It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: square enix music
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Not really sure how to phrase this, but I'll try my best.

I'm looking for the genre of music that sqaure enix uses in a lot of its ff cutscenes. It's. a really smooth piano type shit with mellow, melodic singing in the back, usually in japanese.

The only example I can think of is some of the music from kingdom hearts. Although that particular song is in english, it sounds vagely familiar to what I'm looking for. Oh, and cutscenes from ff10 I think it is?

I wish I could give more detail or even another example, but I've only recently heard it. Lil' bro plays ff a lot and he's been sleeping over past 3 weeks. So I'm kinda into it.

Edit: he mentioned sonmething to the effect of utda hikaru? Am I on the right track?

Post subject: Re: square enix music
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:23 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

The main piano piece in X is called Return to Zanarkand. Apart from tht o.O

I think u can actually buy an OST of FF music on the piano. Ask Aemo he knows more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:28 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Ya, I'm like completely clueless as how to describe it lol. First time I've really heard it so kinda confused on how to really explain it. I only listen to soul/neo soul music: ray charles, ella fitzgerald, maxwell, stuff like that, but when I heard this jap stuff it kinda amazed me how tranquil(sp) it sounded

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Nobuo Uematsu is THE MAN, THE GOD, THE LEGEND that wrote all Final Fantasy music up until FF9 (to this point he was responsible for writing EVERY single piece of music in these 9 games). He did -some- music on FF10 (mainly the theme, To Zanarkand which Ora has already mentioned), he created the original soundtrack to FF11, and the CoP End Cutscene Song (the only one with Lyrics). The theme for FF12 and the Concert songs for FF10-2. All game music after FF9 is made by various other people other than the ones stated above.

Utada Hikaru has 2 songs on Kingdon Hearts 2, though they were not made specifically for KH2, and they are the Theme and some other cutscene music (that was rearranged into an orchestral version for the game).

HOWEVER, I had a rifle through my FF Sheet music collection (I got the FF9, FF10 and FF11 all on Scoresheet in bound books :>) and I believe the song that is closest to what you are after is... Suteki Da Ne. The sound on this video isn't the best, but it is the best performance you'll find of this game outside of the guys who actually did it. MMLeung is a musical genius of the Game Music kind.

If this is it, wooo. If it isn't, sorry. :< But other than more to follow on, I can't pinpoint what you are after. Also, I'm not that up on KH Music.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

I'll see if I can get some of his music and I'll get back to you on what I think. Thanks a lot though, both of you

Scor, oif you see this, there was a lady in matrix that used to listen to the exact type of music I'm thinking of. I think its aeisha. I remeber she looked hawiian in her pic. Or was it that white girl clave talked to a lot who did cosplay shit and could draw? Idk.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:35 pm 
Goblin Smithy

I would guess the genre of music would be new age classical?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 pm 
Eden Alumni

First of all, Titicus, Aiesha still plays, and is a dood. I think you're talking about either Amako or Reisha (my WIFE!), but iono, it could be either one. :o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:37 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Well, I was close, sorta.... It was indeed one of them. Do they still play? Maybe when I can play again in sep I can send 'em a tell. Btw I'll take titicus over cliticus anyday. Much respect.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:14 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

that's all ;D

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0