It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:32 am 
Random Man

With this game I think (It had me at 2D). The art and style is so friggin awesome. PS2 is winning this gen. Never imagined ps2 to top PSX by so much (in awesomeness, sales, and being a legend) when PS2 first came out. I hope more companies do 2d stuff.

Official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-V3Uw1b3U
English Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaOwyYZe7w8&NR=1 (different editing and scenes) Better quality http://www.atlus.com/odinsphere/archive ... sphere.mpg

More videos 4
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/ ... tm?CS_pid={81EA3417-24DC-45C4-A17A-A66711F5EC36}
Video 1 Gameplay
Video 2 Boss Battle(Great SPOILER)
Video 3 Cooking system
Video 4 Gameplay

This unofficial successor to the Sega Saturn 2D sidescrolling action RPG Princess Crown is directed by the original director of Princess Crown, Jouji Kamitani, and features Hitoshi Sakimoto as the sound director and composer. The game features a total of 5 playable characters each with their own storylines and unique abilities. Like the original the entire game is played in a sidescrolling 2D fashion, but now with higher resolution and better graphics than ever before.

The game system is said to be heavily item based with each item comparable to a card in a card game, with its own unique properties. By mastering the use of items and skills players will be able to defeat enemies and win battles without being forced to rely on reflexes like a normal action game.

Odin Sphere Key Features:

• Gorgeous hand-drawn artwork and animations!

• Intense side-scrolling action with astonishing attacks and magic effects!

• Fully-voiced dialogue that heightens the drama!

• Fantastic bosses that tower over the protagonists!

• Five playable characters in all; each one’s fate is intertwined with the others’!

• A robust cooking and alchemy system that can be used to create powerful attack and recovery items!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:56 am 
Random Man

Want to mention this reminds me of Star Ocean 2 without heading back to PC to edit. It cuts off my text due to limited box space on this small browser app. Star ocean 2 was 2d, had multiple characters, with different story archs and cooking! (cooking synths and skill up as one of the skills).

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:52 am 
Pixie

Ploid wrote:
Want to mention this reminds me of Star Ocean 2 without heading back to PC to edit. It cuts off my text due to limited box space on this small browser app. Star ocean 2 was 2d, had multiple characters, with different story archs and cooking! (cooking synths and skill up as one of the skills).

A) Star Ocean: The Second Story, is still one of my absoulute favorite RPG's of all time. I was so into it I got like 50-some of the 80+ endings, most similar, but some are way out there.

B) I just added this game to my gamefly list. It looks amazing! Thanks for showing me the light! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:27 am 
Random Man

Yea, SO2 was like my second RPG, first being FF7. And yea, I also played through it a lot to pick up new characters, and the different endings. It was such a awesome game, made me think FF7 was a joke. Going in dungeons was actually scary, I got some skill in some trait and was able to send a bird out to buy supplies. Little things like that hooked me. Did you try to kill Dias in that tournament? I thought I was too weak so grinded outside the city and I still hit him for 0. Good times.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:39 am 
Cock atrice

Oshi, Ploid had an actual thread that made sense AND it was decent!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:27 am 
Random Man

I dinged level 70thread starter on that World of Starcraft thread. Got coherency IV as one of my new traits.

Also it looks like anime, and there's a huge anime thread here. Might appeal to them more than my past threads. Oh and the fact that FFXI is a rpg, and game. For my alchemy brothers, the last bullet point will appeal to them. (powa safer, and scor*you can't quit alchemy until it quits you).
• A robust cooking and alchemy system that can be used to create powerful attack and recovery items!

I screwed up on the code in that last pic before. Fixed and reposted here in case it get passed over by people that seen first post already.