It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm 
Random Man

This is a true story.

Gang Member Teams with Klansman to Protest Memphis KKK Rally wtf?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNN8xPRn6M

Quote:
If you are looking for a story that travels to the realms of disbelief, then this is the story that does so. It appears that a group of Memphis, Tennessee Ku Klux Klan members and the Grape Street Crips are teaming up to stop an upcoming KKK rally.

Dajuan Horton, a Crip Gang member who lives in Memphis apparently heard of the rally happening. Being totally and unequivocally against it, he decided to work on a rally to combat the coming KKK rally. He told a local news station that instead of meeting the opposing rally members with violence, he is offering a non-violent stand against them: “The first thing I was thinking was the largest rally you’ve even seen and you’re telling us about it,” he said. “You’re sending the first blow, we’re not throwing blows we’re going to dodge that one and hug you.”

Horton also made a video and posted it on YouTube; about his opposition of the rally. That video caught the attention of Bradley Jenkins, the Imperial Wizard for the United Klan of America. Jenkins watched Horton’s video and offered to stand with Horton as he works to repel the impending rally: “We will stand resolute with the citizens of Memphis and this young man and anyone in town, no matter what color they be, because hate and racism has no place,” Jenkins said. According to Jenkins, the KKK members who are proposing a rally at the end of March, are not true members of The Ku Klux Klan.

More at link
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/01/ ... kkk-rally/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:00 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Alright I admit it, I don't know if these people are black..but my first thought of a gang is that they are..so..I'll just go ahead and say it. GRAPE STREET??? YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
Fuck the actual light hearted purpose of this that I'm sure can only end painfully.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:08 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Do you live on Grape street Ploid??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:14 pm 
Random Man

Bloods and Crips are usually black people which could have anyone else in it depending on where they grew up. Like if a Hispanic person grew up with them, heck even a white person, there would be no problem with them being in the gang. It's not a race gang situation but a territory gang, and heavily influenced by movies. They are wannabes pretty much. They don't care about civilians but if they are twisted and into crime, they may rob from them. I knew some pale skinned people from my high school that claimed blood. The gangs in my school was pretty much a play with actors though. There was no real violence other than a reason to wrestle during break hour.

About the street names. Grove Street would totally be enemies to Grape Street.

Also black people are no where near the main ones to be in gangs. Just the most likely to be on tv or have movies about them. Sometimes the only reason a black person is in a movie is to be a criminal or a comedian. Most likely a fearful criminal. Fear me!

Irish gangs, Russian gangs, Italian gangs, Polish gangs (yes), etc. Though these are the ones that seem cooler sometimes dressed up with the name, "Mafia." Their low end members, on the street doing the dirty work are the same as a gangster of any other group.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 am 
Black Thumb

GRAND THEFT AUTO: KNOXVILLE

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Sons of Anarchy showcases gangs way gooder ;(
And even then that show is the absolute definition of hit and miss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:21 am 
Random Man

I implore you guys to watch this series if you are wondering about gangs at all.

Gangland [History Channel Joint]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr0GWyUTnpg < This is just one episode. It's sunday, grab a glass of wine, some cheese, and kick your feet up for a bit.

These gangs displayed on this show are ruthless.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:23 pm 
Black Thumb

Justified is the hot shit.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.