It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 pm 
Cock atrice

Here's a few pics of my Asura Engineer. They use weapon kits, turrets, guns, and tools to fight. I only got it to 6 though so I didn't get access to many cool things yet.

At the starter area for each race, you follow a dynamic quest line that leads you to a giant boss fight.

There's audio/text dialogue throughout the whole event. This appears to be the norm throughout the majority of the game. You either get audio queues as to what's going on around you, or visual updates on the screen.

I played this character for awhile but the engineer didn't hold my attention nearly as much as the elementalist. The elementalist just drew me in more. Also I did part of the demo story for the Asura and the story arc that I chose wasn't all that engaging to me.

The Sylvari race/starting area by far impressed me the most, which is what I'll end up creating come launch.

Cool cutscene of this giant golem boss coming to life. Everyone around has to take it out.

As you play this game, the "Dodge" mechanic becomes your best friend, you'll will need to use it at key times. The earlier levels are forgiving as far as taking hits go, but later on you'll get owned if you don't pay attention.

This guy went down pretty easy, but then again it's basically your first fight after you create your character so I imagine it has to be easy.

In usual fashion I was too distracted to SS the victory.

Last edited by dionious on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm 
Cock atrice

Pics of the Sylvari main town. My graphics are set to high but I had to turn my shadows to low. I use two 5850's in crossfire but I always have performance issues with shadows :/

This town has about 3-4 levels to it. The top 2 pics were the portion of my Home World, which is kind of like a Mog House but instead you have a whole city to yourself which changes dynamically depending on choices you make in your story missions.

The bottom 3 pics are take from the bottom level of the sylvari town. There's a shit load of things to explore and you get exp among other things for doing so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:07 pm 
Cock atrice

What happens when you fuck up!

You basically get knocked to the ground and have access to 4 abilities right before death. If you're able to kill the guy that knocked you out before your hp reaches 0, you can Rally and get back to life with a bit of hp. It's an awesome mechanic that's come in handy numerous times.

A SS of me and my buddy doing a combo. As an elementalist, I can switch to Fire attunement to lay down a wall of fire, in which he as a Mesmer, can create a clone of himself which fires bullets through the fire, causing burning damage/debuff to the mob.

Here's some various SS's of under water fighting. They put a lot of effort into under water fighting, you actually get a whole new set of abilities, unique to each class once you're underwater.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 pm 
Random Man

Looks very pretty. I didn't preorder so I figured that's why I couldn't download the beta.

Kripp's Guild Wars 2 impressions (guy from the Hardcore Diablo 3 kill)
http://youtu.be/MzxiGmF5fcY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:19 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
Looks very pretty. I didn't preorder so I figured that's why I couldn't download the beta.

Kripp's Guild Wars 2 impressions (guy from the Hardcore Diablo 3 kill)
http://youtu.be/MzxiGmF5fcY

Pretty long video so I only listened for the first 4-5 mins. He mentioned how he hates the downed-state feature, especially in pvp. I'm actually a huge fan of it since it's never been done before and encourages cooperation. I may have to listen to the whole thing later but he kinda lost me at that point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm 
Random Man

Skip the first 4 mins then. The last part (the things he liked) is good, but you already know about the game so you can probably skip the vid all together. He just don't like the down state because it works against 1 vs 2+ since they can keep the stuff going no matter how skilled the solo person is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:01 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
Yep just saw, ok there may be enough space between Torchlight 2 and this game. I may get it at launch and just hope for the best (come on pet class don't fail me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-CB0hheQRg

Preorders have access on the 25th. Anyone joining me?? :peanut:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:27 pm 
Cock atrice

On server: Borlis Pass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:34 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

I'm playing this, aswell as a few others from 11/14, we're on Ehmry Pass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:26 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

Mrdude wrote:
Ehmry Pass

gonna jump to your server i guess... installing atm
don't know when i get to play though... long time hours at work

who is playing there, gimme names an guilds or whatever it is called there :D

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:41 pm 

me, digitalgeek, Digi's brother, Bainerr, Bainerr's Brother, Dadian (guy from sylph) aaaand I can't remember who else. I'll put my account name or whatever on here when I get on the game so you can add me to your flist.

Druel.7143

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 pm 
Better than Kooyo

say hi to digi for me :3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 am 

Digi also says "hi"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 am 
Geman Coast Guard

hmm your servers are both full... lame :<

do they have passes, or is tehre a way to invite me to a server?

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:32 pm 
Cock atrice

Seiriem wrote:

My account name is Dion.5098

At the moment, I don't believe there are server invites and I don't think you can transfer to a full server. So you might have to wait until things cool down a bit before they address these things. However, if it's implemented, you CAN join someone's server as a "guest". I don't have any friends on other servers currently so I haven't tested. See below:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World
Quote:
Home world

When a player logs on to Guild Wars 2 for the first time they are asked to select a home world. This is the world the player represents in World versus World PvP. How well the world plays WvW determines the bonuses the player receives from the power of the Mists. This is the only advantage to world selection and WvW is the only game type which prevents players from different worlds playing together.

At launch players will be able to transfer between worlds freely. [1] Once server populations have largely settled and stabilized, world transfers will be restricted to once a week and cost a variable amount of gems based on the population of the world being transferred to: 500, 1,000 or 1,800 Gem.png (for low, medium, or high population, respectively)[2] In addition, after changing to a new home world, players will lose their power of the Mists bonuses until the beginning of the next World versus World match.[3]

Guesting

Guesting will not be available at launch but is still planned.[4] Players will be able to visit other worlds as guests as long as they have friends on those worlds. This feature is free, but guest players will not be able to enter World versus World PvP[2] and the power of the Mists bonuses from their home world will continue to apply to their characters.[3]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Seiriem wrote:

I picked this game up yesterday and all the american servers were full when I first tried so I exited and tried again 5 minutes later. I'm on Ehmry and my account name is Rdrodriguez.3204.

I got to say, I'm kind of loving this game. Not that I was looking to get back into MMOs but with no subscription fee I figured I'd give it a shot and could play casually but I besides the horrible lag spikes during some events there isn't anything I don't like yet.

I've dived into the crafting already and I'm sold. Not having to figure out the recipes and a storage section just for mats make it so easy to jump into and its so easy to figure out how to make items that are upgrades for your character. Plus you can do all the crafts. You can only have 2 active at once but you can switch them easily for a small fee.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:34 pm 
Cock atrice

Dhiloda wrote:
Seiriem wrote:

I got to say, I'm kind of loving this game. Not that I was looking to get back into MMOs but with no subscription fee I figured I'd give it a shot and could play casually but I besides the horrible lag spikes during some events there isn't anything I don't like yet.

Told you! And you all thought I was crazy too! I'll add you guys in a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 pm 

I wasn't even getting any lag at all untill last night, and its really not too bad. I'll add you in a few dhil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

managed to get on Ehmry Pass got kicked after 30 mins and had to dl another 16k files -.-
yay super slow connection -.-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:11 pm 

:/ whats your account name so I can add you?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next