It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:25 am 
Random Man

It's going to be like Valkyrie Profile. There are a limited amount of units and it's going to be a rare game it seems. Not only that but supposedly the game is an awesome rpg. A lot of people are happy with it. I don't have it yet but I guess I'll be grabbing it now too. Any of you have it? I guess it's time for me to get a JRPG for this system anyway. All these action games. I gotta slow down on buying games but I don't want to be locked out later on (some are selling it for $70 on ebay already).

Where is Risbyn? He asked about this game, and liked the western theme, but we said it might suck because it's by sega. Now everyone is loving it, oops.

You can collect characters with different skills/abilities, and if they die and aren't rescued they're dead for good.

Video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLl9jLOXFh8&fmt=18

There's a demo on PSN.

Last edited by Ploid on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

ew @ anime style

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:58 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

THUNDER TITTIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:59 pm 
Lost Gaiters

I have one rule about games: I only play them if I can understand what the hell is going on. I don't speak Japanese, so no Valkyria Chronicles for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:55 pm 
Random Man

Image US box

Image Europe box

Image JP box

About the images with jp moon language, I just grabbed random images off of google to fill the thread. I have it on teh way. I shall compare it to the strategy rpgs I have played. Front Mission 3, and uh I haven't played much of them. I didn't get Disgaea 3 or so like i thought I would either. This seems like a mix of 3rd person shooter, and srpg anyway.

I'll get Disgaea someday. It don't seem like people are hiking the price up and it might even be cheaper later on. Did you get that Lutia?

I should like these games a lot since I like chess a lot, but I hardly ever think about them. Got Front Mission 3 because I had too much money at the time and blew it on a lot of crazy things.

It's over 33 billion!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfs-Y6G3vjI&fmt=18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:48 pm 

Knyght wrote:
I have one rule about games: I only play them if I can understand what the hell is going on. I don't speak Japanese, so no Valkyria Chronicles for me.

^ that

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:19 pm 
Random Man

Huh? That go for FF games too? The game is fully English, you can change to Japanese voice if you want to. Or are you saying you only like Western rpgs like oblivion, witcher, baulders gate, etc? I'm confused I guess. Could you translate it to English? You know what, nvm.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:41 am 
Random Man

And sef, how you're going to let your boy Soulja show you up by not playing the JP version? Thought you was hardcore man.

Also in that vid but not related.
Image heh

Update with some engrish screens this time.
Another video review (Ign.com)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfRE4N_Pe38&fmt=18

The screens.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Edit: and oh wow. Tyriac might be the only one that gets this however. Image

Leakspin http://www.leekspin.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyIrODlNtDg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:35 am 

oblivion was really really gay
I played it for 15 mins before I brought it back

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:14 am 
Random Man

Agree, but don't let Oblivion's gayness cause you to pass up Fallout 3's goodness. It's awesome, and if you can rent it do so (if you have the time to play rpgs). It's pick up and play but you might not want to put it down if it clicks with you. It's a very good atmosphere.

Radiation radiation radiation! <3 Fallout 3.

Edit: I like this vid/mission better. This game looks like a 3rd person shooter+rpg+srpg. Good stuff. A guy giving commands that give the scout def boost, evasion boost etc. And it's not your square movement srpg which is also good to me. While I like solid squares and a set rule for movement this seems perfectly good and more room for fun strategy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku2tpD0FEAk&fmt=18

A vid of a quick mission. They sent a scout out first, then went in to complete the mission with the tank leading.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JryMOZM07E&fmt=18

Edit: Forgot to mention FFtactics, and FFtactics advanced as srpgs I played. FFtactics was fun, but boy was it hard. For some reason I'm thinking there was another game that was a bit like VC which let you run around a bit until your range of movement bar ran out. It seems a bit familiar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Ploid, I got it about 3-4 weeks ago. Already beat it. It has alot of cutscenes, so if you're turned off by dialog and character development, you might want to skip.

I think it is a great game and well worth the $50 I paid off amazon. The only flaw I found was not really knowing how much a character trait effected my characters. So to me, they didn't play a factor in choosing my party.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:33 pm 
Italian #1

tl;dnr

i just watched pictures and all i have to say is...boobs aren't big enough

Kooyo wrote:
I too will shut up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:19 pm 
Random Man

I read about those characters and their personal traits, and such like combos. I'll try to figure it out via faqs or something. I'm going to try to get a lot of work out of the way so I can sit down with this and take my time. The main thing I'm worrying about is obtaining it. There are some people on the net having a hard time getting it at local stores (amazon had it).
"this game is impossible to find in Montreal,
any Canadians having trouble finding a copy anywhere?"

I was reading a VP thread and someone mentioned he had let Ted die out to win a mission. Then another dude was like "nooooo,you shouldn't have done that. Ted is the second best choice after Alicia when it comes to base capturing."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:42 pm 

Ploid wrote:
any Canadians having trouble finding a copy anywhere?

There were a few in stock at Best Buy when I was there buying Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Guns N' Roses: Live Era CD's a couple days ago.
I made the correct choices on what to spend my $60 on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:11 pm 
Random Man

Yep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:23 am 
Random Man

Someone tried to explain this game's gameplay for tl;dnr groups.

Quote:
Think if Fire Emblem and Mass Effect had a baby.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:22 am 
Random Man

Ok I had the game for two days now. It's a great game, I'm not sure how deep it gets but so far it's easy. There are some fun battles in it but after my initial dry run I know exactly what to do. However I didn't go for all A ranks yet now that will be a bit tough, but that's like trying to optimize how badly you can beat a helpless enemy into the ground. The AI make some stupid moves here and there. For example I have a unprotected queen out in the open in the line of danger by a pawn, and I'm thinking crap crap crap, how did I let this slip" They then proceed to ignore the easy queen capture to flirt with my pawn that they can't seem to position themselves into acquiring. It's good for me but it just makes me plan more sloppy as I go through the game. I'm on like chapter 7.

What I love about the game is it's so bite size in how it split up the events. I can play one story piece and save then exit the game if i want. Everything is candy bite size sectioned. Even the optional grinding for exp and currency. No random encounters (FFtactics, and front missions if I recall correctly), and i believe you can save while our in a battle and return to where you left off. It seems like a perfect rental, and I'm not sure if it would be great for people that aren't into strategy. Sure it has the third person play but it's all about the strategy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:19 pm 
Back Sheep

Yea, I just got this game Ploid, been playing it a lot. Though certain parts made me cry manly tears.

Oh yea, that Miku picture you got up there. WTF? Is that a shop?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:23 am 
Random Man

That vegetable girl with the long green hair? No it's not shopped, it's from some game. MMO I think. I'll look it up in the Valkyria Chronicles thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339919

:lol:

I'm now doing skirmishes to try to get more exp and money, but it's actually fun to do. Trying to finish them faster, trying different setups, starting off with just enough fast people, claiming a outpost quick, then call in the slow movers type of thing. I guess when/if I can unlock a harder mode the computer won't just shoot my people leaving them with a hair of HP and quiting their phase even though they have a 4+ turns left. I even come to expect that they aren't going to kill me off sometimes. They could have ended my game many times, the tank wasn't out of ammo and it was able to do a final blow to my tank but it decide to reposition footsoldiers way over a base I'm not even close to.

Edit: ok I looked all over, and I can't find it. Anyway it was just from another game that may be on the pc.

A anime is being made for VC?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:38 am 

Nice spelling error/attempted cover up ASSHOLE :(
also, why do you have 2