It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SOPA Sleep for now?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:30 am 
Random Man

Heard what got shot down? The site? If so it seems like it's ran by the company or comedy central. It has normal commercial breaks.

As for me liking SP, I'm so so on it. This episode was brought to my attention because of a SOPA post posting a link to this site because it updated a clip from this episode. The other time I watched SP was when Sef posted a picture of the future kids all being the same color and same look in a floating car. I do find some of the episodes funny, but I don't watch tv enough to be a fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:31 am 
Bitter Canadian

last I read the SOPA bill was shot down and sent back to the lower house or whatever you americanos call it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 am 
Black Thumb

I heard SOPA got shot down...I heard it from an extremely nerdy dude I'm friends with and he informed me of it

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:36 am 
Random Man

It's sleeping, the entertainment industry will resurrect SOPA and PIPA (if it gets shot down) until it's passed. They have the money, and money = power. It's their world (well adding Exxon, and such super powers) we just feed them.

Also when new people are put in offices they can have another go at it. It's only a matter of time I think. The future is going to suck I bet. Already we have no hope with the hover boards. We'll have better more expensive products like Iphone 8 but internet will still suck because cable or something can't keep up so they try to block other tech from being so good (like they try to with satellite tv).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 pm 
Random Man

Megaupload dead

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 48408.html

FBI Charges Seven With Online Piracy
By DEVLIN BARRETT

WASHINGTON--The Federal Bureau of Investigation moved against a group of suspected online pirates Thursday, targeting the popular file-sharing website megaupload.com a day after Washington lawmakers were besieged by complaints about legislation designed to crack down on the online sharing of pirated copies of music, movies and other material, people familiar with the matter said.

Investigators said there was no connection between arrests in their two-year investigation and the political firestorm that erupted this week over a pending vote on the Stop Online Piracy Act.

Seven people have been charged with online piracy crimes in an indictment unsealed in northern Virginia. Four of those suspects are already in custody, authorities said.

The four were arrested in New Zealand. Federal agents and other law enforcement agencies simultaneously moved to search bank records and server farms in multiple locations around the globe, authorities said. The charges include conspiracy to commit racketeering and criminal copyright infringement.

MegaUpload.com is already engaged in a legal fight with Universal Music Group over a promotional video featuring some UMG artists.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:12 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Ya...I'm probably just going to hang myself.
IceFilms is boned so I may as well tell you all what I really think of you:
VD: you're black.
Plois: you're white.
BC: you have red hair or something.
And the rest: you're clearly not important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:37 pm 
Random Man

The thing is, I just found about ice stream android app (Icefilms app). It worked awesomely but now it's done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 pm 

Seriously without internet tv I don't really see the point in living.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm 
Bitter Canadian

the fuck
A GINGER?!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm 
Bitter Canadian

first america ruins the internet and now this

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 am 
Random Man

This is war!

"Anonymous Goes on Megaupload Revenge Spree: DoJ, RIAA, MPAA, and Universal Music All Offline

Anonymous has sure been quiet lately, but today's federal bust of Megaupload riled 'em up good: a retaliatory strike against DoJ.gov (and plenty of other foes) leaving them completely dead.

DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com is reporting the department's site as universally nuked, and an Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account is boasting success. This is almost certainly the result of a quickly-assembled DDoS attack—and easily the widest in scope and ferocity we've seen in some time. If you had any doubts Anonymous is still a hacker wrecking ball, doubt no more.

The combination of the hacking nebula's SOPA animosity—they've been a vocal opponent of the bill since its inception—combined with today's sudden Megaupload news has made the group bubble over: hundreds upon hundreds of Anon operatives are in a plotting frenzy, chatting about which site will go down next. In Anon's eyes, the government and media interests are responsible for the undue destruction of Megaupload (and the arrest of four of its operators), so it'll be exactly those entities that're feeling the pain right now. Pretty much every company that makes movies, TV, or music, along with the entirety of the federal government, is in Anonymous' crosshairs.

Update: Anonymous says they've also knocked off the RIAA's site—looks down for us at the moment as well.

Update 2: Universal Music Group has also fallen off an e-cliff.

Update 3: Goodbye for now, MPAA.org.

Update 4: Affected sites are bouncing in and out of life, and are at the very least super slow to load. Anon agents are currently trying to coordinate their DDoS attacks in the same direction via IRC.

Update 5: The US Copyright Office joins the list.

Update 6: This Anon sums up the mood in their "official" chat room at the moment:

Quote:
Danzu: STOP EVERYTHING, who are we DoSing right now?

Update 7: Russian news service RT claims this is the largest coordinated attack in Anonymous' history—over 5,600 DDoS zealots blasting at once.

Update 8: the Anonymous DDoS planning committee is chittering so quickly, it's making my laptop fan spin.

Update 9: Major record label BMI is down for the count.

Update 10: La résistance est international—French copyright authority HADOPI bites the dust under Anon pressure."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 am 
Black Thumb

HOW BOUT THEM APPLES

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 am 

HEADSHOT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:12 am 
Bitter Canadian

Anonymous wins an internet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 am 
Random Man

Filesonic.com is hit now. You can only do private sharing now.

Edit: Another site cleans up it's act.

Quote:
Another file sharing website has reacted to the recent MegaUpload arrests and website suspension. This time Fileshare has decided to take action to clean themselves of any wrong doing by suspending accounts associated with piracy en masse.

Many users are signing in to their accounts today, only to find they’ve had their accounts suspended due to a violation of the Terms and Conditions. They’ve also shut down their rewards program, which allowed users to make money by uploading files and sharing the links with “friends and family”.

It’s unclear whether accounts involved with the rewards program are also being suspended as well.

This morning another popular file sharing site, FileSonic closed off its services, only allowing users to download files from their personal accounts.

MegaUpload was shut down on Friday morning and several people involved with the site were charged with violating piracy laws. The site was accused of costing copyright holders over $500 million in lost revenue from pirated music and other content. The shut-down came only a day after websites such as Wikipedia and Reddit shut down services in protest of proposals (SOPA/PIPA) intended to stop online piracy.

MegaUpload, which launched in 2005 and is one of the most popular “locker” services on the Internet, lets users anonymously transfer large files — and has generated $175 million in income for its operators through subscription fees or advertising.

Hacktivist collective Anonymous retaliated by taking down a number of music, film, copyright and government websites, inlcluding Universal Music and BMI (which is responsible for collecting license fees on behalf of songwriters).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm 
Bitter Canadian

who needs legislation anyways

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:01 pm 

"Quick, no ones looking and they think they won! Let's shut it all down now!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 pm 
Black Thumb

you sunk my battleship

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 am 
Random Man

It's looking good.

Whitehouse responds on SOPA
Combating Online Piracy while Protecting an Open and Innovative Internet
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#! ... e-internet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also

Investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery after he publicly admited to bribing politicans to pass legislation.

Quote:
Recently on FOX News former Senator Chris Dodd said (as quoted on news site TechDirt), "Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake," This is an open admission of bribery and a threat designed to provoke a specific policy goal. This is a brazen flouting of the "above the law" status people of Dodd's position and wealth enjoy.

We demand justice. Investigate this blatant bribery and indict every person, especially government officials and lawmakers, who is involved.

They have enough signatures and the whitehouse has to look into it. Nothing may come of it but it's interesting to watch this war, and how a ton of people don't want anyone messing with their internet. I didn't sign it, too lazy to make an account, and I'm black lolpolitics.