It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update info.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Ploid wrote:
Oraphin wrote:
Accomplice has saved my ass many times on sam/war lol. And once on sam/thf on Timmy, I hit my TAws but jus as i did the tank moved. It dbl attk for like stoopid much and i got eaten. Some secksy thf saved me but i forget who.

lol thankless job ability strikes again. Mnks with whatever ability it is that does something for the mob's tp gain, I hear ya.

LOL. Nah it is jus my goldfish-esque memory (look there's a castle........ look there's a castle....). I think the MNK thing ur on bout is Penance. -30% to the mobs TP gain on every chi blast, when fully merit'd.

On another note 2378 files O_O :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:59 pm 
Better than Kooyo

about the empress band thing

u can buy any 1 of those rings once per week.. so alot of people will use up a charge, toss their ring and buy a new one, so that during XP when the dedication wears off, you can pop another ring... u can only do this 1 time per week

but like nw said, many people cant xp more than 3 times per week anyways, so this ring is pretty awesome , even if u can only do that trick once..

also scholar updates look really amazing...... SE did alot more than i expected... cant wait to see it in action!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:02 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Safersephx wrote:

u can buy any 1 of those rings once per week.. so alot of people will use up a charge, toss their ring and buy a new one, so that during XP when the dedication wears off, you can pop another ring... u can only do this 1 time per week

but like nw said, many people cant xp more than 3 times per week anyways, so this ring is pretty awesome , even if u can only do that trick once..

also scholar updates look really amazing...... SE did alot more than i expected... cant wait to see it in action!

If you can recharge it once per week that's 6 charges total. Basically it's xping once per day and with a 16 hour cooldown you can only really use it once per day. So even if you can xp a lot during the week you can use this band 6 times in a conquest tally which is full of win

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:08 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Taaz wrote:
Safersephx wrote:

If you can recharge it once per week that's 6 charges total. Basically it's xping once per day and with a 16 hour cooldown you can only really use it once per day. So even if you can xp a lot during the week you can use this band 6 times in a conquest tally which is full of win

Yeah, you technically can use it 6 times if you had a fully charged band going into the conquest week. You just won't be able to use it 6 times every single week (since if you used it 6 times already, you'd have 0 charges or no band going into the following week).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Nightwasp wrote:
Taaz wrote:
Safersephx wrote:

Yeah, you technically can use it 6 times if you had a fully charged band going into the conquest week. You just won't be able to use it 6 times every single week (since if you used it 6 times already, you'd have 0 charges or no band going into the following week).

Your perfect logic angers me :complain:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Quote:

A maximum limit has been placed on the total amount of bonus attack speed that can be gained from a combination of spells, abilities, and items.

:pissed:

Inc no more zerging, and everyone having to rebuild their gear because they put a retarded cap like 30%

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:05 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

Mrdude wrote:
Quote:

A maximum limit has been placed on the total amount of bonus attack speed that can be gained from a combination of spells, abilities, and items.

:pissed:

Inc no more zerging, and everyone having to rebuild their gear because they put a retarded cap like 30%

Gear is 25% atm. Or u mean 30% total? THAT wud be lame!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:07 am 
Random Man

I wonder why they put a self imposed nerf on accomplice with collaborate. Who in their right mind will want to steal 25% enmity from someone? Maybe for tanks that want to lose a bit of hate so the fresh tank can start taking attacks? Another useless job ability slot for thfs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 am 
Crustache

not really

situation: pld + thf/war + war/nin

imagine pld is tanking. now imagine the war/nin drags hate. to help the pld go back to tanking thf uses accomplice. o wait, dead thf caus no shadows

now imagine the same thing, but instead of using accomplice you use the new JA and only drag 25% of the hate (thus pld once again has more hate than war/nin and tanks again, while thf does not have to get smacked around caus he didn't get full hate)

the more you know :fag:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:28 am 
Random Man

Darkwarrior wrote:
not really

imagine pld is tanking. now imagine the war/nin drags hate. to help the pld go back to tanking thf uses accomplice. o wait, dead thf caus no shadows

now imagine the same thing, but instead of using accomplice you use the new JA and only drag 25% of the hate (thus pld once again has more hate than war/nin and tanks again, while thf does not have to get smacked around caus he didn't get full hate)

The thf wouldn't pull hate from only taking 50% enmity from the tank. The pld would still have more hate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:46 am 
Orcish Spamerizer

Oraphin wrote:
Accomplice has saved my ass many times on sam/war lol. And once on sam/thf on Timmy, I hit my TAws but jus as i did the tank moved. It dbl attk for like stoopid much and i got eaten. Some secksy thf saved me but i forget who.

Probably me or Vedder.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

S N K wrote:
Oraphin wrote:

Probably me or Vedder.

Whoever it was i sent them a ty tell at the time. I jus have the worst memory EVER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:20 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

the haste nerf is probably about as noticable as the blm nerf. quit QQin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:56 am 
Orcish Spamerizer

Suka is that your cat or something?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:21 am 
Random Man

It likes to eat small N64 controllers that are coated with catfood.

Is the server back up?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:24 am 

Ploid wrote:
It likes to eat small N64 controllers that are coated with catfood.

Is the server back up?

yup, update is a shity download though

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 am 
Crustache

Ploid wrote:
Darkwarrior wrote:
not really

The thf wouldn't pull hate from only taking 50% enmity from the tank. The pld would still have more hate.

noob >o he doesn't use it on the tank, he uses it on the war, thus lowering the war's hate and letting the pld tank again.

gawd, thick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 am 
Random Man

Well you said the war pull hate = the war tanking, causing the thf to pull hate = thf tanking and dying. I doubt 50% of the war which isn't tanking added to the thf's enmity which isn't near tanking will pull hate from the pld (tanking).

If update is ova what's the deal with sam? Pwn or fail?

Also about the thf thing, I bet it's level 37 or less. That would make sense, but be near useless for thfs that have access to accomplice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:58 am 

Quote:
The recast seems to be 3min with a 3min duration (much like defender). I can't be sure what level you obtain it yet. The ability is Earth Based and I doubt that Counter+ gear influences it since the text displayed when it procs is "Player Retaliates. Mob takes x Damage." unlike counter which uses the word "Counter". It also works quite a bit differently from counter.

* You must take physical damage for retaliate to take effect
* You seem to retaliate approximately 50% of the time (tested on only Easy Prey so far) with the ability active ~ After more testing, this number seems closer to 30%
* No known modifiers (I would guess VIT if anything since it is earth based and there is no "increases Retaliation" gear as of yet)
* The ability does not block the damage at all, you simply attack back.
* Does not proc through Utsusemi since you must take the actual hit.
* You can hit "at the same time" as a normal swing to the effect of what looks much like a double attack

The movement speed reduction appears to be similar to that of Dusk Gloves and does stack with it.

You are able to gain TP pretty fast and effectively with this new ability but you'd need to blood tank since it won't work through Utsusemi. Personally, I think there is a lot of potential with /DNC and cure spam (and 2 provokes! even if Animated Flourish is weaker.. are Dances CE?) since you'll get TP for not only getting hit but for retaliating too... but only time will tell.

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=168085

Seems very meh, since you have to be blood tanking for it to work, and it doesn't stop the attack..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 am 
Random Man

Oh crap, you need to take dmg? Worthless, give my hate back crap. lol SE(tm)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next