It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:00 am 
Random Man

I found something out today that shocked me and hit me pretty hard. I can't bring myself to believe it really. If I was suka I'd already be dead by now. So when were you planning on telling me? Were yo going to keep going on leaving me clueless? Were you laughing at me as I continued oblivious to the fact? I'm disappointed in you man. I thought we were cool. All you had to do was tell me, "Oh dawg, I forgot. When you hit iron sights there is a auto aim that puts you over the nearest foe". While I think it's lame, it would have been good to know.

Just saying... (Checking for spelling errors later. I cant think right now)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:46 am 
Sex in a Cup

wot?

Oren Ishii? idgi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:26 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

M fkn G wrote:
wot? m fkn g is awesome? ya d@s tru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:46 am 
Random Man

Stinking google didn't correct me. But lets stick to the issue at hand. There is possible drama of the ninja'd Defending Ring nature. I need to get to a pc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:49 am 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Wait, what's going on?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:49 am 
lolmithrapld

no fricken idea, i clearly needs more caffiene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm 
Random Man

Ok I'll explain now since I'm at a PC and can type it out easier.

I was calling vedder out, and figured I'd have some fun with it making it look like it's drama. If it was true it would have been drama for me, but not serious. More of a haha oh I forgot to tell you. Anyway this is how it begain.

Wollan wrote:
In COD4, when you click to aim with ironsights it will auto-aim to the nearest enemy within a pretty wide reticule.

CHYME wrote:
...that's even worse than the PC version.

Grayman wrote:
sometimes I am ashamed to allow a console in my house.

Ploid wrote:
COD4 has auto aim? That explains a lot if true. I notice people going in and out of iron sights as if they are tapping the button (to see if it target something?). Mind blown.

Tideas wrote:
you...didnt know? it auto-aim kinda well,

Ploid wrote:
Thats pretty lame then. I'm level 40 something. Guess I'll knock out the rest on auto pilot tapping. Who needs red dot anyway, hello ACOG.

andydumi wrote:
I didnt know either, so long COD4.

DKo5 wrote:
I don't know where this comes from - but that does not exist in COD4 MP. Its only in single player. The only thing we do is a slight "sticky" aim, much like Halo (although to a much lower degree), where when you are NOT in ADS and if you move your crosshair over an enemy it will barely slow down on them to reduce the amount of "oversteer" in your aiming. Its so slight that most people won't notice it at all.

Again, there is no auto-aim in COD4 MP on the consoles.

Long story short. A COD4 developer cleared things up. There is auto aim in single player.

Byakuya769 wrote:
Hey I came in here to discuss COD4... is this the official thread? (It's not, Byakuya was being a prick. Killzone2 new trailer thread)

::watches video:: ........

there really are no words, that was intense as fuck. Cannot wait!

Wollan wrote:
I'm pretty sure I have had moments in COD4 MP where I pull up the scope as a enemy runs out of aims with my aim actually tracking that target.

This is also true for Halo 2/3 as you will find your aim actually jumping along with a opponent from time to time. People have even complained it locks on too much to near opponents making players unable to rip away their aim to take down an enemy in the distance.

See isn't it less fun when everything is explained, and there is 100% less sensational text thrown around?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:45 pm 
lolmithrapld

back to my coffee.................

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:46 pm 
Random Man

Shoot man, even after the dev said his part people are still chiming in that there is auto aim in MP. I don't know what to believe now. I should play the game again someday.

kevm3 wrote:
I love the pacing of the game. It seems like you can play fast and furious or slow and methodical just like in COD4. I hope the 8 maps allow for different settings, like daytime, stormy weather, etc. It'll make the 8 seem like a lot more. And hopefully they are scaled maps like in Resistance, where the more players, the more areas of the map you canplay in.

In regards to COD4's 'sticky aim' in multiplayer, I really wish you could turn it off. It's extremely annoying to try tostrate and spray across, but being unable to because your gun is locked onto some target and the game starts rotating your character. Also, if you're lagging, the game will rotate you to the spot where the enemy WAS. Anyhow, if autoaim is all you think you need to do well on COD4, you're not playing against good competition.

Tyriac wrote:
back to my coffee.................

mmmm coffee (I needed a excuse to post this. I don't drink coffee).

--------------------------

And forget COD4's autoaim crap. I give up. I guess vedder never noticed it with how subtle it can be from what it sounds like.

cameltoe wrote:
But there is aim assist. If you are ADS at a target at range and an enemy runs past, your sights will start to follow the enemy that just ran past.....its very annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:19 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Idk about cod4. The way I look at it, it seems like a "pretty" game, that's it. idk how people enjoy fps when its not realistic. No backfire.....gay. I would pick rainbow 6 vegas 2 over cod4 anyday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

why the fk am i even mentioned

pc+1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:56 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I didn't read any of that. ;[

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

ItsSeflol wrote:
I didn't read any of that. ;[

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:22 pm 
Random Man

Because it was intended for CoD4 people onry.

No Iticus. omg no, rainbow 6 vegas? :nonono: Well I did love rainbow 6 back in the day when you would plan your missions with way points and peak around every corner. I don't think they are as strategy based as they were in the past. Mainly because the whole pre mission planning is gone. I loved the stealth mission where you had to break into a house and hack into computers and such while the owners were sleep.

COD4 is action, the missions are action + blowing stuff up, and the MP is action + blowing stuff up + air strikes.

But I haven't played the recent rainbow six games. Is Chaves Ding still in it? That guy was da man. And when they die they were dead for good, you have to replace them with recruits :(.

The masked guy is the recruit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:57 am 
Black Thumb

I do notice it Plois. I don't notice it to the point of annoyance but sometimes I feel as if I've gotten the first shot off only to find myself taking a face-first nap in the dirt. I always assume it's because I'm lagging, because I know I'm not slow with firing. I really do hope you get this game, as well as a headset so we can chat it up. Also, let me know whenever you want to play resistance with me, cause I'd be down to play that as well. Same with MGS4.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:15 am 
Random Man

I still have CoD4, CoD5 is almost out, and Resistance 2. I have two head sets, one blue tooth, and one usb. I use headphones at night. You seem to be afk 24/7 in CoD4.

So when we had that 1vs1 resistance match you never heard me say anything? Must have had the mic setup wrong. I called myself taunting you and such. I talk a lot of noise during 1 on 1 competition like madden. Until I get my but kicked enough, then I quiet down.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:39 pm 
Black Thumb

Yeah, we need to have more games like that. Let's jus start our own gaming clan and let only black people like us in. CoD5 is prolly not going to be as good, sadly, because they are ditching the modern warfare aspect of the game in favor of an older one ;< Resistance 2, however, is going to be serious fucking business.

Kill whitey. Huka huka huka.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:16 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

I like model T-M6A

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:26 am 
Random Man

Yorke wrote:
Yeah, we need to have more games like that. Let's jus start our own gaming clan and let only black people like us in. CoD5 is prolly not going to be as good, sadly, because they are ditching the modern warfare aspect of the game in favor of an older one ;< Resistance 2, however, is going to be serious fucking business.

Kill whitey. Huka huka huka.

I don't know man, some black dudes don't know how to behave online. They might get quite annoying with their thug talk, and some never grew up around people that aren't black.

Ta-ta for now

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:36 pm 
Black Thumb

Silly Plois, we use that gangster talk to make people scurred to fight us to begin with. That's why people are scared of talking to me in general^^