It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:16 pm 
Random Man

This is a no FFXI zone. Back on topic (anything else). Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:06 pm 
Papi Chulo

I just bought a new psp slim & lite but when is loading any game is very noisy... so annoying so I went to the store and asked them and they said the old version was noisier, is that true? or my PSP is fucked up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:06 pm 
Cock atrice

My PSP is noisy when it starts up, but not so much when it's playing. Btw Gil, if you like FFT, get Jeanne D'arc. Such an awesome strategic game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:44 pm 
Papi Chulo

I got Monster Hunter 2 and it fking pwns

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:41 pm 
Better than Kooyo

i wish u can play monster hunter online D;

i tried dl/ing jeanne d'arc, but its not working on my version of firmware it seems
=(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:24 pm 
lolmithrapld

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1350-Zero-Punctuation-Heavenly-Sword-and-Other-Stuff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:04 am 
Random Man

I've been meaning to post links to those videos he make on games. They are very funny and entertaining. Thanks for the link, I totally forgot to keep up and look out for his new stuff.

For more http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... unctuation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:46 pm 
lolmithrapld

Just pointing you all in the direction of online magazines, no matter which console/s you use these magazines are a nice change to the norm, free and dont take up any space lying around your house.
(nothing to do with the fact my playstation clan stars in this months p3zine mag)
http://www.gamerzines.com/PCGzine/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:50 am 
Random Man

Thanks for another heads up. I recently got rid of what seemed loke 100 pounds (weight)of old magazines. Nice job getting your gropu featured in a issue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:38 am 
lolmithrapld

pic of me in it lawl in ma combats!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:50 am 
Random Man

GT5 P vs Rality: the game.

bouc_emissaire wrote:
Hello.

GT5 is maybe going to touch reality, in some areas (cars modelisation and shaders).
So, i just did a small quizz, you have to find the picture coming from GT5/GT5 Prologue.

Hope you'll enjoy it :

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/Quizz.html

You can give your score !

Maybe everybody will find the 15 good pics ?

Maybe the reality will be not reach this gen ?

(pics are small, but it's to add more challenge).[/QUOTE]

Do not look in the GT5 P thread. Most might have seen the GT5P pictures and may recognize them already like I did. Pretty trippy if you never seen the GT5 P pictures though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:57 pm 
Random Man

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. boing

ImageImage

ImageImage

Just add indiana jones theme
Inappropriate gif Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 am 
Random Man

Oh and team fort2 is out. Mert isn't going to represent that game? I don't have the vids for it. Saw a flash of a user made video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3034.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:59 am 
Random Man

Since most of you seem to be hard core PC players this might interest you. Might even bring back memories. I don't know.

Fallout 3 site goes live. http://fallout.bethsoft.com/home/home.php

Teaser trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSdbSNckTQ

The first diary* entry.

Quote:
Welcome Back to Fallout

Todd Howard
Executive Producer

When we started Fallout 3 in 2004, we obviously had big ideas of what we could do with it, and I talked to a lot of outside people, from ex-developers to press folks to fans. What made it special? What are the key things you'd want out of a new one? The opinions, and I'll put this mildly…varied. A lot. But they would all end the same, like a stern father, pausing for affect – "but do not…screw it up." Gulp. Let me write that last one down a few times.

I'm going to assume that if you're reading this, you've probably read between 1 and 50 previews of Fallout 3 already (they're linked on this site). There's already too much info out there, in different forms and in conflicting ways, for me to cover or correct it all here. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that the information never gets out 100% correctly, and you will certainly never be quoted correctly. For the record, I never compared the violence in Fallout to Jackass, I compared it to Kill Bill…big difference. I also never said "fantasy is riding a horse and killing things," but oh well. Ultimately the game speaks for itself (certainly better than I do). The other thing to keep in mind is that preview comments often circle around the small-footprint sensational elements (Fat Man, toilet drinking, bobbleheads, etc), while sometimes missing the key points of the hour-long demo we give, which are: player choice, consequence, sacrifice, and survival.

Survival is a key theme of the game, not just for you, but for the characters living in the world. The no-longer-simple act of survival, and the uniqueness of it, gives each character special meaning. What has each one sacrificed to do so? You have to find water sources to drink from, and balance your health and radiation levels. There are countless sources of water. Yes, the game has toilets (just like…the real world), and if you want, you can drink out of them. That's a better solution than saying, "sorry player, you can drink all water types but this one." Don't confuse a preview mentioning toilets with what we're focused on.

I hope over the next year you'll come to see this website as a good place to get information on the game, right from us. Please know it's going to be a slow trickle all the way up to release for a few reasons, 1) the game is a long way off yet, and 2) we mess with the game until it's done. If something big changes that we've already discussed, we'll do our best to let you know. Suffice it to say, you should have more then enough info when the game hits the shelves to decide for yourself if Fallout 3 is worth your time and money.

The massive expectations of what this game means to everyone who loved Fallout, RPGs, and gaming-in-general is not lost on us. It's impossible to discuss the game with anyone without them referencing Oblivion and/or the Fallout legacy. In many ways, it's the sequel to both games. It's our "next" RPG after Oblivion while also being the sequel to one of the greatest games in the history of electronics. No pressure. We hear from everybody. If you have an opinion on what/how the game should be done, I guarantee we've heard it.
From "don't change a thing, make it exactly like the others" to "I don't care as long as it has mutants," and every permutation in between.

If you know us, you know we work by a few key philosophies, and "reinvention" is one of them. I've seen too many things I once loved fall down the hole of numbing repetition, missing the innovation and flair the 1st one had. We tear down The Elder Scrolls each time and rebuild it, trying to find new ways of presenting the ultimate-fantasy-world-do-whatever-you-want-sandbox game each time. I guess I'm a product of Ultima 4 through 7, where I was at my "I can play games all day" period of my life. I saw Richard Garriott reinvent that game each time, from the interface to the combat to everything else. If any game is going to have the same impact it had years before, it must use new ways of doing it, because time changes not just the technology, but most importantly, the person viewing it.

And that's how we approach Fallout - find its spirit, the feelings it left you with, the impact it had when you first played it, and make that happen again…ten years later.

I also read the old reviews, which is a great way to get insight into how a game made people feel at the time. It's fun to read what stuck out to people back then, not just the world and its choices, but things that may look aged now, but were state of the art then; such as the SVGA graphics, the characters talking with full voice, and the over-the-top death animations. None of that registers now, but for 1997, the game certainly used the latest tricks to pull you into the world.

Obviously we had the old games to look at, and Fallout 1 became our main model and inspiration. I always preferred the tone of it, and it's the one we focused our time on dissecting. We also went through all the original source material, as well as the "Fallout Bible," put together by Chris Avellone, whose work is always fantastic. But one of my favorite sources, when we received everything (yes, everything) from Interplay, is the original "Fallout Vision Statement", back when it was called "Fallout: A GURPS Post Nuclear Adventure." This is the document detailing what Fallout was to be, and is a 14-point bulleted list. Here they are, in order, with direct quotes (enjoy – I know I did):

Mega levels of violence. "When people die, they don't just die – they get cut in half, they melt into a pile of goo, explode like a blood sausage, or several different ways – depending on the weapon you use."
There is often no right solution. "Like it or not, the player will not be able to make everyone live happily ever after. "
There will always be multiple solutions. "No one style of play will be perfect."
The others are: "The players actions affect the world.", "There is a sense of urgency," "It's open ended," "The player will have a goal," "The player has control of his actions," "Simple Interface," "Speech will be lip-synched with the animation," "A wide variety of weapons and actions," "Detailed character creation rules," "just enough GURPS material to make the GURPSers happy. The game comes first." That one is actually crossed out in the document, as they dropped GURPS, and lastly:

14. "The Team is Motivated" "We want to do this. We care about this game and we will make it cool."

Ten years later and I don't know that I would change a word of what we want to do today. Especially that last one. We have an incredibly passionate and amazing group here; I've been privileged to work with many of them for over a decade. Hopefully in another 10 years people will look back and say, "Nope, they didn't screw it up." Hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:19 am 
Random Man

Tekken6

After looking at this vid, I couldn't help but think tekken 6 still moves like the PS1 tekken. All stiff and such, and the animations are odd. And the birds are just sitting there, although it's beta.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wO4yd1L ... ed&search=

I did like this vid though. Seems fast paced and full of action. Hope it has online vs like the PSN tekken5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neTVXtxE ... ed&search=

Doubt it will be better than soul calibur 4 though, and it's having online vs for sure.
Couldn't find any real gameplay fighting. This stylized trailer is the most they seem to have shown (4 seconds of searching youtube). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHI9Nj0PkcM

Tekken5 fat guy + demon Jin fight (In the picture it's Yoshimitsu but in the youtube it's Jin).

Something about some Octave Physics engine Tekken5 use. It's a youtube video put on this site through some hax code.
http://sdtekken.com/tekken-6/

Now that I seen that last vid with the fight in the water. It might not suck like I thought it would.

The pwn Xiaoyu.

Xiaoyu vs lolRaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsuGgXud1tQ

This game don't look good to say all it has to render is a arena, and 2 fighters, and a sprinkle of bystanders here and there (same with VF5).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:08 am 
President

I have TF2 all set and installed on my computer, unfortunately my graphics card apparently sucks and wont let me play it.

Have to wait a week or two before I can afford to blow money on a graphics card, oh wells.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:29 am 
Random Man

Oh boo, could have played it on a console, but yea it's better to get it on pc if you have a worthy setup or near worthy (since you can play ffxi on it).

Everyday Shooter (A rez type shoot'em up game. Music is controlled based on what you do, and it's a hard game, but fun).
A video review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqaKqot2v8

Back at Game Developer's Conference. Like 6 months ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuTAoA-udMk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:50 am 
Goblin Smithy

I gots me an Orange Box. It's fuckin AMAZING! To anyone that doesn't have it, GO GET IT!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:48 am 
Random Man

I need a bigger HDD and haxing skills to get movies on it like this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm 
Random Man

Street Fighter 4 is in development!!!! OMG yes boing crazy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next