It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 pm 
Random Man

We need each other, you don't understand.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm 
Black Thumb

He's white, how could he understand?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm 
Bitter Canadian

I heard/read a study that said there's a disporpotionate amount of homosexual blax.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 pm 
Random Man

So I started playing way less of D3 and it's still managing to piss me off in a rage fashion. :pissed:

Forgetting about anything worth risking armor breaking dropping, I tried getting through the crap. Normal enemies, not too bad, elites? @$))%#()%&! and their hacked abilities. Horde arcane sentry ranged elites with shielding, and other awesome abilities that each one of them can use with a awesome cooldown of 5 seconds!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 pm 
Black Thumb

I've been so tired last 3 days that I've barely played, I do want to play more though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:23 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

I agree with Ploid. Normal mobs are cake and some elites go down easy but too often you run into an elite pack that is impossibly cheap. I don't mind a challenge but it is absurd and not fun. Plus, with the drop system the way that it is... I need to farm to get better gear but I need better gear to farm anything efficiently.

So, I have been playing Batman: Arkham City instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:10 pm 
Random Man

I have been getting ready for TL2 with TL1, I already know what class I'm going to be. Maybe a staff user since it seem like the best pet affix is on staff in this game.

I both love and hate the enchanter in this game. He broke so much of my good stuff, mainly because I was greedy though. In the end it's worth it.

Blizzard loves you

I didn't know D2 had 200% MF on one item.
"MF Swap is not a big issue, try these"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6020282006 <

Diablo devs are trying to figure out how to nerf MF gear swap, or MF in general.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am 
Geman Coast Guard

i'm not playing solo right now... still have to force myself to grind my monk to 60.
i usually just do farming runs with friends. aside from reflect damage mobs we kill everything pretty fast and smooth

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 am 
Random Man

I'm using a new build that lets me get one over on the cheap crap. It's all thanks to teleport/fracture (Use teleport and leave back 2 decoys. I use it just to get the decoys out most of the time. I still die but I can evade the spamming crap and 20 arcane sentries, and walls and and and.

This vid also help me understand how to separate packs to make them more manageable.
http://youtu.be/UrLeWqyhWAE

Here's the post about blizz's options on the MF nerf. Poor D2 players, already had to use less MF than what D2 offered, now they have to get used to even less. It already seem like Blizz has their minds made up, they just want to show the different options they had, they ignore all threads about this except for the ones agreeing with a certain method of nerf.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6583302 ... g-7_3_2012

This guy was a dedicated D2 player and now he's done with D3 (not having fun so he quit).
http://youtu.be/Aed55ZYRv4c Force does Starcraft 2 stuff. Seems like a familiar name

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am 
Black Thumb

Very hard to solo once you get into Act 2. Act 1 is hard enough. I've had some gear upgrades I'd love to try out...LOG IN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:55 pm 
Random Man

Spending today trying tos ell all my mule stuff for cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:12 pm 
Black Thumb

d2'n it up? LOOKS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE GOTTEN A SOJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:30 pm 
Random Man

Nah not my screen shot. Someone mentioned how they felt when they got these drops, and how they never felt anything close in D3.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm 
Random Man

This seems like truth spitting if I ever saw it. Vedder you are a business strategists let me know if this sounds like what's going on.

Quote:
Because Blizzard saw the life span of D2 lasting 10+ years, and the healthy trading scene that sprang up around it, they wanted a slice of that action so they monetized it. They imagined a scenario where D3 would also last 10 years, but this time it would be a constant source of revenue for them, for very little effort outside of server maintenance and occasional bug fixes etc.

In order to gain as much value from the player as possible and keep people playing, they needed to cockblock certain areas. Act 1, 2, 3, 4. They needed to slow the progress of the players. When people get to the end game too quickly, they're more likely to quit. And when they go, with them goes potential RMAH revenue.

They also needed decent drops to be rare as hell, because they don't want you getting too powerful. Look at legendaries and set items. Some people have played for 200 hours and haven't seen one of either. Go to the AH, it was there specifically placed to condition you in its use so you'd be more likely to use the RMAH.

They needed gear checks, not skill checks. Otherwise, people would just be side-stepping the barriers, finish the game and lose interest.

They also needed the stats on loot to be mundane so they had more control over how people used it. No crazy modifiers allowing for emergent gameplay. Again, that would give the player the edge, and shorten the length of time people would be playing, and that wasn't going to happen. And by starting off modestly, it gives them plenty of wiggle room to slowly add more interesting modifiers, gems, horadric cubes or whatever with content updates and expansions.

Throw in always online, no modding, blur filter, etc etc.

So, they made Diablo 3. What they didn't account for was the players lack of tolerance for all of that crap. Now their greed is biting them in the ass. I hate to sound raged, but really, fuck them and their anti-consumer, my way or the highway, protect their cash cow at any expense attitude.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 pm 
Black Thumb

I agree with it to an extent. It does need sustainability. Expansions are going to give it a lot more credibility down the line. One thing that would've been a complete red flag would've been subscription fees. I think the RMAH intimidates and alienates a LOT of people though, plus those who see the 'ethics' behind that type of decision with regard to their other gaming experiences.

Blizzard also aren't stupid, people need to realize that the game is less than 2 months old. FFXI for one changed the way things were done as far as drops go and I don't see any reason that won't happen again.

If there are defects in products, those companies will fix them. Rather than alienate customers for future products (Blizzard has a great reputation and they wouldn't want to ruin it) they can always do a fix. Can't imagine drop rates being difficult to adjust, even marginally. I don't get it though, people want to basically beat the game within 2 months of it? The article was right on, but it doesn't consider Blizzard's perspective in any way/shape/form.

The difficulty needs to be adjusted, not the drop rates. I think they should allow people to beat the game at this point; not completely dominate it. Alternatively, Blizzard will soon realize that they too will benefit from better drops. They get their cut off the RMAH also so they have further incentive to keep people happy.

I agree with that post on a lot of points but I feel as though it's very shortsighted in the grand picture. It's extremely emotionally written by someone who has clearly experienced frustrations playing. Maybe I'm just not that mad?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:33 pm 
Random Man

Diablo seem to be less about skill and more about gear checks to be allowed to advance. Gear should make things easier not to be required to make it possible. Did you guys need gear to get past stuff in D2 or was it to make killing easier and faster? I bet you could fight naked in D2 but if you try fighting with a few things broken (armor) or with empty slots (not normal mode) you'd be seriously gimping yourself. Gear is the main source of stats in this game. You get a measly 1-3 stat increase when you're leveling up. That might be normal now that I think about it (using BG2 Bioware game as a reference), but you can't control where those stats go.

Gear seem so much more important in this game than D2 it seems. Things will crush you if you don't have a right amount of resist all, or if you don't have the right amount of dps as a ranged glass cannon. Try to game the system and slowly kill stuff and encounter the wrath of rage. Sorry bro, nice try but buy better gear or stay in act 1 forever until that perfect roll of gear happens for you. Perfect roll as in making a useful piece of gear not the perfect godly broken gear. For a weapon you need 777 for item level (63 preferably), 777 for the stats you want (as DH dex, maybe resist all or vit), 777 for dps 800 - 700 would be ok I guess. Now when you finally get this level 63 2h bow you're looking at it as if it's nothing. You know your chance of hitting the jackpot are stupidly slim even though your chances of seeing it in the first pace is slim. You identify it and start going from bottom to top as you look at the stats.

Slot: Empty (nice)
Crit hit damage 90% (wow)
Dex 203 (mama)
Str 190 (armor, good good)
Weapon damage % 10 (ok)
30 - 200 Holy damage (hmm)

DPS 400 (#$)@#%&@)%@(*#(@~~?>???L>!!!!!) Whatever screw it, I knew it was going to suck anyway. So close though.

Yeah if the game didn't require so much to progress (do you have a reservation sir?) it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd like to have been content with my wd pets doing stuff in hell mode. When I bring them to inferno though, they are shown the door and I have to leave them behind. Darts are welcomed though :( Wizard gets vip treatment however :D. . . :(

I was thinking about leveling barb since it get to sit at the chef's table, with the right attire on of course. LoH, good damage weapon, great stats, nice HP, etc etc.

You saw that D2 screen shot and said it looks like a SoJ might have dropped. What if it was a crappy worthless roll SoJ? Is that even possible?

IlludiumQ36 wrote:

After 300 hours of getting a Wiz & DH to 60 and subsequent AI/AII Inferno runs, this dropped for me. Imagine my glee seeing a green chest armor on the ground. Now imagine my disdain reading these stats after identification. It's pretty much the same disdain I have every time I identify a rare.

The loot in this loot-centered game is absolute garbage. It's so frustrating because of the fact that it is a very fun game to play, especially with friends. The skills and experimenting with build combos has been entertaining. I've certainly gotten my value out of it, but not what I wanted out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:45 am 
Doesn't work without batteries

Where to start... the worst possible roll for a "Legendary" item in D2 would still be good. Unique items (the D2 Legendary) didn't have random stats with seemingly infinite possibilities like in D3. A Unique item had specific stats on it and the amount would vary. I think a soj was always the same stats though, the key one being the +1 to All Skills.

In D2, gear was not the end all be all. You could be the pimpest geared fool on in the universe but if your build was wack, you would probably struggle in Hell (highest of 3 difficulties). A good build was really a combination of good and well thought out gear choices, skill allocation and stat placemant. 5 stat points (4 catagories, Str/Dex/Vit/Energy) and 1 skill point per level with some side quests that granted skill points.

Early on in D3 development they decided that stats would be auto allocated on leveling to "make it more simple" and because everyone in d2, no matter class, pretty much allocated stats the same. Enough str for gear, enough dex for gear and/or enough dex to max block %, rest in vit... energy was a waste.

And yes, you could beat the game naked with Necro but it would be slow going at times. You could easily beat it with gear acquired during your own play though. Necro is a beast, but enough about D2.

One of my main problems with D3 is that I can't stream netflix on my laptop while playing... I can't do anything with my internet but D3 or it will lag horribly. It is the only online game that I've had a problem with while trying to stream movies on my other pc.

My only problem with the drop rate of items in D3 is that without NV, mf is pretty much useless. I roll with over 200 mf (which is a lot less than in D2 but you could get gear with a lot more mf in d2 than in d3 so its pretty much a wash) and rares are still impossible to find without NV and even with 2-4 elite packs can drop nothing. That being said, with NV, rares a plentiful and the real problem is in the complete randomness of stats and the plethora of low damage weapons that claim iLvl 60+ but aren't even good at lvl 30.

I had other points to make in regards to difficulty curve and elite pack cheapness but this is a wall o'text already so f it. Despite the problems, the game is still young. I've said it before but D2's expansion makes the game, so there is still a chance for d3 to improve.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 am 
Random Man

It's interesting that they didn't start off with knowledge accumulated after the success of the D2 expansion. I guess the reason why D3 may need a expansion to be fully realized is because they had to start over from scratch. Activision may have put coals of fire under their seats to get this game out when they did. They are fumbling on finishing Inferno.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:05 am 
Black Thumb

Hey about getting me better items.

Dear Smacktivision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMdsSwN ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 am 
Random Man

This may be a big troll but on the blizzard forums some guy said he was getting Justice Lantern Rings (legendary rings that usually have block chance % stat) by farming act 1 Hell with full NV. I was thinking about trying it but I don't know why it wouldn't drop for us in Inferno.

If things drop in Hell or lower with NV than in inferno that pretty broken. It's crazy enough to work though. Hmm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next