It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:54 am 
Random Man

Image ImageComing soon to pc.

In two days a bike update is coming to Burnout. After that a new island will be available. So far with all this dlc/expansions they have been free. It's crazy. I'm loving the mess out of this game. It's like a candy land of racing. Btw this game is now $30, and soon you can download it off of PSN, leaving the whole thing on your hdd and boot it whenever you feel the need to play it. Like warhawk, or other psn games.

Pic of the new island.
Image Image Image Image
Quote:
Team Criterion just posted new screenshot love of a just revealed Burnout Paradise island expansion that'll be released as part of the August 2008 Davis update. The same update that'll add motorbikes to Paradise City. You can view all four new island screenshots in the gallery below and before you look, we apologize for their small size. For whatever reason, Criterion doesn't want to shower us with hi-res screenshot magic. Meh! Take in the new Davis island, dream of motorbike exhaust and the tropical sun ... August is almost here!

It's now september, not august. And holee cwap I didn't know we were getting the new island in this update as well. Sick. I'm still a noob in this game, and I can only manage second place in online races. People online have crazy slick cars. When I roll up in a car that I thought would be awesome my pride sink when I'm given a nice presentation of their cars (these are the guys you should look out for during this race. Glitter, camera pans, sun glistening over their shiny finish). When it slams the camera back to my car it's a piece of junk to me.

New hummer like vehicle.

Vid of the bike expansion coming on the 10th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvfoFD2nAu8

Making of Fish-market (a section of the original vanilla burnout)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaA7uy48UTg

Did I mention that this game looks stinking sexy?
Image Image

And it's friggin huge /swoon

Last edited by Ploid on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:09 am 
Random Man

BTW I hate high level stunt events in this game. I can barely get half of what I need to win them.

I love marked man events, and road rage. That crap is awesome.

In marked man, there are up to 3 black cars that hunt you down and try to take you out. When you first start the event it sounds like those bikes in that kill bill scene when the crazy 99's surround the place to start storming in. :bowdown: Those cars are ruthless also. Put fear in you and make you draw up like a scared child as you inch your way to the finish line. Think of it as a game where bullies try to stop you from getting to a safe spot. You either try to outrun them (not happening when you get higher licenses), or you fight back. Which leads me to the next event.

In road rage you are given a number of cars you must take out in order to win. To take a car out you either have to cause them to wreck, or you wreck them yourself by t-boning them, or landing on top of them. There may be more ways, but my brain is turned off when I play this mode. Lots of fun in this mode, but more passive. I haven't been able to try it online yet. I could only figure out how to do races online.

I need the F1 cars like all the people online have. Those things are way too fast for my top car. They can do wheelies like nothing. Thats the kind of power they have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nSyZA8 ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:37 pm 
Random Man

They delayed it again, coming this thursday (supposedly).

New trailer. Bikes!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39982.html?type=
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39981.html?type=

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 am 
Random Man

Image (Image made for 9/16/08)
More video of the bikes patch.

Time Lapse
HD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40163.html
SD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40164.html

City Circling
HD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40159.html
SD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40160.html

Online Freeburn (first few challenges)
HD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40140.html
SD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40141.html

Midnight Race
HD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40137.html
SD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40138.html

Quote:
The Bikes Pack Arrives on Thursday

The Bikes Pack hits the streets of Paradise City on Thursday - here's what you can expect in our biggest and most ambitious pack yet!

If you missed our earlier posts, here's what's coming:

* Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.

* 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.

* A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It's fully customisable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it's up to you.)

* Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City

* And if that's not enough, we've got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too

Freeburn is Burnout’s uninterrupted drop-in / drop-out online play. It’s a cool collaborative experience, so it's all about hanging out with your friends, messing around in vehicles while racing, pulling tricks and crashing in a massive open world city.

If 350 fun, co-operative challenges aren’t enough to keep you and your friends occupied, the Bike Pack throws a further 70 to the mix.

These bike-exclusive challenges are split 50:50 between regular challenges and timed, against-the-clock challenges for those that enjoy a little more intensity.

We've got more detail on bikes in our latest video podcast – Crash TV Episode 9. You can see it now on iTunes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:57 pm 
Random Man

Next update coming soon and omg it's going back to the future!

Can't wait to try this car out.

I just noticed that I'm the only one that ever posted in this thread. All you other "gamers" fail.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:08 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Might have to pick this up. Are all those free updates on xbox360 too?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:18 pm 
Random Man

Oh yea, you were looking for recommendations. This is one game you should get! It should be around $20 now $30 is the max. Free downloads for PS3 and Xbox360 (think ffxi expansions but free). I'm not sure how live works though. If you have a gold account you probably don't have to worry. Silver might get the free stuff after gold members (1 week)?

If you like this video, get this game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZ9LDyJc4k

However burnout changed a lot since this review. For one thing you'll be able to restart races instantly soon due to a patch (free). No more running all the way back to the same race to start it again if you lost.

Oh hay download the demo, but consider this. The demo is nothing compared to the full game. I actually didn't like the demo much, but the full game is way better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:41 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Looks pretty good. You play it often? Maybe I'll get it for ps3 if you do. Always nice to play with ffxi peeps :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:24 pm 
Random Man

Nah I didn't play it much online. People were more into unlocking trophies and doing those challenges and I was just in it to race. I just got Motorstorm 2 so that's what I'm hooked on now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 pm 
STFU

ploid gets like pc+50 each topic he has

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:41 pm 
Random Man

Also Manhattan Spirit is going to be in the new update. Modeled after the ghostbusters car.

Also I don't care about post counts. I often edit my posts instead of adding a new post. Sometimes I post from the PS3 or a phone so I can't do much editing on big posts. I'd take a permanent 0 post count any day. It would be pretty cool actually.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:16 pm 
Goblin Smithy

if you can start races whenever now, that's awesome.
the racing effort is what made me stop playing lol :(

the true story of six motherfuckin strangers bein put in a motherfuckin house and have their motherfuckin lives taped

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:55 pm 
Random Man

New update change log. Oh the game will cost $20 in the stores, and on Playstation Network very soon. (Playstation network = you can just download the game like steam for pc. You don't need the disk, and it will include the party pack)

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=384
Quote:
Everything you need to know about our FREE 6th Feb update
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:19:52 GMT

Here are the full details of the FREE pack we're releasing on 6th Feb. Look out for this week's Crash TV. The team are on hand to talk through all these changes.

The release of this free pack co-incides with the release of our first paid-for pack (Burnout Paradise Party Pack), which will also be available on the 5th from our sparkling new in-game store.

But, if you’re not ready to splash the cash just yet, here’s the definitive list of everything that’s just been added to the game for FREE.

We can’t resist improving Burnout Paradise.

In-Game Store

The first change you'll notice (if you're on Playstation 3 or PC) is that we're now using in-game browser to bring something we're calling the Criterion Games Network. More on this next week!

The next major addition is our in-game store. You'll be able to easily buy new content, like the Party Pack, without leaving the comfort of Burnout Paradise. Just head for either the Main Menu or the Easydrive Menu. We'll add the Legendary Cars, Boost Specials, Toy Cars, Island and more (!), as they become available.

Vehicle dynamics

The vehicle handling has undergone it's most substantial overhaul since Burnout Paradise was first released. We’ve tweaked the handling on the first available cars, like the Hunter Cavalry, to make the game easier and more accessible.

Hunter Cavalry

These cars are now slower, harder to crash and less likely to spin out at low speeds. This’ll help any newcomers get into the game, but it also delivers greater variety between the early cars to the faster, more challenging later ones.

Burnout Paradise – easy to play but hard to master!

We’ve changed the way we display the performance of the cars in the junkyard. You can now easily compare cars and see that with the rebalanced handling, they’re more varied across the whole range. Again, we’re aiming for a more fun and accessible experience. And on the subject of the junkyard, you can now filter what you see there. Pick between cars or bikes and when our Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials arrive in the near future they’ll also be easier to pick out.

Junkyard Stats Display

Stunt Run

Fans of Stunt Run will now appreciate that the countdown timer now starts to count down more slowly. If you’ve never played before, it’ll be easier to pick up. For experts, it’ll counts down faster depending on how many multipliers you’ve earned.

It’s just one of a stack of minor changes designed to rebalance and tweak the game for your enjoyment.

Events Rebalanced

Burnout Paradise Events

We’ve modified the difficulty of all events. The speeds of the rival cars and Burning Route times have been changed to accommodate new car speeds.

Road Rage

We’ve changed the way the timer works in Road Rage– you no longer get time added when you’ve hit the target number of cars. This means the game has a clearer end point and restricts crazy scores to later Road Rages, making it more challenging for experts – see if you can reach 100+ now! It’s been streamlined.

Visuals

Paradise City is filled with a whole world of objects waiting to be discovered. We wanted to make it a little easier to spot them, so we’ve modified the colours of the Billboards (red) and Smashes (yellow) and Super Jumps (blue). They also now pulse for added visibility.

We’ve also overhauled the lighting to bring you more vibrant visuals. We wanted to make it easier to see at night and give everything a more vibrant feel with brighter, more saturated Burnout color.

Restart

You ask – we deliver. Restart is in! You can now quit or fail an event and choose to restart it.

You’ll be transferred to the start location ready for action. We’ve always enjoyed the feeling of freedom that Paradise City’s open world delivers, but we appreciate that as you run low on events towards the end of the game, you can spend a little too long in transit.

Barrel Rolls

And last but not least, we’ve transformed the way barrel rolls work in Burnout Paradise. Hit a split-ramp and barrel rolls now automatically right themselves. It means new players can pull off flash moves immediately, but nothing changes for all you experts out there. You can still risk multiple rolls by pushing the right stick in the direction of the roll.

That's all folks!

To get this FREE update, just play take Burnout Paradise online anytime on or after 6th February.

This update does not include the Party Pack, which is our first ever paid-for content - a premium pack that turns Burnout Paradise into a fun party game for when you've got your friends round and you all want to play on the same TV. Party will also be available on 5th February.

Click through for more details on Party and Ultimate.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:16 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

This would all be really nice if the game wasnt hella boring.

Burnout 3 > Jesus > Stuff > Dirt > Burnout Paradise

Its just sooooooo boring ._.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:39 pm 
Random Man

I like the takedown events, the event where the black cars try to kill you before you make it to a destination, and the racing events. Stunts, and road rage are lame to me. The game is fun when I focus on those events I like, and it was a lot of stupid fun playing with friends doing random stuff (taking turns trying to do a trick parallel park, jumping on some building, and other stupid stuff). I really can't stand the stunt events. Stunts on 4 wheels are lame, and bikes too. Snowboards onry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:45 pm 
Galkan Sausage

i have this game, burnout used to be amazing... im kinda disappointed with this one :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:05 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

never liked burnout.

was a fanboy of the NFS series.

undercover was pwn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:18 am 
Random Man

You guys should look at the new burnout patch. It got a graphics tweak. Things look better, and the cars handle different. It's like they changed everything about the game. Will take some pics brb.

Doing this made me wish burnout paradise had a screen shot feature.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 pm 
LORD HELMET

Does it exist for PC? D:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm 
Random Man

Yep, just released. Not sure how much it cost, but it can't be more than the console versions which cost $20, new, and on psn (download version). Games that cost $20 aren't usually this good. The restart after you lost, or during a race/event that you may be failing in is so quick. Like 4 seconds, it makes the game so much better. The roaming around is just to find hidden things, bonus stuff, online fun, and new events now. This game is great to me. Lutia said before that he didn't like racing games, Sera need to try out the new tweaks, and suka need to realize that NFS died after NFS2 hot pursuit released (it's peak). The game pwns.

"System Requirements:

Required: Internet Connection
Operating System: Windows XP [SP2] / Vista
Processor: XP: 2.8Ghz or faster. Vista: 3.2Ghz or Faster
Memory: XP: 1GB Ram Vista 1.5GB Ram
Hard Drive: 4GB
DVD Drive: 8 Speed
Video Card: 128mb with Pixel Shader 3.0
Soundcard: Direct X 9.0c Compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer 512kbs or Faster (2 – 8 Players)
Input: Keyboard/Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

Supported chipsets:

Nvida Geforce 6600 series or better
ATI Radeon X1300 or better

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor/Multiple Cores
2GB Ram
256 MB Video Card.
Surround Gaming Across three monitors supported via the Matrox TribleHead2Go"

There is a demo for the PC version. You can play it online as well. It's pretty limited though, being the demo that it is.