It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:15 am 
Pixie

Hey Eden.

I dont exactly know where to start or what the outcome of this post will be but i do feel i need to let someone else than Oraphin know how i feel.

I have been with the LS a while now yet why do i still feel like an outcast in it?
My timezone being GMT and work during weekdays prevents me from attending all the events that gets scheduled in our shell and i take it that might be one factor. Currently it seems like all i can attend is friday Sky events (at the expence of going to bed at 4am), saturday Sea events and HNMs during midweek when i am on.

I know perhaps i dont talk to much in the LS but its simply because mostly i get ignored if i do talk so i stopped trying. By nature i am shy and being ignored or not answered makes me feel really awkward. I have talked to a few of you now and again but i dont feel as if there is one person who would come help me with something if i were to ask. Might be false you all might come help, but i dont have the confidence to even ask a simple thing like that simply because i feel so distant from the other members in the shell.

I dont really want to leave the shell because i think it is one of the more successful LSs i have been in, but at the same time i dont feel as if i will ever move ahead in it. My low attendance to events ( even though for me its almost all my time online ) makes it that even new members will soon move above me to come in contention for an item. Out of the Linkshells viewpoint and what i have read i understand that a job attending 100% of events new or old benifits the LS more with a new item. Just surely i have some sort of meaning to the events i do join, or the LS. Right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:00 am 
lolmithrapld

Hey Misty, I know how hard it is trying to stay for all events especially with GMT timezone its just the weirdo's like Aemo n Ora who know what 3am looks like on an almost permanent basis LOL. I do try to say hai to everyone that pops on, but sometimes i miss the odd one zoning or distractions from the kids [note for sky peeps - i am always here but appear to be afk if my kids need me more Wink that and the fact when we do sky its nearer midnight for me and after a day of busting a gut trying to level LOLMITHRAPLD im getting kinda sleepy! use a call i'm normally right here just face turned from whats goin on]
If you see i'm online in shell then i'm 95% gonna be here and prob just zoned or something when you've come on ls feel free to /tell me for a chat [that goes for anyone]
Other than that as we all well know if you wanna make everyone go quiet for 5-10 minutes ask for help, doesn't matter with what, quest, mission anything [Help me Out!] will always result in a period of time where EVERYONE goes quiet Laughing

I tend to stay up till the end of events during friday and saturday and school holidays [if i dont fal asleep], but have started logging around midnight our time as the lack of sleep from late nights while kids were on spring holiday have caught up. However I do spend alot of time on game due to the fact i don't work, although summer is coming and i have loads to do in garden / house so will probably be around a little less as the weather warms up some Smile

Anyways *huggles teh Mistyca and gives her a kewkie* See joo in game

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:33 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Tyriac wrote:
weirdo's like Aemo n Ora who know what 3am looks like on an almost permanent basis LOL.

FUCK YOU SALVAGE!

FUCK YOU!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:37 pm 
Goblin Smithy

/comfort Sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:57 pm 
Goblin Smithy

awee misty ;; don't worry about it too much, if you can't come to an event don't cha worry about it. Do what comes first. Very Happy I am one of those who can't attend events much =[ so I know how you feel. But don't think anything bad about it ^^! Very Happy We loveee youu! ^.^! *grabs bat* >.> and who doesn't... <.< >.> is lame! and will get a wacking XD! =[ but I'm sorry tho you feel a bit outa place in the linkshell ;; however I want you to know I definetly wouldn't want you to go! ^^ I think your a great person and you have great qualities too you. Very Happy Come when you can and thats good enough for everyone i think. As all leaders have told me "irl > all" ^^! But.. >.> *looks at linkshell* ;;!! Stop being bums tho ;; and say hi to our new people >O! They are one of us =/ and should be treated as one of us ;;!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:08 pm 
Brutal Sheep

Hey there,
I see you on sometimes but I too have a very difficult schedule. I am PST and on late at night mostly because I work so much.

Shoto and I don't talk much on the LS as well. Mostly we are off doing our own thing, which is generally farming because Shoto is such a slave driver and I am just a rice-picker in his fields... lol ... Anyway if you ever see us on but we aren't talking and you want to talk or if you need help with something, we are glad to help.

I think sometimes new people may look at a few of us (shoto, mae, tetrabond and me) and they see us doing a lot of things together and maybe we don't talk much on the LS so they think we are off in some clique and not open to new people. That impression is very unfortunate and not the one any of us intends to give.

So send me a tell or say hi to Shoto or I will say hi when I am on. But seriously if you need help with something and feel self conscious asking for it in the vacuum of LS chat, just send one of us a tell. I am certain we can help out. We like little projects lol.

On drops, yeah, a new member who comes to the LS and goes to all events when you can't will eventually be moved in front of you for a piece of gear. That is unfortunate, however, if you come to events and contribute and help out the LS, your contribution is certainly noticed. Being someone whose schedule doesn't quite mesh with the largely EST nature of the LS, there are some things you can do to help out in your spare time if you want (you would need to have a job capable of these things or find a buddy to go with you):
Farm grah chips in sea
Farm HQ aern organs in sea
Farm HQ Euvhi organs in sea (although i think aemora stockpiled us)
Farm diorites in sky
Organize a small group to kill Despot
Get together a small group of friends to do ENMs to try to score Cloud Evokers so the LS can do more ouryus.

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 pm 
Not getting laid by Kreuz

*bewb massage Mistyca* <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:26 pm 
Pixie

Sad

Last edited by Zealvaldur on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:07 pm 
Gender Illusionist

Misty: It's natural to feel unwanted or to feel people don't like you when you ask a question over the LS but, the main reasons people don't answer are because they're busy and need to pay attention to the task at hand, or just don't know the answer and don't say anything at all. Whenever someone asks a question on the LS I try to answer them even with a "idk" if I don't know the answer just because I know how annoying it is (personally) to ask simple questions on the LS and be ignored.

Zeal: Quit trying to steal our members >o

Well actually, we'll trade lolwatkins for 'Shin :<

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:57 am 
Norwegian Bombshell

/comfort mistyca

when i was a nab whm way back i used to be really impressed seeing the mighty lvl75 whm mistyca run past Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 am 
Scorsese's Long Lost Love

I found the best way to fit into Eden is to say nothing for days waiting for the ideal window then say something funny.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:04 pm 
Black Thumb

People ignore me despite my liberal use of the shift key.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:47 pm 
Eden Alumni

To be perfectly honest, if you're ignored, that's normal. Everyone does it. Either they don't the answer to your question, or they're to fkn lazy to answer. Nothing new it's always been this way!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:31 am 
Goblin Smithy

>< you guys missed the point tho it's not about being ignored on questions.. >.> it's about feeling ignored period >.> it'd be like coming on the LS and saying hi.. and maybe only one person says hi back D: just curtious to say hi to someone atleast make them feel welcome ;D if were too lazy to say hi to people.. then wow.. because people aren't too lazy to say hi to some people ;D i guess i look at it from the point of.. i know i wouldn't want people to shun me beacuse I'm new, so I wouldn't want people to shun her or anyone else either ^^ were a team =]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:47 am 
Scorsese's Long Lost Love

I didn't like saying hi to people as it just creates more spam.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:31 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

I don't say "Hi" or "Hello" or "OS'UPEDENPPLRZ????"

I say "Rawr~!", and everyone says Hi when I try to be all scary and bush-tigery, but they greet me with "Hai2uFren" and it makes me die a little inside. :<

See, all you need to be is more like me, and be blunt and in people's faces all the time!

Fucking Wels...

...FUCKING SALVAGE!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:38 pm 
Goblin Smithy

RAWR! is a form of hi to be honest! >O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:41 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Wtf... If you jump someone to rape them, you don't say "Hi!", do you? You sound all mean and nasty, and jump in with "Rawr~!", and the reaction is "OMFG WTF IS DIS RAPE OMFG HALP HALP HALP!!", not "Hai2uFren".

:/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:52 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Aemora wrote:
Wtf... If you jump someone to rape them, you don't say "Hi!", do you? You sound all mean and nasty, and jump in with "Rawr~!", and the reaction is "OMFG WTF IS DIS RAPE OMFG HALP HALP HALP!!", not "Hai2uFren".

...FUCKING SALVAGE!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!

^ Fixed ;D

I dunno.. o.o i think of RAWR! as a form of... Very Happy wel i'm not scared tbh ;D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:03 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

<3 mah misty. U rawk hun. Also if we needs a extra Ninja for something, i can use misty's char. And yes she does have whm but i refuse to play tht to anything important and also I doubt VERY much any1 wud trust as a healer. I kno i don't XD. Tanking is fine tho. I do enuff blink tanking on mnk XD