It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:09 pm 
Lost Gaiters

Dobbs for president.

I couldn't be more disinterested in who the general idiotic public votes for to lead them through the next four years, mostly because whoever is eventually donned the winner will just be highly scrutinized by any and every person that listens to any part of news media. We should really just drop the age limit on voting and impose an IQ limit.

You must be 18 or older to vote. -> You must be have an IQ of 90 or better to vote.

Knowing this country, fucking Hilary will be our next president. She's far less fun than Bill, I bet she won't even fuck her secretary. :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:27 pm 
Norwegian Bombshell

oshi, new VP candidate announced

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:54 am 
Brutal Sheep

swieter wrote:
Finally rememberd to make a post on who we think our new president is. Also discuss it a bit. Oh, taking bets as well. We will pool the money and the people who voted for right person will split the pooled money.

100k on McCain

btw if you dont know, Obamas full name is Barack Hussein Obama..... HUSSEIN wtf. Wont say the pledge of allegiance, his wife was never patriotic til her husband ran for president, and he has no real experience.

Let the debating proceed!

Come on, I always thought you didn't think quite like this...must be all that silly Alaskan Republican propaganda ;)

McCain has no bright future for this country. Period. He's as big a neocon as Bush was (100 more years in Iraq? Is it even practical to remain in there for 2 more years?), has NO visible plan for helping the poor, thinks socialized healthcare is a joke, and has officially repealed his ideals in favor of appearing conservative to his allies so they'll support him. He's a fraud and I personally don't want the guy in charge of the country to be a fraud, I'll take the guy with the middle name Hussein (or shit, I'll take Hilary just as quickly). Just leave me out of the whole McCain bandwagon...if you can call it that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 pm 
Cock atrice

OBAMA FOR PREZ, FREE FRIED CHICKEN FOR ALL!

I do think he will win, though.

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 am 
Goblin Smithy

Alright, um.... what are the democrats doing still fighting over position when elections are getting very close? If you are all still up for this bet, send your bets to swieter. I shall hold til after elections. The pot of money shall be split among the people who guessed right. The split will be determined by the amount of gil bet, and that bet figured into the percentage of the bet on that candidate. Hope that made sense. So if you bet for person A, and bet 100k. Someone else bets for person A, and bets 900k. Person A wins, you would get 10% of the total pot, and that other person would get 90% of the pot. Hope that helps. Anyway, send the money to swieter. I will post who has paid how much and make sure you post who you betting on and how much. As fund come in I shall post how much is in the Betting pool.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Obama just looks so much cooler.

Hilary is a bigger target than Jordan's breasts.

And that McCain guy looks like every girl-under-6s Paedophilic grandfather.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:36 pm 
Eden Alumni

lolbritishqueen :D

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:48 am 
Tunnel Worm

really wish this was "who I believe deserves to win," not "who is most electable." Think it will probably go McKain (McCain), though Obama is about the smartest politician to run for a major office in a long time, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:56 am 
Isabella's Mommy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:19 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Enjoy this vid that was sent to me by some company guys I work with.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:55 pm 
Gender Illusionist

That video was retarded Oshi- he wont wear a flag on his front pocket!!!!!!!!! :fear: Love right wing propaganda! :spin:

I'll just point out I'm not some hard core democrat either, \_/ really, but rather have Borack than some 80 year old right wing who wants to stay in Iraq forever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm 
Goblin Smithy

If the flag on the front pocket is the only thing that sticks out to you about the video, I'm sorry. The company one keeps reflects somewhat on that person. I would rather not vote for someone who associates with terrorits/extremists/racists/and people who change their views when it best suits them. He sure does love change, he loves to change when its convenient for him to look good to the american people. Anyway, I would love to see why you want to vote for him. Some reasons would help, and how he plans on all this change. Last time I heard, talk is cheap. Its easy to say your going to do something, but at least back it up with how! I would love to see some of the things he says he is going to do, but where is the explanation on how he plans on carrying it all out. I hope he does the town hall meetings with mccain because he will get torn up when people challenge him on his policies and where he stands.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:47 pm 
Gender Illusionist

I just pointed it out as one of the things that don't matter AT ALL, but was "important" enough for them to put it in that video. As far as "associating" with terrorists and co., I don't see what's wrong with it if you're meeting them to discuss plans for peace and halt of conflict. I'd prefer that to another 100 years in Iraq like McCain mentioned. There's a reason Bush has a 30% approval rate, and McCain has the same neoconservative mindset about the war. I also find it funny that you brought up racism, with the little Kenedy "Osama" clip, and one of the main starting points in the video was the fact that he had a black muslim dad, and a white mom.

And dude no offense, but you made a comment like this:

Quote:
btw if you dont know, Obamas full name is Barack Hussein Obama..... HUSSEIN wtf. Wont say the pledge of allegiance, his wife was never patriotic til her husband ran for president, and he has no real experience.

Let the debating proceed!

So I can understand why you agree with this video so much, but this country really needs change, not an older version of Bush v.2

Just my opinion >_>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:34 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

That Video has about as much truth in it as a Michael Moore film.

Probably edited by him too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:12 am 
Random Man

Hi :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:34 am 
President

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:03 am 
Isabella's Mommy

I think Swieter is trying to point out that you have to look past Obama’s talk and look at the people around him and take a look at his actions. The person we elect next is going to be the representative of our country and essentially the face of our nation. We didn’t do so well with picking Bush junior (either time >_>). Does that mean I think McCain is the best choice…haha, no. But of our options I would go for McCain also. Is McCain old, sure but that also means he has more experience and more knowledge on what is going. Regardless of all that McCain isn’t necessarily Bush v.2 Yes they are both republicans but they don’t agree on all policy. Has McCain said we are going to stay in the war –yes. And you know what? He’s right. Obama can say that we are going to pull everyone out of the middle east by the end of the year if he’s elected. Obama can say whatever he wants. But that opinion is NAÏVE. National security wise there is no way we can pull troops out in a year, maybe not even five years. Regardless of who becomes president in the fall they have a loooong road ahead of them. Can they reduce troops, maybe. But pull out of the area completely there is just no way.

As for the video being propaganda … its format is more political satire, a means of getting people to watch it that’s not your typical boring news anchor. I’m sure there is a similar one focused on McCain that has just as much truth (or non truth w/e your opinion is). Videos like these are really just going on beyond what the general news media does. It highlights incidences that were in the media spotlight at some point but have since fallen by the wayside. It will be interesting to see how the news coverage goes now that Clinton is out of the race, and the media can step back from being so focused on the democrats and maybe now there can be some real movement in this race.

I have to agree that in the end I think McCain will win. Yes at the moment it seems that Obama is gonna win and sure it could happen. But the media has been so focused on the fact that a woman and an African American were actual real contenders for the democratic nomination, that media opinion has become skewed, and you really cant tell who is going to win at the moment. Checking popular polls, Obama is in the lead, but by a very narrow margin. McCain has been fighting a silent fight. Honestly if given a real choice I wouldn’t pick either, and if the Democrats really wanted a candidate that wasn’t so controversial and stood a clear chance of winning, they should’ve backed Edwards but that’s a WHOLE other argument.

wanted to include this post from the associated press that kind of breaks down McCain's and Obama's view on the Middle East http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gcJp3kvCE53WR_-iuaFR5XXjMXxQD914PGH02

Last edited by Kariana on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:04 am 
lolmithrapld

show me a politician that talks the truth and i'll show you a liar :fag:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:22 am 
Gender Illusionist

Quote:
McCain: Opposes scheduling a troop withdrawal, saying latest strategy is succeeding. Supported decision to go to war, but was early critic of the manner in which administration prosecuted it. Key proponent of the troop increase. Willing to have permanent U.S. peacekeeping forces in Iraq, similar to long-term military presence in South Korea and Japan.

:|

Honestly though, I'm not a fan of either of the candidates but since we're forced to pick one, what to do :dunno:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:29 am 
Isabella's Mommy

Lolmy wrote:
Quote:
McCain: Opposes scheduling a troop withdrawal, saying latest strategy is succeeding. Supported decision to go to war, but was early critic of the manner in which administration prosecuted it. Key proponent of the troop increase. Willing to have permanent U.S. peacekeeping forces in Iraq, similar to long-term military presence in South Korea and Japan.

:|

Honestly though, I'm not a fan of either of the candidates but since we're forced to pick one, what to do :dunno:

But we keep longterm troops all over the world, it doesnt necessarily mean that we are at war with a specific nation. Thats why we have people that do tours of duty in Japan, Turkey, we have bases all over the world as peace keeping troops.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next