It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

i'll be on in a few mins again.

acc is

Seiriem.1043

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:19 am 
Bitter Canadian

?/10

????

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:29 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

idk yet. It is a lot of fun, but past leveling to cap from what I can see there isnt much. I've done some pvp, which isnt bad but its not as good as swtors pvp was.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 am 
Cock atrice

Mrdude wrote:
idk yet. It is a lot of fun, but past leveling to cap from what I can see there isnt much. I've done some pvp, which isnt bad but its not as good as swtors pvp was.

Lol, you mean the unbalanced lag fest that swtor was? Remember when illum was functional and how the majority of the game was spent camping inside the republic base? I also remember the 3-10 fps I would get when there were more than 15 people on the screen. That game killed pvp for me. Although pvp in this game is going to take some getting used to. At least when I play WvWvW alone, I just see zergfests on castle walls. The "battlegrounds" are a bit more enjoyable from my experience, but still getting the hang of it all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:05 pm 
Bitter Canadian

that reads as mediocre/10
:nonono:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 pm 

I was talking about the battlegrounds in swtor, world pvp was terrible. I've never really liked large scale pvp in games though. I always prefered smaller groups (8ish or less per team. I also never really had lag problems with swtor, but my server was also low pop.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:40 pm 
Cock atrice

Angry Joe Review
http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/09/guild-wars-2-angry-review/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:07 pm 
Random Man

I came here to post that review, good stuff, seems like the mmo I've been waiting on. Got so fed up with FFXI's time sinks and grouping issues. One of the main reasons I started to quit ffxi was because I wasted a day lfp for assault runs and got nothing. If I didn't solo bst to 75 96% of the time that might have seemed normal but bst opened my eyes. I didn't have to take that crap. I almost got tricked into getting FFXIV but this review makes GW2 seem like bst while FFXIV seems like me lfp for assault again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 pm 
Cock atrice

iirc everyone seems to be on Server Emerey Bay: MrD, Dhil, Seir, and some others that I may be missing.

I'm on Borliss Pass with RL buddies. At the moment the "Server guesting" feature isn't enabled so playing cross-server is a bit tricky but feasible. So far Dhil and I have been able to group up and complete the level 30 story-dungeon, explore/level up in PVE, and join each other's guilds. There may be some bugs here and there with it at times but nothing too bad to complain about.

Send me a message if you decide to play!

dion.5098

Loving Guardian and Engineer btw :boing:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Thf is badass. That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 pm 
Random Man

What the crap, Dhil is there? GG letting me know where the party moved to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:54 pm 

been playing ranger, its quite awesome. Wanted to try other jobs aswell but everyone is leveling so quickly, and I'm trying to keep up heh. Hit 49 last night, fought that massive dragon, thing is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY4kU-Rhq6Q

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:04 am 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
What the crap, Dhil is there? GG letting me know where the party moved to.

Pssh remember who started this thread.
:there:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 pm 
Random Man

Huzzah

So what's the deal with making a character? Am I only allowed to make one character without paying more? Will I only be able to pick one class? That said what class do you guys suggest I pick?

I loved BST the most in ffxi, but if the pets can't hold aggro depending on how I play like diablo 3 I'll probably rather play another class. I liked thief in ffxi outside of the THF KILL crap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 am 

can make up to 5 for free

Ranger is pretty cool, tank pets seem to hold hate better than dd pets, though generally you'll rip hate off your pet regardless, no idea how the hate system actually works yet. Did some pvp on it, pets seem lackluster and die quite quickly, though the few matches I did I wrecked people.

How pets work is pretty cool, any "juvenile" mob in the game you can charm by running up to them and pressing F. From there, you can pick 2 pets for out of water and 2 for in water and swap between them at any time (20s cool down while in combat, 60 if they die). I'm using a black bear and a eagle for out of water and a shark/jellyfish for water, the shark is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 am 
Random Man

Well I'll make a ranger and thief. It's a pity about Necro being bad. I kinda wanted to play that when I first started looking into this game.

The Sorry State of the Necromancer in SPvP (Long Post)
http://www.teamparadigm.net/forums/Necr ... Long-Post/

Edit:

Come on, almost there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 am 
Random Man

What control setup do you guys use? I never got into playing ffxi with a keyboard, these controls are going to take some getting used to. Is there a way to lock onto enemies?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
Well I'll make a ranger and thief. It's a pity about Necro being bad. I kinda wanted to play that when I first started looking into this game.

The Sorry State of the Necromancer in SPvP (Long Post)
http://www.teamparadigm.net/forums/Necr ... Long-Post/

Try them all out imo. Also don't count out Necro just because of some d00d's opinion of how they are now. Keep in mind that this game is in its early state so nerfs/buffs are always changing. I will say that I can't speak much for pvp since I've spent 90% of my time enjoying the pve aspects, but the little sPvP that I have done, it did seem fairly balanced. The trick seemed to be finding a nice skill/trait combination that suits your playstyle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:46 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
What control setup do you guys use? I never got into playing ffxi with a keyboard, these controls are going to take some getting used to. Is there a way to lock onto enemies?

Mouse & keyboard for me. Either "click" or Tab to select enemies. I believe people are creating controller setups but i've never paid much attention to them. I just recommend using the default, then as you get comfortable with it, change the keybindings to suit your needs.

The only change I made was to assign "Dodge" to shift. I am considering remapping the F1-4 buttons since I play guardian and engineer and my keyboard makes it difficult to access them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

I use the default, haven't changed a thing. Though I should change my steal (F1) to something closer to my asdw movement keys so I don't have to reach for it. Send me a message when you get going. I'm usually on more than Mrd or Dion though tonight I'll be out watching the Packer game with my dad since neither of us get NFL Network.

Rdrodriguez.3204 is my ID.

Also, Destroyer fight is way better than the dragon. More minions and running around the area. Dragon pretty much just sits there for you to wail on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next