It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

It would depend on the items ilvl. If this ring has a lower ilvl then it would be beneficial to farm levels that couldn't drop higher ilvl items then that of the item you wanted. This was the case in D2. The Soj for instance had a mid ranged ilvl and it was better to farm meph or diablo (Act 3 and 4) in nightmare rather than in hell.

Of course, I wasn't aware there was any low ilvl legendaries worth anything.

Quick search and yeah, its an ilvl 51 ring so this could be true... to HELL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 pm 
Random Man

The thread is here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... 123?page=1 There are a few people joking in the thread so I was almost sure it was a troll.

Probably shouldn't bother.

Quote:
OP is trolling there is no increased chance of justice lanterns dropping anywhere.. in fact they are going for more than ever on the AH (cheapest at 13.5million gold or $25+ on RMAH atm) so clearly there is no magic farming spot for them.

although technically its true that you have a better chance of getting one in early hell mode since that's the earliest places that can drop that item, because level 55-63 items arent yet so every drop has a slightly higher % chance to be a justice lantern than anywhere that drops higher level gear.

That said.. legendaries still have almost no chance to drop in the first place, and the time it would take you to see one drop in act 1 hell, you could've probably farmed enough gold to buy 2-3 of them from farming any act of inferno, or by playing the AH. So, don't waste your time trying to farm there.

Lot of Diablo 3 skyrim mods popping up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 am 
Random Man

Champion fight spam farm spot.
http://youtu.be/UhP8WVqiULs

Ok I did a few of these, I found a 1k weapon finally, and a pretty ok pair of ilevel 63 gloves. I think I'm willing to gear up for dd MF max gear to do this all the time now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:19 pm 
Black Thumb

Posting here for Plois, didn't think he'd see it in my twitter thread.

I have scoured the internet for you....or just my Twitter feed.

http://kotaku.com/5923932/diablo-iii-su ... socialflow

Quote:
Regardless of how good a game might be, regardless of how many hours of entertainment it provides, a game that dares to end is a game that has damned itself. We don't want our games to end, and the recent complaints around the Diablo III endgame are a testament to that desire.

Taking a look at a thread on the Blizzard forums reveals players who felt robbed on their $60 dollar purchase despite wringing hundreds upon hundreds of hours of play-time. Hours of play time from a single-player game that isn't meant to continually update with new content like an MMO would. Hours of content for a game that lacks something like a ‘season pass,' or a subscription that would pay for additional content.

What gives?

I don't think it's entitlement. I don't think people are expecting Diablo III to be something it's not—an MMO, for instance. I think this is the natural outcome of an audience that has been weaned on games as services. Games that do not just end.

This is true even when artistic vision begs the user to consider a definite ending, like in the case of Fallout 3. Nope, there's no room for artistic vision—not if it gets in the way of a player engulfing themselves in their universe of choice. Bethesda undid the original ending of Fallout 3 so that players could continue their adventures for as long as they wanted to.

It makes sense that players are expecting more than what Diablo III currently provides. This is the type of audience the gaming industry—with its day 1 DLC and long-term content plans— has primed. An audience hungry for more, because there always is more.

I'd go as far as to say that games like Diablo III are already somewhat complicit in that reality. Games that have procedurally generated elements have greater replay value, and if a player doesn't lose interest, the game does its best to provide ‘new' material to stay engaged with indefinitely.

Consider, too, that design sees constant player engagement as the holy grail. If a game doesn't provide content in equal measure, however, then creating a game that knows how to keep users playing is useless.

You can't create an environment like that and wonder why users clamor for more. Of course 500+ hours of content is not enough. 500+ hours is still a game that ends.

From a business perspective, this is great news. It means there's an audience that is very eager to keep playing, possibly keep paying to make that happen. Of course, there's a benefit to the player, too. Games can go on for as long as someone is willing to play them.

We know all of this. What I'd like to consider for a second is the long-term implications of an industry that works this way.

Creating games that do not end is the tip of the iceberg. Ultimately, I see everything in a game working toward endless engagement. Imagine an industry that creates experiences that are constantly evolving. Imagine returning to a game you played as a child and finding that it speaks to your adult sensitivities—not through nostalgia, but through a game that grew up with you.

Imagine being able to interact with artificial intelligence sophisticated enough that we don't have just static characters, but dynamic ones that we can really get to know. Something that might resemble a person. We already find characters incredibly compelling, already find it difficult to say goodbye. I don't think it's going to get any easier.

Imagine a reality where the hardest choice a player can make is the decision to stop playing.

Right now, development is not agile enough to meet consumer demand: it takes months for content to be produced. This is why development of DLC often happens in-tandem with development of the game proper. As tools get better, that might not be the case in the future.

For now, nobody wants a game that ends.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm 
Random Man

I don't mind it ending (beat diablo in inferno) I just want less trash rolls on gear. They made things drop more but it's a lot of trash because there's too big of a gap in the roll chances.

I've been farming the spot in my above post. I've gotten about 300 weapons, one was 1k and that was it's only stat other than having a slot (2h xbow). Tried to sell it for 2k. I just now got my second legendary while farming this spot. Another weapon, also lower than level 60 so no chance of melting it down for a 200k brimstone. The other weapon has magic find 200dps, and a slot so I'm using it as my main hand weapon while I farm this spot. I've gotten a ton of rares here now. They add to the cost when selling to the npc usually. No solid item yet, I hope there's a spot like this in act 3 or 4 somewhere so I can test there. I probably won't be able to use this much MF though, and this spot sometimes have a MF shrine to boost it.

Btw I play Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 til this day. I don't think new content is needed to make a game replayable, just a great game. I'm going to start over in Skyrim soon also. I played Oblivion recently again too (didn't go too far because Skyrim came out). I think the main thing that improves replay is multiplayer. This is a multiplayer RPG so it shouldn't be too hard for people to play it a lot. No putting points into attributes/skills, all characters being the same, etc kind of make replay weaker. We don't have to go through the game together again because we have the characters we want with click of the mouse. We've replayed the main campaign 3 times. Each time we leveled a new class with Inferno being the one we're working on or trying to farm in. I feel like trying Hell mode to see if the drop rate of legendaries will be different. No set items how did the devs get set items in their no AH runs. I got one set item bow through my whole time playing the game (horrible stats, goes with another bow to complete the set).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 am 
Black Thumb

Crazy night for drops...set ring, legendary armor and shield, and another ring that has MF and resist all on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:04 am 
Random Man

holy crap O.o grats, where you get them? Act 1?

Stats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 am 
Black Thumb

It'll take me a few mins but I'll identify everything I got and post some of the good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:10 am 
Black Thumb

Is there a different way to pull SS's? Ordinarily I just printscreen from the image I want and paste it into paint but for whatever reason it won't let me paste it...everytime I try to paste it into paint it takes a picture of my browser instead.

One thing I'd like to add is that we ran all over Act 1 with NV 5...I'd be interested in trying that today again, not that we haven't before.

As far as stats go, I suppose I can just post them for now; and to answer your question, everything I'm posting here is from Act 1:
Zunimassa's Plague (ring)
DEX 65
INT 82
VIT 52
54 Resist All
127 regen/sec

Lidless Wall (shield)
Level 55
890 DEF, 16% chance to block
INT 68
VIT 54
Resist all 25%
ATK SPEED + 6%
226 Armor
7% Spectral Blade dmg bonus

Cindercoat (chest armor)
Level 54
DEX 45
VIT 49
Fire Resist 26%
Life +4%
Melee's take 334 dmg/hit
Monster kills grant +20 experience
2 Empty Sockets

Unstoppable Signet (ring)
31% Resist All
472 Life After kill
17% Extra Gold from Monsters
75 regen/sec
15% better chance of finding magical items

Reflective Star (Amulet, which I got with you)
Max dmg +18
INT 140
VIT 136
Phys. Resist 33%
12% Life
4% Reduced dmg from ranged attacks

Dread Horror (2-hand sword)
DPS 953.8
Max dmg +25
Arcane Dmg 53-120
Dmg %45
Atk speed +10%
2.20 % of dmg converted to life
-1 Fury for Hammer of the Ancients (Barb only)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

LIDLESS OMG

so, if I were to actually play this, what job should I level, like, whats best. Wizard or demon hunter? idk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 pm 
Black Thumb

DH is the DD of the D3 universe....Wiz has lots of survivability in comparison. I'd say one of those two, DH if you play with people who have a tank class.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:20 am 

Ploid told me that DH's are bitches, so I started working on my wizard! Though, I feel really weak right now (just hit act 3, level 25) maybe my gear is just junk, idk.

Also, who is who?

Ploid, Sieriem and Kuuyu are ez, but
Snail?
Brooks?
Tychimios?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:29 am 
Doesn't work without batteries

I am Tychimios. Snail is Dye. Brooks is VD.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 am 
Random Man

Ploid is Ploid.

Edit: Omg MRD way to rat me out. You wouldn't last a week in the mafia. Those words wasn't supposed to leave the cave.

For the record I meant that they are a bit more fragile and are pretty much built around not getting hit much. Though there are some melee/sturdy DH builds, it's just not popular.

You need Diamond skin, Frost nova, Teleport (to get out of tough spots, or to get into the crowd of enemies), and crit hit chance. Equipt critical mass passive and watch your cool downs turn into 1 second cool downs. Also in 3 levels you'll get your best defensive spell, Energy Armor. It really buffs your resistances and armor. You'll then be able to survive a lot more.

For now though just glass cannon it up since it's the easy parts of the game (normal mode). Worry about getting more defensive stuff for hell and inferno.

Here is something like what I used at that level http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/w ... !Yc!aa.Z.Z

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:04 am 

does weapon damage effect my spells? I've been using the frost/lightning armor, maybe thats why I feel like I'm killing so slow.

Other than that, been using the exact same build. I've also been playing in public games and end up 1-2 manning everything because people afk forever in town, but it also feels like I get exp faster. ijdk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:15 am 
Random Man

Yes Weapon Damage = everything, every damage spell, everything. Try to get one with int on it, also your source damage as well. A source with crit hit chance and ap on crit is good for later on.

Also about the DH thing, I was just going off of personal experience. I was a scrub DH, though I was a scrub Wiz too, but wiz had the ability to take a beating with the energy armor and diamond skin (add blur passive which adds 20% damage resist).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:31 am 

dude, energy armor is so badass. Went from useless to tanking the game when I dinged 28.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 am 
Random Man

The reason we get crap gear when farming.
http://youtu.be/GtAreSOCyDw

This was mostly touched here but the math and stats are gone in a bit more detail in this vid near the end. We have to hit the lotto power ball to get a good item.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:29 pm 
Random Man

The way Kripp makes his gold.

http://youtu.be/M8svPYxbi0o

Barb

I think I just beat Nightmare Act4 in 6 minutes or something. These tornadoes + a Level requirement reduced weapon are crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:30 am 
Random Man

Hmm

Quote:
Magic find affects the quality of items you acquire from killing enemies (but not treasure chests, vases, weapon racks, or other environmental objects). It doesn’t give you a chance to get more items on a given kill – instead, it increases the chance that an item you find will be magical, and more potent than it would be otherwise.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/i ... magic-find

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next