It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:32 pm 
Black Thumb

so helpful. I forgot about what I DON'T miss about MMORPG.

Quote:
Thank you for your contact regarding the Diablo III beta test.

As with other Blizzard Entertainment betas and test versions of our products, the Diablo III beta has very limited support provided. If you are experiencing an issue regarding the beta, please utilize the below resources to address your issue.

-If you are looking for more information regarding Diablo III and the development progress, please visit http://www.diablo3.com/. Any updates regarding the game will be posted there.
-If you need assistance opting into Blizzard Entertainment betas, please follow the instructions here: http://blizzard.com/support/article/betaoptin
-If you are having technical issues running, installing, or updating the Diablo III beta, please post on the Diablo III Beta Forums: PC - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3374140/ MAC - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3462866/
-For feedback regarding the Beta experience, or suggestions about the game, please post on the Diablo III Community Forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/
-For any issues regarding harassment, naming violations, or reporting other players, please use the in-game functionality for reporting players inside Diablo III, detailed here: http://blizzard.com/support/article/d3reporting

For any issues regarding our released titles or your Battle.net account, please feel free to contact Customer Support again. Our full contact information can be found here: http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

Whimso

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 pm 
Random Man

:( yeah horrible support sucks, still nothing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 am 
Black Thumb

That was the actual support e-mail they sent me. This is what I sent to them.

Quote:
The Diablo 3 Beta client keeps telling me that I do not have a Battle.net account. I have created and have the account (Oriole #1518) linked to my e-mail. I have also received Error 37's. As such I am uncertain what it is that is not allowing me to play; overcrowding of servers or my Battle.net account not allowing me to log in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 am 
Random Man

Dang, I was able to log on just now with no problem. Bliz give this man access!!!

Think it could be a firewall thing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 am 
Black Thumb

This is the screen I see when I log on

Edit: SS Text
Quote:
"A Battletag is required to play Diablo 3. A Battletag is how friends will find you and how you are seen on games and in Battle.net. You will now be redirected to the Battle.net web site to create your Battletag."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 am 
Random Man

When you go to battle.net and choose "Account" do you see your battle tag in the Account page?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 am 
Black Thumb

fix'd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:34 am 
Random Man

Hope you got a chance to play it, people are making it seem like the open beta was only for this weekend. If so I wonder if my beta will be gone too.

I noticed that a loooooot was changed when I tried going online just now. The game seems ready for store polished. New abilities, and everything. There's new stuff in the environment that wasn't there before that just makes it look more complete. I want to run through it one more time, but which class, aaahhh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I was bored so I played through the beta on a Monk.
Was kinda coo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:05 pm 
STFU

i Wonder if my brothers shitty computer can support this

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

I enjoyed the beta. There were some changes from d2 I'm not a fan of but there was enough to keep me interested in the game. Monk was a beast for me and will definitely be my first character. I tried witch doctor, demon hunter, and sorc/mage whatever its called. All 3 were slower killing and I actually died on the mage. I might have been rushing a little but the mage doesn't have good crowd control or high enough dmg early on. Co-op would probably help but I played solo.

The crafting system has me very interested. It seemed really useful at the early stages. Some of my monk's best gear at lvl 12 was from crafting. Also, I noticed that training the blacksmith (pay gold to train him and you get a couple recipes each time) on one character trained it for all. I leveled the blacksmith to 2 on my monk and when I started a new character I still had all the recipes available. At high levels crafted items might suck compared to rare drops, but who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:33 pm 
Black Thumb

It's not very graphically demanding, the game is pretty fun to play though. I can imagine it being way more fun playing with friends though.

I was playing a Demon Hunter, ended up getting to level 9 before the servers kicked me. Found this badass bow and more Magic Find items than I thought I would in a Beta (Magic Find is like Diablo's Treasure Hunter.) We definitely need to get a group of us together to play if you guys do plan on playing (I do). Sucks that we have to wait a few weeks before being allowed to play again...hope they don't nuke my shit.

Edit: About crafting, I foresee the rune words coming out stronger in the actual game, though I do really like the blacksmith option for making stuff. I spent my money very stupidly at first because my char was whack as fuck but he got stronger and it got a lot easier to save money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:36 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Even if they nuke our shit... I leveled monk solo in no time, so in a group it'd be even faster.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm 
Black Thumb

I care less about the leveling than the MF items I got, you know how big of a bitch those were to find before.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:54 pm 
Random Man

They WILL nuke your characters and all monies/upgrades. I have built up a resistance to the nuking so I'm used to it.

Btw when you add more people things get a lot harder. The enemies and difficulty is multiplied by the amount of people playing. Everyone has to focus because if they slack they are making it harder for their team. Now knowing that there is no support role/healers in diablo this is going to end in death if I'm on your teams.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:56 pm 
Black Thumb

so are drops iirc, see borderlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm 
Random Man

Yep drops are better. We'd farm drops by having one high level guy and the rest new level one characters to get the rare stuff. I don't remember the reason it worked but it did. Maybe because the low levels was there for a kill that was out of their league so they got a good reward? :dunno:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm 
Bitter Canadian

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for useless dead weight that rarely logs in and you guys carry the load for.
YOU WON'T FIND BETTER DEAD WEIGHT!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm 
Black Thumb

This is the type of game that you don't have to be online 24 hrs a day to get stuff done. Can get stuff done in like 30 minutes for the most part and it's all about drop luck. NM runs can net you awesome stuff and you can always go through by yourself.

Did anyone catch that gold seems slightly more useful than it was in D2? (in which it had like 0 use at all).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 pm 
Random Man

Didn't know how D2's gold was but I used gold a lot in beta. Upgraded my blacksmith to as far as I'd be able to use him (level 13 gear, any more would be useless). Training him is expensive. Also I bought magical weapons from the merchant to desynth and use the magic essence (forgot the name of the stuff you get from magic items desynth) to make my crafted blacksmith armor. Only when I ran out of magic items of my own to desynth though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next