Post subject: SWTOR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:56 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Anyone playing this, or tried it?

Haven't been on forums forever!

Post subject: Re: SWTOR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 pm 
Bitter Canadian

A friend of mine plays it, but idk what server or his vidya name.. I want to say his server is fatman or something like that though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:49 pm 
STFU

da fk is SWTOR

himrd :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 am 
Hexabox Aspirant

I uninstalled right after seeing the character creation. gtfo ugly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Hi kuuyu

The graphics in the game are actually quite awesome. Got my lisence back and haven't played it in 2 weeks though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53 am 
Black Thumb

no hot chix lutia?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

played a free weekend. it was ok, but pretty easy and the first planets are pretty empty.
also looked at a few instances... looked pretty chaotic

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm 
Cock atrice

I know I'm late but my advice would be to pass on this game!

I played from beta up until February. Even tho it's an MMO, you'll spend a majority of your time soloing until max level. The story for most classes are great and the voice acting is top notch. You'll love the effort they put into the class quests. The regular quests around the world are forgettable and seem filler in comparison.

You'll get npc companions every so often which you can call anytime to join your party. Group size is 4, so if you have more than 4 people in your party then you can't use. But this allows you to basically "solo" anything you want outside of dungeons. I view it as a pro and a con. A pro, because you don't need to rely on people to get something done; a con because it becomes a single player game. You'll realize this when you actually want to party with people, but the ignore you/choose not to since they don't need to. Kinda ruins the community feel of the game.

The game has some serious FPS issues on high end machines when there are 20+ people gathered (mostly pvp, see almost any Illum video on youtube).

Also, once you hit 50 (took me about 2weeks of casual play after work, 1-2hrs a day), at least back when I stopped in Feb, the only things to do were to pvp (in 3 "battlegrounds"), raid (2 raids at launch, I believe), or go back to each of the planet's you've been to and do "Daily's".

For raids, there are multiple difficulty modes. On normal mode, you can get fully geared in epics within about 1-2 runs. From my experience, when you loot a boss, you have a chance at getting the item directly just be clicking on him, instead of rolling vs other people in the raid. Definitely an improvement from past MMOs. I can't speak for the harder version.

For pvp, there were a number of issues... from Balance issues (which is an issue in most new MMOs), faction imbalance issues (Republic almost always gets owned by Imperial), and a problem with PUG groups constantly getting owned by pre-mades ( I know this isn't uncommon in games but with the heavy weight on Gear > Skill in this game, it gets frustrating real fast losing game after game because your attacks do nothing to someone; let alone a whole team). They are working on including a Ranked pvp option to combat this issue.

Outside of your Main class story, your decisions, whether light or dark, mean nothing in the game. You're going to more or less do the same quest regardless if you're mean or nice to the person via your dialogue choices.

A good incentive to play this game is to level a class to 50 for the story, then level an alt and experience that class's story.. and so on. Outside of that, it's WoW's gameplay but in the Star Wars universe.

Also to note, you get your own Ship, which is kinda like your mog house where all your companions will reside. You can also do this Star Fox like minigame with it too.

TLDR; This game is a poor attempt at mimicking WoW but with a Star Wars theme. If you like the star wars universe and playing alts after you hit max level, give it a shot.