It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Orgins
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:56 pm 
Random Man

Ploid wrote:
IGN UK wrote:
If ever a game supported repeated playthroughs, Origins is it. Your origin story colours the experience of the entire game – and no superlatives here, it really does. Whichever one you eventually choose, the world will shape and re-order itself around it, often with a subtlety that belies deeper choice. The kinds of interactions we had with the huge amount of powerfully realised NPCs felt so natural in response to our origin story it felt that the game could not possibly have played out in any other way.

A quick load of another character with a different background shows quickly how masterful Bioware has been in painting a world that reacts sublimely to your choices. These changes can be small, such as in the context of a minor side-quest that can still play out in one of a dozen ways, or it can be huge, impacting shocking twists and changing how events play out across all Ferelden and the varying fates of nigh on all the characters you meet.

The plot changes aren't as simple as "that guy dies", either. These interactions are governed by an interestingly-employed moral compass – or rather, a lack of one. A stark contrast against other RPGs, Origins features no such alignment indicator of good or evil actions, simply throwing you to the wind to work things out yourself. Often there are no such clearly-aligned decisions; just a moment of hand-wringing as you struggle to decide which option presented is the one that hopefully won't backfire too badly.

So not only will I want to play over again to try different classes/mixtures but the story will be different. Nice. Too bad I don't have a pwn pc.

Dude in the future you'll not only have a pwn pc (just ignore Dhil's PC pimpage) and you will totally play this game into the ground on it. Also you'll be able to fix the designs of the characters to look like their sacred ashes CG counterparts. Oh and people on PC mod the crap out of this game, adding loot, dungeons, and high end monsters (Faf?!!!). And the kicker, you bought the full DA:O + all DLC + the expansion Dragon Age Awakening, and DA2 for only $10 on pc. The future is awesome.

Video of you kiting a really tough sub boss after you let your tank die (you're still a noob).
http://youtu.be/Oe1GzGwH1sE

Images of your graphics settings (60 frames per second, 60 frames per second, etc etc).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Did you just talk to yourself?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm 
Black Thumb

Yes he did.

Is this game like Elder Scrollz?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 pm 
Random Man

lol VD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 pm 
Black Thumb

I only ask cause I prolly wouldn't play it...and yes I was serious. Even Fallout wears out its welcome after constant repetition.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Orgins
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 pm 
Random Man

The reason I laughed is because I thought you was doing a parody of a first page Sef post.

ItsSeflol wrote:
Is this like that gay ass Oblivion game?

I just read the whole thread after posting the pictures. It was answered in here to sef, actually he bought the game (got as a gift for xmas). Mef and Mira played it and such too. It's not like Oblivion though, just maybe the theme of the setting.

It's a party based game. You need a tank, a healer, and some dd. The tank can't do much dd unless it's a arcane warrior tank in which it's nearly immune to much damage with all of it's buffs up. The trick is to hold hate which you do with damage and aoe stuff.
http://youtu.be/Ckl6XIyD1Y4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 pm 

The game is prty fun story wise, battle system is kewl too. Can be pretty corny though.
I never did go back and play it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 pm 
Random Man

I remember skipping DA2 because it was said that it was worse than DA1, but with mods maybe that can be fixed. So far its interesting. The graphics look a bit weird compared to how DA:O look (rounder, smoother, nicer).

It's like the contrast is all weird making things look a bit too dark and flat also.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 pm 

DA2 had a way better battle system but a lame story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 am 
Random Man

Ok yeah I'm loving the DA2 fighting. "Love it when a plan comes together" - A-team style

Using nightmare difficulty since all other difficulties don't have friendly fire on. Friendly fire adds depth to the game, and makes it more fun. My darn Gambit system AI kept using their aoe stuff when I was in range though. I wish there was a gambit to tell them to not use aoe on the tank at least.

Ranger (archer) is so strong so far. Hitting for 100+ per arrow, while melee and spells do less, though most spells are aoe/contagious chain links.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 am 
Black Thumb

Hrm, price drop? Would check out if so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 pm 
Random Man

Console version is probably way too high, but the PC version went back to regular price. This is the best gaming deal I have ever bought it seems. So much game for $10, and like I said before in this thread, it has that FFXI level new job factor. There are so many ways to play these games. I played that Leliana's Song DLC about 4 times (because I couldn't find all of the items I needed for the reward armor, and because I kept losing to the end boss group. It was still fun though).

Looks like the console Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (all dlc, Dragon age: Origins, and the expansion Awakening) is $19.99

Dragon Age II seems to be the same price on Amazon. $40 if you're going all out with both.

The thing is I'm pretty sure you could have played the PC version on your laptop. It don't take much to run the games.

edit:

I gots new pets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8