It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 am 
Bitter Canadian

squeaky wheel gets the grease

Never played any of them, but could the ending really be that bad they have to re-do it??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 am 
Random Man

The ending seems to be the same no matter how you played the game. Only a slight difference in the color of stuff (blue, green, red) from what I understand. The game is all about choices and your choices effecting things. The ending was unsatisfying, not even a Animal House type description telling how and what characters did after the events of the ending.

"After the boom Bodycount started a rescue foundation to save all the kittens and found a place to live on the Scorched Beach of Canada."

"Sef being dead was a relief to the remaining survivors of Canada. His want for something exciting to happen cost too many lives. He failed in starting World War 3."

"Vedder now owns 300 banks, he's becoming slightly power hungry."

"Dhiloda."

I stopped playing ME3. I just have no motivation to continue on, especially hearing that the ending was so bad.

Also I have a feeling they designed the ending to make people want more answers (LOST tm*). "See the real ending in our $10 dlc. Just as planned, though we will pretend to be shocked that there's such a high demand for answers and a real ending.$$$$$$"

"Oh sorry for locking out a character on the disk that was meant to be used in the game, and making him day one unlock key dlc instead. Tee hee."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:51 am 
Random Man

Mass Effect Fans Donate $80,000 to Charity to Help Change the Ending of Mass Effect 3 #1
Fans of the Mass Effect Franchise recently donated $80,000 in a two week timespan to help increase awareness about a movement to help change the ending of Mass Effect 3.

Quote:
There is a group of people on the internet asking for changes be made to the way Mass Effect 3 ended. They are serious. They are so serious, in fact, that they've attached themselves to the Child's Play charity in the hope this makes them appear less "angry or entitled".

It doesn't work, of course, but bless them for trying.
The group, called "Retake Mass Effect", has a mission statement, which while acknowledging "it is the right of the writers and developers of the Mass Effect series to end that series however they see fit", very quickly goes on to "respectfully request additional endings be added", including "a heroic ending which provides a better sense of accomplishment".

There's a very big line to cross between being disappointed in the creative work of others and actively asking for it to be changed (or added to) to suit your own wishes. It never ceases to amaze me how often people don't see it.

Complain all you want about how a game ends, be as disappointed as your heart can humanly take, but don't ever start asking for story-telling by focus group. If you think game plots are bad now, wait until you see that dark future.
- http://kotaku.com/5893119/charitable-do ... s-effect-3

Here is another article by Destructoid where instead of atleast talking about the donations in a neutral manner, it's instead in a condescending and hostile tone.

Quote:
The arrogantly named "Retake Mass Effect" group has decided to offset the public bitching by raising some money for Child's Play, which fans are now cynically using to deflect criticism. I know this because Destructoid's tips line was spammed by emails from Mass Effect fans demanding we write about it for that very purpose.

Well ... here you are. Here's the story "proving" you're not entitled, which you earned by sending us emails implying you were entitled to it.

The group -- which was founded on the principle that Mass Effect 3's ending ruined an entire game series and undid all the fun everyone had -- raised over $26,000 for Child's Play in under 24 hours. It would've been more, but members were too busy seeking a public pat on the head for it.

So here's your post, which you wanted to offset what one tipster called our, "bashing the Mass Effect community through one-sided, poorly researched articles." Hopefully the undeniable positivity in this story will make you all feel better like the precious eggshell princes you are.
- http://www.destructoid.com/raging-mass- ... 3811.phtml

The tone from the gaming media and gaming 'journalists' has been relatively hostile even though fans have been putting their money where their mouths are instead of just an online petition. The charity drive has ended due to complaints it seems from Child's Play.

Quote:
As of today, I have set an end goal for our fundraiser at $80,000.

The very idea that we would even be able to reach that goal was a fever dream only a week ago. I don't believe anyone can or should consider this effort to have been anything but spectacularly successful. As evidenced by the statement from Dr. Myzuka yesterday, we have made our voices heard. Those of you here have taken special care to be heard in a polite, positive manner, and I believe that this is a major contributor to that success.

We have shown our sincerity and passion. We have brought positive attention to the Retake Mass Effect movement.

Make no mistake. This effort has been victorious.

I have been in contact with a manager at Child's Play. First, he wanted to stress how grateful they were for our efforts here, and the huge impact it will have in helping the charity. However, he pointed out that several sources are incorrectly assuming a link between the charity and the petition, or outright support of the petition by the charity. This has been a source of difficulty for them, and it has been requested that we wind this effort down. Again, I want to stress that the charity is not unhappy with our work, they are exceptionally pleased with what we have accomplished.

There will be conspiracy theorys regarding this. Many of the public statements by Penny Arcade have been dismissive or outright derogatory of our effort. I believe this is a failure on their part to understand our issues, but they are entitled to their opinion. Regardless, I want to stress that I do not believe for one second that this is an attempt by anyone at Penny Arcade to silence this movement.

I also want you all to know I am acting unilaterally in this decision. I have been provided many eloquent arguments against winding down the drive and I appreciate them. In the end, however, I believe that now is the time for this phase of the process to come to an close.

Retake Mass Effect is not over by any means; Dr. Myzuka's statement was welcome, but did not directly address our concerns. You have been heard. Now it is time to make sure they get the details right :)

I will be taking a break from BSN for a time. My sincerest thanks to everyone who has supported this effort whether through donations, publicity, or kind words. Special thanks to the core group here who kept this thread polite, positive, and on track.

I hope to soon have an archive of the comments made on the ChipIn page located at www.wewillholdtheline.org.

To everyone here - my thanks, and I salute you.

Sincerely,

Robb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:52 am 
Random Man

Full explanation of why the ending sucked. tl;dnw it contradicts the whole game/series.

http://youtu.be/6M0Cf864P7E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:36 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Ploid wrote:
"Sef being dead was a relief to the remaining survivors of Canada. His want for something exciting to happen cost too many lives. He failed in starting World War 3."

Wait..have we talked about this before how I love when bad shit happens because it makes the world temporarily amusing? For example, the tsunami in Japan was awful, but the constant threat of the nuclear reactors blowing up was awesome. Not that I wanted them too, but a potential pandemic is cool..til it actually happens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

I'm glad I decided to wait for a price break on ME 3. Though, I'm kind of tempted to buy it just to see how horrible the ending is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Ploid wrote:
"Dhiloda."

of the 4 stories, this was my fav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:07 am 

Rayman Origins is fuckin great and its only 30 bucks. The wifey and I were playing it for a few hours, fun multiplayer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:58 pm 
Black Thumb

just started fallout 3 last night; already it's one of the best games I've ever played. 2nd tier behind MGS imo but whoever said it's skyrim with guns was right...I like this a lot better though.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:31 am 

Mario Party 9 is pretty gewd, just as fixed as the rest of them though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:48 am 
Random Man

Fallout 3 is indeed awesome. New Vegas is great too, but F3 is bigger. I hate those death claws in New Vegas. They are too hard to kill.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:33 pm 
Black Thumb

Yeah I'm basically at 20 right now (I have all of the expansions so no cap yet). I haven't played in 2 days but I did the one expansion and my dude got way too strong, I never die.

It's a pain in the ass to get places in this game though, I spent a few hours just walking around grabbing map markers to make sure that I was able to fast travel more easily. Even Skyrim was faster with the fkn horse.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 pm 

All this Fallout 3 talk made me pop it in today. I picked up where I left off awhile ago on my 2nd character who is pure evil (my first time I was good). I went around enslaving people.

Anywho, I check out the dlc prices since I only have Broken Steel, and it would cost 40 bucks for them all. What a rip off, I guess I'll pick up the GotY for half that. Any idea if the saves will transfer? Probably not. They should have repriced the dlcs once the GotY came out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm 
Random Man

<PC version

:mrgreen:

This thread might make me go back into this game with newer mods and from square one. I bet a lot of new stuff is out now. Get the pc version GOTY edition, it should be like $10 somewhere. Console version are expensive.

Last edited by Ploid on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 pm 

OH snap! fuck yeah. Totally forgot about the pc version. Ploid ftw again!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm 
Random Man

Place to get mods on the pc version.
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/

Instructions on how to set up modding the pc version.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:55 am 
Black Thumb

GOTY is $20 Gamestop exclusive for console. No idea whether the save will transfer but it took me like 5 days to get to level 15.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:11 am 
Random Man

It should transfer, the goty version is just the game with the dlc stuff on the disk already.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 pm 
Black Thumb

I built one of the railway rifles and I've gotta say it has produced some of the most brutal and awesome kills in VATS. When the slow-mo follows the railroad tie right through the target's head I doubt there's anything more awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 am 

Fallout 3 looks 10x better on my pc with the settings maxed then the ps3 version. I can't wait to get some of these mods working. I haven't had luck with the FOMM yet. Hopefully, I won't have to do it manually.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 46  Next