It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Articles
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Yorke wrote:
kinda pretty ;[

ugh?...

:puke:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:59 pm 
Random Man

I.E. She is white, isn't old, and isn't obese. I kid, I kid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:28 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Yorke wrote:
kinda pretty ;[

I thought I could take the things you say seriously
Now ijdk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:58 pm 
Random Man

How about now? You know what they say, Potoshop can make anything look better.?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 am 
Bitter Canadian

http://www.styleswept.ca/2012/02/is-cam ... oblem.html
lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:20 am 
Random Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:36 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

oh my fuck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:00 am 
Black Thumb

I said kinda, get off my balls you overachievers.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:47 am 

We all know what you grilly meant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:48 am 
Bitter Canadian

In Vedder's defence, everyone probably would have smashed that when they were 15.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 am 
Random Man

I would have been accused of taking advantage of her so I wouldn't. Her face shape kinda reminds me of Famke Janssen

I would have took the risk with Famke. I remember her on the show Nip Tuck where she took advantage of the doctor's son. Lucky kid, too bad in the story she's portrayed as a man who had surgery to become a woman. That doctor achieved legendary status, her bikini scenes didn't look like a man body and I'm sure they could have done CG work to make it look somewhat like a dude. When watching hangover 2 the moment that Tai guy dropped his robe I immediately knew he was a dude.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 pm 
Black Thumb

famke is so fucking hot it's ridiculous...she's worth any risk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 pm 
Random Man

Night in the cells accidentally became two years in solitary

Stephen Slevin was driving along a rural highway in southern New Mexico in August 2005 when traffic police pulled him over and arrested him on suspicion of drink-driving, along with a string of other motoring offences.

By the time all of the charges against him were dismissed and Mr Slevin was released from custody, it was 2007. For reasons that remain unclear, officials had forced him to spend the intervening two years in solitary confinement.

During the ordeal, he claims to have been denied access to basic washing facilities for months at a time. He'd lost a third of his body weight, grown a beard down to his chest and was suffering from bed sores. Prison officials had also ignored his pleas to see a dentist, forcing him to pull out his own tooth. They declined other requests for attention, including an audience with a mental health professional. He duly became delirious and says that by the time of his release he'd "been driven mad".

This week, a jury in Albuquerque ordered Dona Ana County, which was responsible for incarcerating Slevin without trial, to pay $22m (£14m) in compensation. It was the largest award ever granted to a US prisoner whose civil rights have been violated.

"Prison officials were walking by me every day, watching me deteriorate," Mr Slevin, who still from suffers post traumatic stress disorder, told reporters. The court heard how he was originally arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and "receiving a stolen vehicle". He was thrown into solitary confinement after officers learned that he suffered from depression and decided he might be suicidal.

Matthew Coyte, a civil-rights lawyer who represented Mr Slevin, now 58, during the six-day trial, said he was then "forgotten" and left to "decay".

In letters to staff at Dona Ana County Jail, Mr Slevin claimed to be depressed and unable to sleep in the solitary "pod" there. As time went on, he told them he'd begun hallucinating. No doctor was called, but at the behest of a prison nurse, who had a bachelor's degree in psychology but no medical qualifications, he was given some sedatives. It wasn't until June 2007 that Mr Slevin went before a judge, at which point he was immediately released into the mental health system on the grounds that he was by then incapable of participating in his own defence.

The case throws an uncomfortable light on the use of solitary confinement in the US justice system. At present, an estimated 50,000 inmates are housed in such circumstances, sometimes for years at a time. Dona Ana County had previously offered Mr Slevin $2m to drop his compensation case. It pledged to appeal the $22m award, saying: "we believe we have strong legal issues to raise."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:20 pm 

Crazy but poor grammar in the article makes me assume that it's fake, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 pm 
Random Man

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 95937.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm 

Maybe we really should have a sarcasm font.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 pm 
Random Man

I forgot to add source anyway, and you're serious often.

Dude should be rich, but at the cost of his sanity.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:48 pm 
Black Thumb

holy shit that's bad...which is why I group NM with Texas for stupidity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:44 pm 
Random Man

Lady makes her husband miss the super bowl to take her to dinner.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stacey-ta ... 54523.html

Quote:
On Sunday, as fans of football and fans of commercials gather round the TV, my husband will be sitting with me at a devastatingly romantic restaurant. Our reservation is at 8pm, smack-dab in the middle of the game, and admittedly, this was not his first choice of plans. But before you judge me as a demanding, insensitive wife, I should explain: It's our anniversary. Our first anniversary.

We knew last year this would be an issue. When we were deciding on wedding date, I suggested February 5 because it wasn't going to be a busy traveling weekend and we both agreed that we wanted a winter wedding. (It would be in Houston, and a sweaty bride in a white dress taking pictures outdoors was not an option.) My husband's immediate response to this date: "But wait, Babe, the next day is the Super Bowl. We need to think about this." Josh has been a freelance photographer for Sports Illustrated and ESPN the Magazine and has actually been on the field for a Super Bowl, so I understood that this was a big deal for him. And yet I wasn't going to let a football game -- even the football game -- get in the way. We went ahead with that plan, he watched the game at my parents' house the next day and life was (and is) beautiful.

This year, as the season went along, I started to realize that Super Bowl might actually continue to be a threat. Not only would it be the same weekend this year, it would be the same day. Josh is a huge Houston Texans fan, so when they made the playoffs for the first time, I decided to be the Cool Newlywed Wife and make a deal with him: If his team made it to the Super Bowl, we could celebrate the day before. I hate to admit this, but I then secretly rooted for the other team -- the team whose name I couldn't tell you but that (thank goodness) -- ultimately won.

Before you start throwing rotten tomatoes, know that I make my fair share of sacrifices for my husband. Every weekday, I get up before 6:30 am to take the dog out because Josh has trouble sleeping. Plus, he gets back/foot rubs almost any time he because I know that his photo work is very physical and requires lots of strength.

I understand that this is just our first anniversary and there will be many more, but to me, this is a milestone worth celebrating. Just ask Kim Kardashian. Josh and I both agree that marriage is about compromise and wanting to make each other happy. (Gwyneth Paltrow agrees too, as we learned this week.) In Josh's ideal world, we would watch the game while enjoying pizza and beer with our buddies. In mine, we would watch no football and do what many women apparently would prefer to do on Super Bowl Sunday. But he wanted me to be happy so he agreed to our dinner reservation. And I wanted to make him happy so I agreed to get to the restaurant early and watch the game for 90 minutes at the bar. Besides, the black leather dress I plan on wearing Sunday night trumps Giants uniform spandex any day of the week.

Women and their tests/games. If she was acting like that before being married I'd get rid of her. How could it be too hot for a wedding in summer, even if it's in texas, it's a white dress, the coolest color to use (black surface holds heat). Also she could have compromised and worn a more summer cut dress, I think she just wanted to get hitched asap before dude changed his mind. Or she wanted it to be around the super bowl because she had the power to make him go along with it.

"before you judge me as a demanding, insensitive wife"

"sweaty bride in a white dress taking pictures outdoors was not an option"
"I understood that this was a big deal for him. And yet I wasn't going to let a football game -- even the football game -- get in the way."
"I then secretly rooted for the other team"

That poor guy is screwed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 pm 

This article has nothing to do with anything. The only reason she wrote it was to be an attention whore.
No one gives a shit about her personal life, she just did this to get a rise out of people and get the focus on her.
She's not the only wife to ever do this, and I hope she gets hit by a bus.
Not because she's not letting her husband watch the game, I don't give a rats ass about that, really it's his fault. I hope she gets hit by a bus because she's the type of faggot that takes slutty-angled-retarded-bar-chick pictures of her and her friends and then gets pissed when people call her a whore on Facebook.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next