It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fallout 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:00 pm 
Not really long

I play on the xbox, so I cant do that tgm thing I dont think, also, I cant run away from mutants that are blocking my path, they have to die, which means I have to blow ammo and food on them. Honestly, I think Im going to restart, and try and figure out the whole xp and leveling system a bit better, and get some side quests done as swie suggested.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:34 pm 
Sex in a Cup

So what happens when you add super mutant behemoths and a fat boy together....

pure win.

2 behemoths to go.

Missed tesla armor though, so I am dissapointed. -_-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:35 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

wut...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:07 pm 
Random Man

Everytime I read about what other people are doing in Fallout 3 it's always about stuff I never did. I'll be playing this again when I finish with work tomorrow if possible. Next time I'll be the most dirty vile dude that would steal from his own dead mother.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:37 pm 
Daddy

Ploid wrote:
Everytime I read about what other people are doing in Fallout 3 it's always about stuff I never did. I'll be playing this again when I finish with work tomorrow if possible. Next time I'll be the most dirty vile dude that would steal from his own dead mother.

I don't like role play. I just like to be myself. I do like role play games because they allow this. In game situations, I just act as I would if I was really in that situation. I always end up being on the "good" path.

I tried role play of being bad a few times and I never like it. It makes me feel horrible after I kill or steal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 pm 
Random Man

I ended up starting over a few minutes ago for a bit. I started as a girl, with the mind to be all about str, accuracy (perception?), evil and such. The opposite of my first (talk my way out of everything, thf). I ended up feeling bad for doing evil things and just started being nice again. I guess I can't do it heh, I soon forget to be bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:44 am 
Sex in a Cup

Didn't play today, and have to get up early so no time left. Perhaps tomorrow when I go to hunt down the other 2 behemoths.

I just have to leave dogmeat and star paladin cross behind somewhere or it will fucking one shot them.

Almost out of ammo for the fat boy too... so it might be sniper rifle, plasma mines and a plasma rifle to kill it. Might be tough.

Could even break out the terrible shotgun for shits and giggles to see if I can survive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 am 
Cock atrice

Asta wrote:
Ploid wrote:

I don't like role play. I just like to be myself. I do like role play games because they allow this. In game situations, I just act as I would if I was really in that situation. I always end up being on the "good" path.

I tried role play of being bad a few times and I never like it. It makes me feel horrible after I kill or steal.

I love it. I remember installing that patch on Fallout 2 that put the children back into the game, just so I could melt faces with the plasma rifle.
When I was done with that char, I had wiped out every town on the map =o

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 am 
Random Man

I have no idea what these supermutant behemoths are. It's amazing how much game I left after finishing the game. I loaded up the last part where I can freely do whatever I want, just before the game ends. I'm getting deep quests that keep revealing other quests, plots, and goodies. Example:

Exploring with nothing to do I find a building full of slaves. Being nice I decide to help them relocate to a area that's better suited for their goal of being a refuge for more runaway slaves.

They ask me to check it out to make sure supermutants aren't around the area, and to look for documents on how the memorial looked before it was destroyed so they can rebuild it.

When I got there it's not run by supermutants, but slavers that are looking for the runaway slaves that sent me.

I'm asked to help the slavers find the slaves for a big reward, and access to check out the memorial. I do one small thing for them that didn't harm the slaves, but allowed me to gain enough trust from the slavers to gain access to the memorial. While deep behind their lines I set traps and got my AI assassin (long story, I picked him up along the way. He was held hostage via a contract and couldn't kill the person that had the contract but must do whatever said person ask of him. I bought the contract for a cheap price thanks to my bargaining skills, and smooth talking. Then the assassin killed the former contract holder due to anger towards the guy that he held back. Beautiful story.) out of the way. I killed the army of slavers and the slavers are now enjoying their new headquarters.

This is an amazing chunk of game, and I still have a huge amount of things to explore.

Last edited by Ploid on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:58 am 
Sex in a Cup

*Spoiler*

Yeah I got the slaves to the lincoln memorial also, it was good stuff. Also got the guy all of his lincoln stuff.

Lincolns hat! What a rediculous thing. I will give you 75 caps for it!

And Charon isn't mine yet, still using Star Paladin Cross charon will be next though, he is supposed to be badass, almost as bad ass as fawkes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 am 
Random Man

What... I didn't know there was more Lincoln stuff. I just found the action figure. Man I sux.

I don't have dogmeat yet. I remember seeing him today before I crossed the slaves for the first time though. I tried to kill him, then noticed the name. My ally supermutant killed him off and I doubt I could have made friends with dogmeat at that point anyway. I reloaded, I'll get him later.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:54 am 
Sex in a Cup

Dogmeat is fucking great ! best companion in the game.

Can find weapons and circumvent the need for lockpick for some of the best.

Also has over 500 hp, fawkes has I think about 350

D: poor dogmeat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:33 pm 
Cock atrice

Just got this game last weekend after heading back home from A&M. It is amazing. I'm inside the Capitol atm and Star Cross Paladin keeps getting owned. Super Mutants going down... Dang Behemoths. Also thinking about jacking up the diff of the game cause I'm on normal and I'm destroying. FAIL BOBA.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 pm 
Random Man

My last bumped thread, looking over those pictures again, I take it back, this game does look good. I need to get out of megaton.

So many old faces in this thread. Miss Eden people.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:12 pm 
Black Thumb

these games did always have a level of intrigue that I've yet to experience being that I've yet to play any of them ;[

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 am 
Bitter Canadian

me either VD
*brofist*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Yorke wrote:
these games did always have a level of intrigue that I've yet to experience being that I've yet to play any of them ;[
Bodycount wrote:
me either VD
*brofist*

Looooved 1,2, and tactics, you guys should try 1 and 2 for sure (tactics not a necessity). I got 3 for PC and around megaton time just lost interest, the 'feel' wasn't right idk, maybe it was making fallout into an fps that caused that, or the lack of the small window w/ text describing objects that I liked so much for its wittiness -- after reading this though, Imgonna try it again though after I finish messing around on Diablo 2 LOD ladder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:18 am 
Bitter Canadian

I have also never played diablo2.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:44 am 
Black Thumb

Changes must be made if you wish to enjoy your life.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:11 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Who is playing D2 currently? I just started a hammerdin on East. ID is Rdrodriguez, character name is Aegidus. Only one I have right now. Idk how the messaging system works, btw... I pretty much never talk to strangers. :dunno: