my psn is eginty so add me if there's an issue adding you guys

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

Post subject: Re: Ploid. PS3. Flash
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:39 pm 
Random Man

Yorke wrote:
I'm on my 3rd or 4th prestige, think 4th

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: OMG man, what the crap, what the crap!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm totally addicted to this game now. I'm so slick with my silenced rifle (stopping power / penetration / 3x special grenades (flash bang ftw). I use that rifle that does the 3x burst shots. I call that class "Trickster". Man you'd wipe the floor with me. I got a decked out Noob class with that same rifle but that zoom orange scope. It's darn easy to kill people with that but it give my location away. I like being hidden and I knifed like 200 people lol (exaggeration). Love this game, it's like a MMORPG bwahaha, but very pop get in and go, no 3hr of doing nothing XD. The currency is the exp, rank, and doing certain challenges to get a stack of exp for doing so. Oh I'm level 20, qufim level etc.

Every online game should be like this. The controls are perfect, everything seems perfect. Now I see why Vedder is on this game 24/7. 3rd or 4th prestige? What the crap dude :eyecrazy:

I can't tell of people are cheating. I have been told that a lot of people cheat on this. How do they cheat? 24/7 UAV or something?

Edit: Also this game reminds me so much of socom, just that there is no use in trying to communicate with the team unless you're a clan. Well that pretty much went for socom too. There are no hostages, and the maps are a bit huge compared to the close quarter socom extraction type style. Too bad it gives Tyriac motion sickness.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:39 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

hehe, its an awesome game, it really is.

dinged second prestige last night, just turned my 360 off, I'm rank 13, possibly 14 now. Losing my guns is quite annoying and all, I really miss my P90 and R700, plus claymores/3x grenades, but I'll live I guess :)

How people cheat in 360, not sure about computer, but they have special controlers that let them shoot semi-auto weapons as fast as full auto, sooo guns like G3 and stuff are unstoppable.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:18 am 
Random Man

Oh cool. I can deal with them needing to fire faster to hope one of their bullets hit me. If they need the help so be it. I can deal with the challenge. Just glad it's not something like UAV all the time even if you have that UAV Jammer (I don't even use that). I don't use Martyrdom either. It's lame and easy to avoid. I can see Last stand being useful but that would just delay my respawn. Although I'm thankful for others using those two as they might luck up and break a kill streak and reduce the amount of air support and online UAVs.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 am 
Random Man

Oh cool. I can deal with them needing to fire faster to hope one of their bullets hit me. If they need the help so be it. I can deal with the challenge. Just glad it's not something like UAV all the time even if you have that UAV Jammer (I don't even use that). I don't use Martyrdom either. It's lame and easy to avoid. I can see Last stand being useful but that would just delay my respawn. Although I'm thankful for others using those two as they might luck up and break a kill streak and reduce the amount of air support and online UAVs.

Edit: Oh and vedder, you are correct. PvP blows the single player mode away, just like socom2. I only want to finish single player to unlock that arcade mode. That's what my none gaming friends play. That and split screen vs.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:53 am 
Black Thumb

Ploid wrote:
Yorke wrote:
I'm on my 3rd or 4th prestige, think 4th

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: OMG man, what the crap, what the crap!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm totally addicted to this game now. I'm so slick with my silenced rifle (stopping power / penetration / 3x special grenades (flash bang ftw). I use that rifle that does the 3x burst shots. I call that class "Trickster". Man you'd wipe the floor with me. I got a decked out Noob class with that same rifle but that zoom orange scope. It's darn easy to kill people with that but it give my location away. I like being hidden and I knifed like 200 people lol (exaggeration). Love this game, it's like a MMORPG bwahaha, but very pop get in and go, no 3hr of doing nothing XD. The currency is the exp, rank, and doing certain challenges to get a stack of exp for doing so. Oh I'm level 20, qufim level etc.

Every online game should be like this. The controls are perfect, everything seems perfect. Now I see why Vedder is on this game 24/7. 3rd or 4th prestige? What the crap dude :eyecrazy:

I can't tell of people are cheating. I have been told that a lot of people cheat on this. How do they cheat? 24/7 UAV or something?

Edit: Also this game reminds me so much of socom, just that there is no use in trying to communicate with the team unless you're a clan. Well that pretty much went for socom too. There are no hostages, and the maps are a bit huge compared to the close quarter socom extraction type style. Too bad it gives Tyriac motion sickness.

I swear to God some people cheat on CoD4, though this is the first time I've ever talked with anyone else about it. I'm really not sure how you could do it to be honest, but I swear that sometimes I'll be running around a corner and there will be a guy there waiting for me when he has no business whatsoever being there at all. My RL friend is on his 6th prestige, but I think I'm better than he is based on kill/death ratio. He's still really really good, and we fuck up most people we play with pretty much anytime we're on together. You should join clan [716] Plois, there's only 3 of us (all RL friends, but you're welcome regardless).

My gun of choice is also the M16A4 (three-shot burst) with the red-dot, which basically makes it a sniper rifle with 3shots. I use the 3x frag, stopping power, martyrdom setup for my "normal" setup which is 100% situational. If I'm on a map like Vacant or Wetworks, I almost always use the AK47. That gun fucks people up like no tomorrow, albeit at the expense of some accuracy (which is why I use the 3-shot to begin with). Custom 2 is a sniper setup, with the first green sniper rifle since I like it better than all the others. Custom 3 is my normal AK-47 setup. Custom 4 is my AK-44u or whatever the SMG is 2nd from the bottom. All of these have red-dots except my sniper, and I don't use the ACOG scope for sniping because I feel like it makes me horribly inaccurate. My custom 5 slot is something that I think everyone should have. I call it my "ghost" setup. AK-47 silenced, 3x frag (or special, I sometimes change this one around a bit), UAV jammer, martyrdom (again, I change Last Stand in because people won't be able to see where you are with no UAV so you can hold out on your respawn and take the chance to get 10 extra points for a 187).

There is no other FPS game I've ever played that keeps the action so intense at all times. No other game has the suspense of watching someone pop out from behind corners and stuff. No other game makes me so fucking mad when I lose, because it's so easy to kill people but it's also easy to be killed. I've said from day 1 that I got my ps3 (long before I had it setup for the internet) that UT: Arena was the best FPS I've ever played, and that was when I used to play on my desktop pc with mouse and arrow keys. This might have it beaten. So much action, such brilliant maps (Creek is my favorite new one, sniping is meh, but you can rack up insane kill counts if you're good enough with an assault rifle of some sort from some distance). If you've never played FPS before (I do religiously, I consider myself to be pretty good too), this would start you off at the top. It takes a while to get used to the way everything works, since every gun has its situational uses, and furthermore, everyone plays the game differently. There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to use different guns, but different people are better with different stuff (i.e. I never use a shotgun, but some people I see using them are absolutely dominant).

You should rly get this game if you haven't already. Its price hasn't dropped because it has some of the most intense replay value (even after you get the final prestige, I'm sure, for ladder rankings). Definitely one of the best PS3 games I've played to date, and I definitely won't be putting it down anytime soon.

EDIT: Skipped over Mrdude's post, prolly shouldn't have. Those turbo controllers would really make the game hax, if you can get over the hump of using an aftermarket controller to begin with. The G3 at automatic speed would be absolutely ridiculous. That thing is strong like bull and doesn't miss if your aim is right. I would have a hard time calling it cheating regardless, even though that does make the game pretty broken with guns like that.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:39 am 
Random Man

Man after reading vedder's post I'm intimidated. I got a loooot of practice to even consider wearing that clan tag if you guys are that buff. It's like I'm wearing republican subligar and you guys are sporting dual realic weapons. I didn't plan on going the prestige route but I'm now caught up in the e-peen race. Good thing this game is ace.

Ora if you like competive fps, like it seems you do, this game is hard to top. If Team Fort 2 had 60fps, thousands online still, and the online lobby/party system/invite buddy system TF2 would be close behind. The exp system just makes it that much better. It the crack factor of CoD4 that hooks you. It's always, "just one more game" for me.

If Infinity Ward made CoD5 subscription fee based and somehow aborted Cod4 allowing cheating, I bet a lot of people would pony up.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:48 am 

The g3 is fucking sick on hardcore team death match, crazy accurate, and one shot kills.

My "Gun of choice" changes a lot depending on the map/game type and even sometimes the play styles of other people in the match. If I had to pick one end all be all gun, it would be the P90 with fragx3, double tap and steady aim, I do good with it in just about every game. Crazy fire speed, many bullets to a round, and powerful, but is very meh at long range. I'm horrible with the M16 though, I tried it a bit and always suck with it.

Lately, though, I've been loving sniping, doing it on just about every single match except hardcore team death matches (G3 is amazing), and on very small levels.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:01 am 
Black Thumb

Ploid wrote:
Man after reading vedder's post I'm intimidated. I got a loooot of practice to even consider wearing that clan tag if you guys are that buff. It's like I'm wearing republican subligar and you guys are sporting dual realic weapons. I didn't plan on going the prestige route but I'm now caught up in the e-peen race. Good thing this game is ace.

Ora if you like competive fps, like it seems you do, this game is hard to top. If Team Fort 2 had 60fps, thousands online still, and the online lobby/party system/invite buddy system TF2 would be close behind. The exp system just makes it that much better. It the crack factor of CoD4 that hooks you. It's always, "just one more game" for me.

If Infinity Ward made CoD5 subscription fee based and somehow aborted Cod4 allowing cheating, I bet a lot of people would pony up.

dude, lol, this other dude I know from like kindergarten plays 24/7. He's like ranked 1500 in kills and stuff. You have to watch him play some time. He's on my flist so I can arrange it easily.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:06 am 
Black Thumb

oyeah, get the new maps if you get this too

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I don't know what any of you are talking about because I have no intention to read any of it but Devil May Cry 4 is pretty sick.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 am 
Random Man

Vd I accepted your invite after we got kicked out of that last match. It was hung up for like 5 mins. I exited out and accepted your other one but it was too late. So I invited you to kinda show that I didn't try to bail out, because playing with you attract other uber insane level people. Nothing like that. I just started playing again because I suck at waiting.

That first match it was like I had a target on my back. Then the darn silo map.

About the map pack, how many maps are in it, are they good (guessing yes since you expected me to have it on a game I'm borrowing lol).

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:11 pm 

yeah they're good, I like all of them, kill house is damn fun on team tactical though.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:06 pm 
Black Thumb

lol, I wouldn't expect you to have them yet :/

rly though, the other 3 are good. I love creek. Really fun to snipe there if you're decent at it, you can take shots across the entire map. Sniping is where it's at on Bog for me from now on. I'm fkn unstoppable.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 pm 
Random Man

I now has claymores. ding

Got my red scope on the SMG that I like now, although I prefer the 3 burst assault rifle still. The recoil on the smg makes using the scope a bit difficult.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:47 pm 
Black Thumb

3 shot burst is a terror from range. I fkn love the thing. Close quarters I use the AK, P90, or AK47u. Always red-dot yo. Keeps your shots in range better than the acog and shit.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:48 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Hmmm. Looks like I will have to get CoD4 then

Also.... Vedder.... ufail. You just sent me and Up msgs. LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:37 pm 

When I first got the game I was actually using the acog on mp5, which must be the most retarded thing ever, but at the time it worked for me, no clue how, but it did.

acog on m4 can work decent in really long levels too

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:00 am 
Black Thumb

o, my bad, will add you again soonish

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:54 am 
Black Thumb

get a headset dawg