It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:00 am 
Random Man

Are those small palm sized HD" cameras really HD? They claim to be 1080p and such but with all of the tricks and such in the electronic market I'm not sure if there's some some trick to them being able to use the HD tag (dvd drives using the bits instead of bytes type of thing). Maybe the camera is 1080p but the lens cause it to look like a upscaled dvd.

Ok I saw a great standard digital camcorder, but was interested in getting a HD camcorder. I want them to be pretty small and at a good price. Small so I can carry them around and not have to worry about how much they weigh, HD because it's pretty much going to be standard in as time goes on (Standard def tv looks ugly to me, and dvd quality upscaled also tend to annoy me after being fed HD content and movies).

For some reason I remember hearing that the HD camcorders aren't really HD. That or something bad about their quality even though they say 720p and 1080p. I'm not looking to get the most decked out HD camera though. I just want it to look like HD if it says it.

For standard def cameras I was looking at the Sony Handycam DCR-SR series (I figured that the lower the number after SR the more recent and better the camera is). This line has a HD model but it's very expensive, and I'm not that serious about it.

For HD I was looking at cameras like.

I mean looking at that lens vs the standard def sony one and it seems odd that this one could be a better quality. I tried finding out from google if palm sized camcorders like this were actually worth having the HD bullet point. No luck so far. All I get is substandard youtube videos, and vimeo vids that don't really look like HD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
HD big lens expensive cam. $899

Real HD camera?

Toy HD wannabe camera? (Takes pictures that's on the same level as standard camera phones. What's up with a HD camera that can't take HD pictures?. Digital Zoom, etc.)

Standard def, great features, and great price camera. (40x optical zoom, 30gb HDD with drop protection, some kind of lens I forgot the name of that is that is very good, etc etc that put the small toy HD cam to shame.

Edit: here is another HD (720p max though) that looks good with a big lens, but the name brand seems weird and unknown to me.

Sorry about how unorganized this post is. I'm kinda rushing. The last HDcam I showed looks nice though the name brand seem off. I like the black and silver look, with red in there. Also sorry for posting all these tech questions. None of my friends know about this kinda stuff either. Why did techtv have to die!

Edit2: ok vid of the speed HD-7Z
http://www.vimeo.com/1068402?pg=embed&sec=1068402
This one don't have image stabilization just like the small lens HD camera. The image looks better than the small HD lens cam. I guess it's because of the lens size. This is HD, but capped at 720p, and only support 8gigs of storage (what the cwap).

More:
http://www.vimeo.com/728983

List of videos from this camera.
http://www.vimeo.com/furkidsinhk/videos

Ok I guess they are HD. I just have to pick a good one. (Deletes the 40x optical zoom, 30gig HDD, so nice feature set SD camera from list). Man I hate shopping.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:37 am 
Random Man

Ok got my new digital HD camera. Anyone interested in seeing my Wiiwii? lolz

Going to try to get some Little Big Planet, Wipeout HD, etc footage for testing the camera and tv thing. Although this is not why I got the camera. Putting personal videos on the internet is the last thing I want to do. And I make sure not to screw up anyone other than myself is uploaded to the web (although I never found out how to protect dvds from being copied). As you can tell I'm very paranoid of the internet, and all of it's hackers/identity thieves/blackmailers.

Got a Guitar too (lolblack dude with a guitar).

Also I didn't make that fafnir stage because no one from FFXI is playing LBP on my friends list. Oh that reminds me to add Sacan to that list. It's like all of my social LS members are on it now hah. Hope they all get LBP.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:56 am 
Black Thumb

ya

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:39 am 
Random Man

How can I resist a mithra.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2wdmxjl.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 am 
Black Thumb

You may not.