It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 am 
Gender Illusionist

boringgggggggggggg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:03 am 
Random Man

Dude it's SF4! It's going to high resolution sprites, online matches, and hopefully better animation than SF3. It already wins. Square lose if it has mmo like features. I may be getting too hyped for this. NO way, it's Street Fighter 4! The trailer is up on gametrailers.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:00 am 
Goblin Smithy

Better have countering in that there SF4 or I'm gonna be pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:15 am 
Random Man

My goodness this game looks pwn. When they use the free roam camera to look up at the canopy I can't help but think of a console version of crysis being possible (PC version without all the graphical things enabled but some middle ground, just say that I'm thinking this game looks awesome like crysis looks awesome). I like when it dived in the water and got out showing that his clothes are soaking wet 2:40-2:50 (darker clothes, and a shine to it due to the water, different texture that moves with him in a different way than the dry clothes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9fOgLFUpGs (Environments *the one I'm commenting on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLShO-6upBI (facial animations)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 pm 
Random Man

Street Fighter II HD Remix!

Quote:
* Gameplay-wise, HD Remix is the next game in the SF2 series. Rebalanced and tons of changes.
* Includes an arcade perfect version of Super Turbo SF with no changes. Two games in one.
* Widescreen 16:9 support
* Remixed music

Looks like I get to be excited about getting this again. Pwnage, remixed music, new changes and rebalanced gameplay ftw.

Image widescreen goodness. boing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:55 pm 
Random Man

The first hour of Uncharted (highlights, not actually a hour long vid). boing

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/n ... 6508490090

Just watched it. Omg very Indiana Jones, with nice puzzles and such. Wowo this looks nice. Surprised

Quote:
Join on us on a whirlwind tour through the first 60 minutes of the stunning masterpiece

Indiana Jones and Lara croft are names you associate with great adventures and come 7 December, when Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune finds its way to PS3, Nathan Drake will be clambering up vines and leaping over ravines and joining that prestigious list.

Drake, as all intrepid explorers are, is on the hunt for a lost treasure buried deep in the heart of an uncharted Pacific Island. Joining him on this adventure is his sidekick-come-reporter, Elena Fisher, who is filming the expedition in pursuit of a scoop. But after their boat gets blown to pieces it’s clear this isn’t going to be as easy as the pair first thought.

Naughty Dog seems to have found a way to get more kick out of the PS3 than other developers, and have crafted a game that’s not only a joy to play but also gorgeous to look at, hell even the AI is good. All this and they’ve even managed to include a nod to their previous game. Look closely at the wetsuits in the opening sequence and, although obviously not as we remember him; you might just spot Daxter making a cameo appearance.

The first hour of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, which we’ve crammed into just 240 seconds, is full of set pieces and incredible environments which, if they continue, will make this the PS3 game of the year.

Check out the video below and see what you can expect in the 60 minutes of this epic tale.

I expect to see some indiana Jones Boulder chase in this game. They (Naughty Dog) put them in a lot of their crash games.

It's like this is the game Naughty Dog always wanted to do. They might be huge fans of Indiana Jones.

Another one on animation.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26678.html?type=
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Also back shot of Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Mr. Green

lolmicrotransactions. This sounds kinda interesting though, like when the expansion hits soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:41 am 
Random Man

Why don't my homies post on the gaming thread anymore.

So who's getting Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix? I can't stinkin wait. Took a look at a SSFII Turbo tournament to see how people play and I didn't know people played this game so skillfully still (Great fight Dhalsim vs Ryu. Black guy vs Azn!! aka Ploid vs Eudon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVk1DV7t2OM). I'm getting perty good in Super Puzzle Fighter still but get beat down by the random Japanese Tetris style dude here and there (drops gems so fast and accurate and kills me within seconds. There should be a law to prevent those type of people from playing SPF).

New info on SSFII Turbo HD Remix.

Quote:
But as Christian Svensson, senior director of research and strategic planning at Capcom, explains, there's much more to the remixed experience than just a glossy makeover and online play. The game will feature a "rebalanced mode," which will not only attempt to eliminate significant advantages between characters, but also simplify move inputs for casual players. Svensson stresses that all original button combinations will still remain intact, but those looking to pull off Zangief's typically complex piledriver move or one of Akuma's three-button attacks with one fewer button press will have that option.

More surprising than the slight modification of existing moves is the addition of new ones -- both those taken from other, non-numbered series entries (such as Ryu's fake fireball), and some that have been created from scratch for HD Remix. According to Svensson, "almost every character, especially the less popular characters, has been given some new toys." Several of the world's top Super Street Fighter II Turbo players have been consulting to help maintain the integrity of the experience during this rebalancing process.

Fighting games, perhaps more so than any other modern genre, seem to suffer during online play, as the short-form play sessions allow even a second of lag to kill a match. While Svensson can't detail just what it is that the developers are doing to counteract such issues with HD Remix, he offers a bold, potentially reassuring statement: "It's network code that's never been seen in a commercial fighting game before, and it will hopefully provide, even under relatively poor network connections, a much better experience than any fighting game that's ever existed."

We'll ultimately have to wait to see if such prognostications pan out, but one feature we expect to be completely fascinating is the addition of robust stat tracking tools. "Think of it as your Halo 3 service record," says Svensson, referring to Bungie's mighty collection of highly specific in-game statistics. Either through the game or via a web-based portal, HD Remix players will be able to check out a heap of stats, broken down by character, country of origin, and even move type. "If I want to see the top Cammy players from Canada, I can do that," he says. "If I want to see who has the most throws in the world, period -- I can do that."

In addition to consulting with top players, avid fans have already helped decide one of the Achievements to be included in the Xbox 360 version, and Svensson hints that the community will come into play somehow with the creation (or selection) of the remixed music tracks to be included as well. What it all culminates in is an experience that will not only be friendlier than ever for all users, but also highly user-created. "Everything about this is...you tell us what you want," says Svensson, "and we'll do our best to deliver it for you."

While looking for super street fighter snes box I found this also.
Image I remember getting a peak of this box while it was wrapped up before xmas. Man seeing it again brings back good memories. Now to hunt down MK1 box (yes one dragon symbol in a circle).

And this (I wouldn't own one but that darn good quality. Would be nice to have as art almost). I was a street fighter kid.
ImageImage

MGS4 E 4 All (E3 knock off) footage.

Part 1.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26746.html

Part 2.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26748.html

Part 3.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26750.html

Part 4.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26752.html?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:58 am 
Random Man

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php/2007/10/23/sfhd_w_i_p_screenshots#comments

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:07 pm 
lolmithrapld

Waiting on Socom 4 popcorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14 pm 
Random Man

I has Tekken 5 online now to get warmed up for tekken 6. If anyone has this challenge me, and don't forget to send me a invite for puzzlefighter also as I'm learning how to play that competitively as well (ken ftw, don't be gay and pick akuma or that girl in the dress). Gotta update my sig.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:05 am 
Random Man

Games have come a long way in storytelling. Awesome 10 minutes into Uncharted. Grade A dialog.

Flash like youtube good quality stream video.
http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/videos/g ... nuten.html

Image Image Image

This is going to be such a wonderful holiday boing

New Ratchet commercial. Insomniac should make a movie division and compete with pixar and shrek people in theaters. This is quality work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYkdQFjJd38

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:04 am 
Orcish Spamerizer

Patiently waiting for Street Fighter Alpha 2 HD Remix and then I'm sold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:14 am 
Random Man

Oh man, I just had a good one on one Tekken session. Felt like the old days where I would have first to 20 wins spar session in street fighter alpha 3 (Ken vs Ryu). Never thought I'd get the chance to do something like that again. Internet makes dreams come true.

A JP guy with rank #800s (mine is 2600ish) burst into the room and murdered us. He had on sick armor and made us look like chumps how easily he demoralized us into dogs doing mre defending than counter/parry/attacking. The first time I faced him I was owning. It was 2 to 0 in a 3 to win battle. He kicked into 5th gear and wiped the floor with me. Looks like I found more crack Sad But it' popcarn crack,! Pay attention SE, arcade rooms in ffxi. No more time sink pokemon and silly gambling corner!

/em goes back to hitting the palm tree.

/shout Hai yahhh!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:02 pm 
Black Thumb

Tekken is overrated.

Virtua Fighter is better, as is Soul Calibur.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:07 pm 
Random Man

Dude no wai, thats what I thought too for the last ten years (or rather since PS2 era with virtua fighter 4, soul calibur 3, then Virtua fighter 5). After tekken tag it's been nothing but virtua fighter and soul calibur for me as far as 3d fighting goes. Then bookey let me and hogashi download tekken5 so we can set up loldrg rooms to battle. After getting my teeth kicked in by bookey and seeing how pwn he was I took time to learn how to play tekken, and all the little things like parry, stair stepping, counters (because VF taught me to be technical). Tekken is fast action and you can feel the blows these characters dish out (enhanced by lighting graphics and sound, vs virtua fighter's normal punch/kick sounds no flashy stuff). The characters are also very fictional, bears, and kangaroos fighting, robots flying, etc. It's fun after the strictness of VF.

VF is very good, so is SC. I'm just really loving Tekken now since I haven't played it since tekken tag. It's like a mix between VF (Strict fighting) and SC (Arcadey with weapons) with it's own flavor added (Iron Fists = weapons! pwn combos, pwn weird characters, pwn pwn) in.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Things VF would never allow, or in case of the summo guy, would remove because they can't simulate the effect of actual fat Rolling Eyes
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 am 
Lost Gaiters

Soul Calibur II is my favorite fighter of all time, then comes Ehrgeiz and Tobal No. 2... Is SC4 out yet? I want it ;[ Also awaiting Final Fantasy: Dissidia for PSP, screens look very promising ;o

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 am 
Random Man

No SC4 yet but the screen shots look sick! I really expected Square to follow through with the tobal series. I never got tobal2, wasn't too much of a gamer back then(Had to import it and such), but I liked Tobal1.

SC4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHI9Nj0PkcM

Image Image Image

----------

Something else. Team fort halloween. Developers of different companies had a team fort competition.

Volition

Nihilistic

NCSoft

EA LA

Blizzard

Bioware

Insomniac (did portal)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:22 am 
Crustache

lol@ the cube picture

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:20 am 
Black Thumb

I have the GC version of SC2. I haven't played it in quite a while though, but I used to be hax with Link. From what I heard though he was outlawed in tournament play because he could lock someone in a combo but I'm not THAT good to be able to do that anyway.

When I was at UAlbany for my first two years I used to play VF4 with my friend ALL the time. I forget who I wasThat and the co-op Halo missions were a lot of fun. Kinda reminds me to call my old roommate. Anyway I got pretty good at that game from playing it for so long.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:32 pm 
Gender Illusionist

Girls don't play video games nonono

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next