated for release next week. Once both systems are updated, consumers can enjoy their entertainment content wherever and whenever wireless Internet access is available, including the 7,000 T-Mobile HotSpot locations across the United States.

Other Feature Upgrades

Copying Saved Data to a Memory Card – Users can now copy saved data from PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format software stored on their PS3 system to a Memory Card or Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2), using their PS3 system and a Memory Card Adaptor. (can take my saved PS1/2 games from PS3 to PS1/ps2 consoles now.)

Photo Printing, Viewing, and Editing – The photo capabilities of PS3 system have been enhanced, allowing users to print digital photos stored on a PS3’s hard drive or inserted storage media. Currently, select Epson printers connected via USB are compatible. In addition, users will find a new type of slideshow for displaying photos, zoom functionality and the option to crop images. (the new slideshow is darn neat)

PC to PS3 Media Streaming (DLNA) Tutorial

Quote:
KinanOK, since bits of info get burried in a huge FW1.80 thread, I decided to make a new thread where I will update the first post regularly with new info.
So, short notes first.

DLNA is an industry standard for media (audio,video, photo) sharing within concept of a digital home and is supported by many hardware and software manufacturers. As of FW1.80, DLNA is supported by Playstation 3 entertainment system. PS3 takes a role of DLNA Player, not DLNA server, so it can play a content of any DLNA server (source) in you digital home, but can not stream the content to other server within DLNA protocols. (Remote connect to PSP is using proprietary protocols)

What it means is that you have to have a DLNA server installed, either hardware (like some HDD storages, DVRs or set-top boxes) or as a software on your PC.

The latter is most interesting for majority of us, since DLNA certified CE equipment is not that widespread yet.

Your options for the software naturally depends on your operating system. DLNA is an open protocol based on UPnP (Universal PnP) and therefore can work on any operating system. So far we found a reasonably good solution only for Windows OSes, so I'll start with it.

Windows

WMP11

If you are running Windows Vista you have a very simple way to enable the sharing through Windows Media Player 11. If you search in Media Sharing Tab you can spot a new uknown device you can share media to:

Allow sharing to it and go to your PS3. Now, after 1.80 the new icon appeared in Music/Video and Photo bars, called Search for Media Servers. Click it and [spoiler] if you are lucky :p[/spoiler], a Vista media server icon will appear just under it. Now you can click on it and navigate through you WMP11 library direct in XMB!

Moreover, hit triangle on your video file and you can copy it over to PS3 without hassle!

Sounds good, right? Its not that perfect however, since you will be only play video and music files that are supported by PS3, and in some cases not even all of them. And that limits you to MP2 and MP4 (which reported to not work at some cases), so no luck with AVIs.

The only solution here is transcoding, which is basically on-fly recoding of source video/audio to target video/audio. The best (and only correctly working so far) program for it is Nero MediaHome, which is a part of Nero Digital Pro package: http://www.nero.com/eng/Upgrade_to_Nero_Digital_Pro.html

Thanks to mingeeta@PS3forums we have a quick tutorial for setting it up.

Turn your PS3 on and login, and leave it on your XMB

Run a file in Nero Showtime to unblock the firewall that pops up and ALLOW.

Run Nero MediaHome

On the left are a set of Icons.

Heres a quick setup:

SHARED DIRECTORIES > Click ADD SHARE and browse to a single shared directory for now, as it takes time to add the details, so dont go adding gazillions of media files for now.

OPTIONS: I left them at default for now, but they are self explanatory. Automatically start media home when pc is switched on is a good one to tick up, but leave it off for now till you get it going.

NETWORK: Click the box for your ethernet card on your PC. Leave port number and network name at default for now

DEVICES: Click UPnP/1.0 line and click ALLOW ACCESS box

TRANSCODING: Leave on auto detect as it will talk to the ps3 and see what it can and cant play and come up with a solution after a few seconds.

TV: Set up your tv card here

STATUS: Click this ICON and you will be able to see whats going on

then click START SERVER at the bottom, and you wait a few moments. Go back to PS3 and it should show the Nero Media Home Icon. Browse as normal for your video files.

At first if you have loads of files in your shared directories it can casue the ps3 playback to come back out to the XMB. Just give Media Home some time to update the directory listings, then it will be silky smooth.

It was tested at a decent PC for SD avi files only so far, and they work fine. You might have issues if you have an old pc, as the trancoding can take up resources.

If you cant see any media on your PS3 after doing all this, try following:

Turn off the server and go to TOOLS - NERO SCOUT - INDEXING - FOLDERS and select the folders you want there. Then go back to the INDEXING tab and click INDEX NOW - this may take a while to do, if you have huge amounts of files, so as before just to get it working. When its done go to SHARED DIRECTORIES ICON in nero media home and select SHARE ALL CONTENT INDEXED BY NERO SCOUT

As it seems now it works quite fine for SD content, but stutters/fails at HD files, which is not surprising, giving the needed processor power for on-fly HD conversion.

For native HD MPEG2 files people are getting good streaming results with twonky vision media center http://www.twonkyvision.com/ but as of current it full of glitches when working with PS3, so I wouldnt recommend you to spend much time with it until they deliver a patch specifically for PS3. Same can be said about another popular DLNA streaming/transcoding solution TVersity http://tversity.com/.

There are also a bunch of freeware UPnP software that should allow streaming to PS3 as well, such as:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gmediaserver/
http://ushare.geexbox.org/
http://mediatomb.cc/
http://www.cybergarage.org/net/cmgate/cc/index.html

You can look at them if you have enough free time and some skills. Most of them can also be compiled to Mac or Linux, but I wouldnt try to do. Smile

Speaking of other OSes, Mac users theoretically also have a number of options.

Mentioned above Twonky Vision Media Center has OsX version available, and you can give it a try.
Exclusive Smile to Mac systems is EyeConnect software http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyeconnect

both have 30days free trials, so its plenty of time to try. I dont have a Mac personally, so I cant check. But with EyeConnect users reporting that audio works pretty much perfect, including iTunes library, but video has more problem, though some users claims that MPEG and MPEG2 streaming do work, just no transcoding. Again, a necessary patch shouldnt be a way off, its just that with FW 1.80 Sony really caught everyone off guard. Smile

Linux users normally advanced enough to know more about it than me, I will not elaborate here. Freeware programs posted about + twonky media server should be usable.

At the end, as a general note, most common mistakes so far:

1) firewall (either PC firewall or in router) blocking a media server program (thats when you can find a media server after search on your PS3)
2)you are looking for video files in Music tab of XMB. Smile Though sometimes they may be there, but its a bug. DLNA normally should take care that you see videos under video tab and pics under Photo. .)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:42 pm 
lolmithrapld

As of end of month Beta trial has been accepted for Warhawk woooooooooot Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:04 am 
Random Man

Just remember:

Quote:
Dear Beta Testers,

As a friendly reminder, it is your responsibility to follow these rules -

You acknowledge and agree that:

-the Beta Test Materials are the confidential information of SCEA;

- the Beta Test Materials are pre-release materials and not intended for public release;

- the Beta Test Materials may be serial numbered for tracking purposes and would be traceable to you;

- disclosure of any part of the Beta Test Materials to any third party, including but not limited to any trade or consumer press, news agency or any competitor of SCEA, will cause significant and irreparable harm to SCEA, the extent of which may be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, you agree SCEA shall be entitled to injunctive relief as well as all other legal remedies that may be available in the event you breach this agreement.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:08 am 
Cock atrice

So I assume you'll be telling us all about it, then? lol

Looks pretty cool, though. Yet another reason for me to get a ps3.

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:37 am 
lolmithrapld

Yeah Ploid lets lock everyone outta this thread but us two!

Ne ways imma go Zzzzzzzz, need to catch up on some sleep!

edit:-
Tyriac wrote:
As of end of month the thing we are not allowed to talk about has been given the green light wooooot Mr. Green

Fixed Razz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next