It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:04 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Oh yeah, I figured something totally awesome out today messing around with the macro system, and here, I shall explain...

Take your macro set, any one (here's mine), and idk... Assign each set of macros to one job (Got my current macro set up the top).

Now, this is a guide, I suppose, on how to write infinate macros. It's possible, but not with just pressing the button once...

Suggesting you start at the beginning... So on Set 1 have to your moves, spells, w/e you want to cast, then in the top 5 slots write your current macro, but on the bottom, write in "/macro set 2", so it goes to the next macro board.

Here, on the same macro button you use for the first set, write the next 5 lines of the macro, again, ending the macro in "/macro set 3", obviously increasing the number as the macro goes on...

Continue in this fashion for all macro sets, if need be, remembering to put "/macro set #" on the end of that line...

Once you've finished, you can create a reset macro, that, if you don't need to use up ALL 10 sets, will take the Macro set back to the beginning and ya, if need be, depending on how you write your macros.

So, after doing that, I spammed my Ctrl+1 button 10 times in the space of 1 second ...

ggggggggg...

Whats funny is that instead of changing to certain sets within the same macro pallette, you can cross pallettes, by writing "/macro BlackMage", which is what I use to jump to my Blm specific set, or of course, "/macro Book2" from Book1, ergo gaining yourself another 50 macro spaces. You could chain all the Macro lines together to make a macro of 1001 lines, so long as you tie them in at the end of each macro, and press the same 1 button as to avoid confusion.

It's pretty pwn if you ask me. And this is awesome for my Blm macros, cuz now I can gear myself by macros under certain circumstances for pwn activation ... 1 macro for HP down and up gggggggg...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:49 pm 
Bitter Canadian

That's fine work you welsh are doing

/golfclap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:20 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Ya, I was figuring out just now how to re-work my Blm macros, cuz my 20 I had before were pretty basic (Sleep2 Sleepga2 Stun Drain Aspir B2 F2 Fire4 Bliz4 Thun4, Bind/Ichi Grav/Ni HPDown HPUp Heal Flare2 T2 Fga3 Bga3 Tga3) ... And everytime it was Lightningsday or wanted to put on Elemental Magic + gears, I had to do it manually and sometimes miss it by the time the nuke went off...

But maaaaan... I now made my HP Down > Up macro go over 3 macro sets that works so incredibly seemlessly, and trying to figure out a way to get a Dark+, Enfeeb+ and Elem+, as well as Day-Specific Equip, MB and Possible Defensive macros on 1 pallette too, and I just failed.

So then I thought make Set1 a base set, and say my "Thunder4" button be a link to a macro set full of Thunder-type spells, thus gaining myself like, 12 extra slots on the first set if I did this for each Nuke-Type... So my old B2 macro would take me to a Water pallette, my F4 take me to a Fire-Pallette, and so on ... This has epic possibilities, and no need at all to scroll through the stupid spell lists...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomgah this is going to be pure win. It's sad, but I'm a have fun writing these macros ... In work ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:52 pm 
Better than Kooyo

i need to spend a whole day jus sittting down and writing macro's

gg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:06 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Thats fine for long casting stuff and all, but what about stuff like paralyze, slow, bind, etc that takes a long while to cast, and hitting the macro 4-5 times isnt fast enough to change that many pieces of equip? :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:06 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Uh, then you do the equip changes first, then the cast DUH.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:57 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

idk... I might try it, but the delay in spells would kinda suck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:04 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Once again still not as good as unlimited lines for 1 macro.

I'd rather press 1 button to swap in str gear, then 1 button to ws.
Not one button 5 times to swap gear then ws -.-
That will make qwik ws a bitch XD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:44 am 
Hexabox Aspirant

Olde.