It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Articles
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm 
Black Thumb

Tide can actually get that black market stain right out of your shirt!

People have apparently been stealing laundry detergent like it's nobody's business.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/12/po ... ent-theft/

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Yorke wrote:
Tide can actually get that black market stain right out of your shirt!

People have apparently been stealing laundry detergent like it's nobody's business.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/12/po ... ent-theft/

I saw this on the cbs news this morning. They didn't explain why though. Just that it is a bit pricey and a popular household brand. Can you make drugs with it or something or is Tide just that good?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 pm 
Bitter Canadian

just read this and friend with me said he heard some story about an old lady making meth out of soap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm 
Bitter Canadian

all I could find was this, something about cold pills and lithium batteries, but nothing abut soap
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/the ... id=1123630
lolmethheads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

They could at least fucking use it once in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:47 am 
Bitter Canadian

Nuclear stockpile control systems constantly hacked? So far so good!
http://gizmodo.com/5895033/us-nuke-stoc ... ant-attack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:21 am 
Random Man

Reminds me of Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest
http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-bo ... 37742.html

Quote:
ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

My across the street neighbors have been trying to get me to go to a neighborhood watch meeting for the longest (putting fliers in my windshield and passing me one when I'm cutting grass). Maybe I need to go so people know I live around here O.o I don't live in a gated area though.

Edit: The 911 call the kid was screaming all the way until the gun shots ; ; sad man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHaUQ_ddb0Q

Edit: Reading more and more on this whole situation (police are protecting the shooter), I just feel like I need to up my Protect "Myself From The Man" game. Stay on my property only (no sidewalks, no jogging on the roads, even on bright cloudless days). The shooter wasn't check for intoxication, but it was suggested the kid was on drugs... The shooter was told not to pursue the kid 2 times, and he ignored it and is claiming he shot in self defense.

I'm glad I grew up in a black neighborhood since I live in the south. Who knows what could have been, and the main reason this guy has any chance of being tried in court is because of the internet and the media. Social networking isn't only helping undeveloped countries expose corruption, but it may be helping the undeveloped south part of America expose corrupt cops possibly (may still recover from this and the shooter may get off on a self defense claim).

Bodycount, tension! (some black people on the net are fired up over this)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:21 pm 

"Trayvon only has skittles."
:plain:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 pm 
Bitter Canadian

That whole story is miserable.
Guy should burn. They have the death penaly in Florida right??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 am 
Black Thumb

I agree, kid was only 17...that's disgusting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:40 am 
Random Man

Police chief may lose his job because of the sloppy work they did. They probably wasn't covering for the shooter just that they closed the case without doing much, if any, investigating work to make sure it wasn't homicide. It was raining so sprinkling crack on him would be ineffective (they did send a narcotic investigator on that night instead of a homicide investigator after all).

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2 ... dence.html

Quote:
SANFORD, Fla -- The many missteps in the Trayvon Martin investigation that may cost this small town’s police chief his job started with semantics.

The boy’s father says police depicted George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot an unarmed Miami Gardens teenager while on his nightly patrol, as “squeaky clean.” Then Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee told an Orlando TV station that the gunman didn’t have a criminal record — technically true: Charges in the shooter’s 2005 felony arrest, which the chief did not mention, had been dropped.

Now Chief Lee, who came on the job just 10 months ago for $102,000 a year to clean up a department tainted by racial scandals, finds himself under fire in what promises to be one of the most explosive law enforcement cases of the year. For weeks, black leaders have called for the firing of Lee, a Sanford native with a three-decade career in law enforcement whose father once ran the nearby black neighborhood’s convenience store.

In a 3-2 vote Wednesday night, the Sanford City Commission gave the chief a vote of no confidence, adding to the mounting national pressure to oust him.

What began as misunderstandings, technicalities and poor word choice mushroomed into what critics are calling a deeply flawed investigation, which is now being looked at by state and federal agencies.

“I’ve never thought the chief was a racist or anything. It’s more of a lack of experience and a lack of leadership,” said Commissioner Velma Williams, who advocated that the chief resign to quell tensions before a rally next week, timed for Monday’s city commission meeting.

Mayor Jeff Triplett told reporters afterward that he voted against the chief over his management and “communication.” City manager Norton Bonaparte Jr. told reporters that he would not make a decision about the chief’s fate until he learns from an independent law enforcement agency what mistakes police might have made. This week the U.S. Department of Justice, the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement launched their own investigations.

Phone records have not yet been inspected, witnesses’ calls were allegedly not returned and the criminal record of the shooter was not checked until the morning after the shooting — what experts call examples of sloppy police work that undermined the police department’s credibility and could hamper a future prosecution. Together, gaffes big and small helped foster Trayvon’s family’s belief that investigators were out to protect the accused.

“Basically, from day one, we didn’t feel that the police were doing a thorough investigation,” said Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, a Miami-Dade truck driver. “They were taking Zimmerman’s word that he didn’t murder our son.”

So many legislators, online petitioners, national civil rights leaders and even celebrities have denounced the inquiry that the city manager — the only one who can fire Lee — made the chief respond to the most frequent criticisms in writing. He posted Lee’s answers on the city’s website.

Among the allegations:

• As evidence that the incident was not a case of racial profiling, Lee told The Miami Herald that when the police dispatch operator asked Zimmerman the race of the suspicious person he saw, the Hispanic neighborhood watch captain did not know. Yet when the recording of that conversation was made public, Zimmerman clearly says, “he looks black.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:48 am 

Prostitution law: Ontario's top court allows brothels, but soliciting ruled illegal

Quote:
Sex workers should be able to conduct business in homes and brothels, and to hire security so long as the relationship is not exploitative, but communicating for the purposes of prostitution should still be considered illegal, the province’s top court has ruled.

On Monday morning, Ontario’s Court of Appeal released its decision on a landmark 2010 ruling that saw three prostitution laws struck down – one governing bawdy houses, another pimping and the third communicating to sell sex services.

The five-judge panel sided with Ontario Superior Court Justice Susan Himel’s decision to strike down the law governing bawdy houses, calling it unconstitutional and “overly broad.”

They also agreed the law dealing with “living on the avails” of prostitution was unconstitutional, but chose to amend it, saying that the prohibition would still apply “in circumstances of exploitation.”

Three of the five judges, however, disagreed with Himel when it came to communicating for the purpose of prostitution in public, choosing to uphold that law and saying the judge made “several errors” when she chose to strike it down.

If the decision stands, its effects won’t be felt right away. The court stayed its judgment for 30 days to allow both sides time to appeal, and suspended their ruling on bawdy houses for one year to allow Parliament the chance to redraft legislation. The ruling gave 30 days before the amended living on the avails provision comes into force.

It would give prostitutes the option to move indoors, where it can be much safer than working on the street.

“Prostitution is a controversial topic, one that provokes heartfelt debate about morality, equality, personal autonomy and public safety. It is not the court’s role to engage in that debate,” said the decision, adding that it was the panel's role to determine whether the provisions were unconstitutional. It is up to Parliament to respond with new legislation, the decision said.

After the ruling was released Monday, Ontario Attorney General John Gerretsen said the province wants to study the prostitution decision and said “the matter may very well be appealed to the Supreme Court of Canada.”

Asked if he thought the Ontario public would accept brothels, Gerretsen replied “I somehow doubt it…that’s only my personal opinion at this point in time.”

The province hasn’t had time yet to study Monday’s ruling in detail.

“Our main concern is that people feel safe in their communities, feel safe in their homes, and that this kind of an issue may well need legislative action” from the federal government, Gerretsen said, noting the prostitution law is part of the Criminal Code of Canada.

“It’s something that we take very seriously. We want to talk to our federal counterparts on this. It’s their criminal law that basically was called into question here and they’re the people that will have to deal with this issue if any legislative action is taken,” the attorney general told reporters.

“The current law…I think has served Canadians well. And that’s now been called into question….It requires an awful lot of thought as to what the next steps should be.”

In Sept. 2010, Himel ruled that laws meant to protect women and residential neighbours actually endanger sex workers’ lives and violate their rights. Her 131-page decision, based on 27,000 pages of evidence, didn’t come into effect, and was stayed, giving the government time to appeal.

Himel found that prostitutes, particularly those who work on the street, are at a much higher risk of violence. She concluded the law which prohibits communicating for the purpose of prostitution in public placed street prostitutes in danger because they couldn’t properly screen their clients. This outweighed the goal of combating social nuisance, she argued.

Three of the appeal court judges said that the argument for striking down the law didn’t meet the test for “gross disproportionality” and implied that Himel failed to recognize “(s)treet prostitution is associated with serious criminal conduct including drug possession, drug trafficking, public intoxication and organized crime.”

Justices Jim MacPherson and Eleanore Cronk disagreed, with MacPherson writing that the provision has a “devastating” impact on the right to life and security of the person for the most vulnerable group.

“The world in which street prostitutes actually operate is a world of dark streets and barren, isolated, silent places. It is a dangerous world, with always the risk of violence and even death,” he wrote, adding regret that his colleagues did not come to the same conclusion.

The panel deliberated for nine months. In June, it heard the arguments in defence of prostitution laws by Ottawa and Queen’s Park, and against from lawyers representing three sex workers, who launched the initial constitutional challenge on a shoestring legal budget.

The province argued that the legislation should be upheld because it promotes “the proper functioning of society” – one that values dignity and equality – and sends a message that disapproves of buying and selling sex.

The federal government made the case that the laws send a message to Johns and pimps that they engage in such activity at their own peril and that prostitution does psychological harm.

Several women’s groups supported the government’s case.

Later Monday morning, sex worker advocates were mixed in their reaction to the ruling.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/art ... ed-illegal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 pm 
Black Thumb

you can be a whore as long as you have a whorring license

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 pm 
lolmithrapld

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 218484.ece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 am 
Black Thumb

I TOLD YOU TO MAKE SURE MY FRENCH ONION SOUP WAS AN ACCEPTABLE TEMPERATURE, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, RIGHT???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 am 
Bitter Canadian

those hardcore muslims are such hopeless romantics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:22 am 
Black Thumb

french onion soup does sound good now though doesn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:36 pm 

Who needs a guide? :plain:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 pm 
Bitter Canadian

not everyone is born romantic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 am 
Black Thumb

http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/sp ... al-apology

Spike Lee is a retard...I realize it's a shitty thing but my lord are you kidding me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next