It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 pm 
Black Thumb

Just bought a house in Whiterun since the house is RIGHT next to the smithing/smelter/tanning rack/etc.

Now begins the painstaking process of moving all my stuff from the THF Guild cupboard to my house ;[

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 pm 
Black Thumb

Welp, just got Smithing to 100 and I discovered that there's no way I am going to have any issues with gold anymore. It costs basically 15k to get there from 30ish I'd say and when you do, improving items you can find basically anywhere can make you an absolute ton of money.

Improving weapons like that basically means they're twice as strong. Legendary weapons are going to make fights so much easier I can't believe it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:07 am 
Random Man

I started modding my Skyrim.

You sound so rich in the game. I hover around 6k at best. I don't have all available spells. When I fight I do it bst style, I send in the pets and they keep at it until the threat dies. Summoning them cost me nothing pretty much. The best gear I have are the magic refresh speed stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:54 am 
Random Man

Skyrim Timelapse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQB4wkmKOv8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:48 am 
Black Thumb

best video game environments I've ever seen perhaps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 am 
Gender Illusionist

skimmed the threadkkk, never played oblivion or fallout or whatever, but can someone explain y this game is so good and if its worth getting on xbax?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:20 am 
Random Man

Imagine a game where they put you in a huge world and let you play the way you want to play. Imagine it as a type of single player ffxi though not as technical with the auto attack and magic burst type stuff. If you like rpg ish type games, you should at least rent this to see how you'd like it. It's outstanding, though it has a lot of bugs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 am 
Random Man

Some Al Capone type guy was using pawns to kill people from prison (a prison that's said to be inescapable). I agreed to help put a stop to the conspiracy (the guards was covering all of the murders up). So long story short, I got locked up in prison, all of the murders put on me, and I ended up helping this Al Capone escape and he warned me that his reign of terror will be wide spread now. What did I just do? The thing is as I watched as his soldiers (prisoners) kill a lot of innocent as they ran out of the escape area I tried to find the guy to kill him, but I couldn't. Too many of them and he was probably long gone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:07 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

So..how's jail?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:24 pm 
Random Man

It was pretty cool, on the first day I ended up beating up the big orc guy everyone was afraid of with my bare hands. I'm a paper mage so this was a great accomplishment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:42 pm 

Please don't tell me you're still in there?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 pm 
Random Man

Spent maybe 10minutes in there until I made a seemingly bad decision to let him go free and try to take back his land. Turned out people moved them out of their land and made them slaves. I could relate to that and chose to let him have his revenge fully. I felt like it really wasn't my place to interfere with the whole situation. I got nothing out of all of that stuff, nearly lost all of my gear too. It don't pay to meddle in everyone's affairs.

Oh I did get some iron ore out of it, and a flawless emerald or something while doing prisoner mining duty stuff I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm 

Did you get raped in the slammer?
Teehee slammer could mean butt or jail.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:22 pm 
Black Thumb

Rape is called "Sandusky'd" now.

I assume Plois that you're referring to that Markarth mission, took me a while to figure that out too. Just wait till you actually have to escape there after being jailed like normal, I wandered around forever. In an effort to keep you from wandering around forever, if that happens again just pick up a pickaxe and mine. There are no beds to sleep in to serve your sentence.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:18 pm 
Random Man

Wow VD you can one shot a dragon with sneak attack while they're sleeping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ClBU58LdQ

D: So smithing is good I hear.

This is like some ffxi af3+1 stuff, maybe+2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:36 pm 

Yorke wrote:
Rape is called "Sandusky'd" now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:36 pm 
Black Thumb

smithing does rock, I will never run outta money again...costs me like 300 gold to make 2.4k, then just 'wait' 2 days and repeat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:07 am 
Random Man

Best Skyrim mods for pc so far, "Some guy." Copy paste

Quote:
1. FXAA Post Process Injector - Video Link.
There’s a lot of post processing mods for Skyrim, but FXAA has emerged as the best. It layers on several handy effects like sharpening, technicolour, sepia and saturation, but the best part is that it’s all totally customisable. Modifying the settings file will let you turn settings on and off or adjust them to your preferences, giving you full control over the look and feel of your Skyrim game.

2. Val's Crafting Meltdown
Playing Skyrim inevitably results in picking up a lot of items you don’t necessarily need. Weapons or armour you aren’t properly trained with, or just useless pots and pans, every Dovahkiin ends up with a lot of clutter in their inventory. Val’s Crafting Meltdown, has an ingenious solution to that problem, giving players the ability to melt down weapons, armour and junk into raw materials like iron and steel. It also provides an invaluable service for archers, letting them use smithing to create arrows, an ability inexplicably missing from the original game. Val’s Crafting Meltdown is built to be compatible with other crafting mods, so if want to expand your crafting options, be sure to check out The Lost Art of the Blacksmith and More Craftables, which let you craft faction specific items like Thieves Guild armour or Skyforge Steel weapons. Alternatively Craftable Staffs lets mages get in on the smithing action too.

3. QD Inventory Does not work with controller. Mouse keyboard only, and it's work in progress.
Frustrated with Skyrim’s inventory interface? Annoyed at excessive scrolling? Wish you could see the stats of your items without selecting them? QD Inventory is the answer to your problems. The mod replaces the default interface with a very different one, categories are arranged at the top of the screen while the armour, damage, weight and value of your items is displayed along the side. Creator Roltak describes this as a ‘quick and dirty’ solution to the interface problems, better interfaces will likely come in future, but for now this is streets ahead of the original Bethesda UI.

4. Xenius Mods
Xenius has rapidly carved himself a niche as Skyrim’s premier character enhancement modder, producing a whole series of texture improving mods at a tremendous rate. He started with No More Blocky Faces and Detailed Faces, but he’s since expanded into (deep breath) Detailed Bodies, High Quality Eyes, Detailed Lips and Better Beast Races (breath out) all of which offer significant improvements on the default character models. The only gripe is that you have to download them all individually, hopefully Xenius plans to package all his components into a single install when he’s finished.

5. Skyrim HD
Like Quarl’s Texture mod for Oblivion or NeilMC’s for Fallout 3, Skyrim HD is an ambitious project to replace the majority of in game textures with new, high resolution versions. It’s still very much a work in progress, only Windhelm and Whiterun have both been updated, as well as several forest and cave texture, but Skyrim HD looks set to match it’s illustrious predecessors.

6. Realistic Smoke and Embers
Another neat little improvement to Skyrim’s effects, Realistic Smoke and Embers completely overhauls the appearance of fire in the game, improving it greatly. It’s the mod that screenshotmancer Duncan ‘Dead End Thrills‘ Harris used to create this stunning image (along with plenty of other mods and tweaks). If you’re playing Skyrim as a fire throwing destruction mage, you must install this mod.

7. Realistic Water - Video Link
The water in Skyrim already looks pretty lovely, but Realistic Water pushes it that little bit further. Based on high resolution photography, Realistic Water makes Skyrim’s streams foam and bubble in a beautiful and convincing way.

8. Skyrim Sunglare - Video Link
If you like lovely sunlight effects Skyrim Sunglare is the mod for you. It makes the game’s sun produce delicious rays of beamy goodness, including optional lens flare effects for those who favour the ‘cinematic’ look. There’s something special about cresting a mountain and watching the sunbeams break through over the horizon, and this mod makes it even better.

9. Nicer Snowflakes
There’s a lot of snow in Skyrim, so it’s a shame it’s mostly represented by vague white blobs floating past. Nicer Snowflakes fixes that problem completely, replacing the default snow with beautiful, high resolution flakes. There’s several flavours to choose from, but I like the ‘Whimsical’ version best. It might not be what snow really looks like, but it’s what we all wish it did.

10. Glowing Ore Veins
If you’re like me, you probably played several hours of Skyrim before even realising mining was in the game. The problem is that ore veins don’t actually look that different from the surrounding rock. Thankfully, Glowing Ore Veins solves that problem, tweaking minable rocks to make them stand out more from the background. As an added bonus it’ll fade back to normal once you’ve extracted all the ore, once again blending harmlessly into the background.

11. Map in Full 3D
Not so much a mod as a set of tweaks, Map in full 3D shows you how to modify the game’s ini file to make it possible to zoom the in game map right down to the ground. The result is essentially a free camera mode that lets you roam anywhere in the world. It’s like the google street view team was let loose in the frozen north.

12. ENBSeries patch - Video Link
The ENBSeries mods are famous for adding improved post processing and lighting effects to make games like GTA4 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution look amazing. Sadly this patch doesn’t do that, instead it’s focused on fixing graphical errors and letting the game play better on a lower end PC. Don’t worry though, ENB creator Boris Vorontsov is already working on a full graphical overhaul, and has included some test footage, which I’ve included above.

13. Skyrim 4GB
If you’ve been reading this list and installing all the graphical improvements, there’s a possibility you’ve encountered some stability issues. But fear not! A solution is at hand. Like previous Bethesda games, Skyrim doesn’t use more than 2gb of RAM, regardless of how much you actually have. Using a large address aware patch like Skyrim 4GB will fix that, allowing Skyrim to make full use of your system’s abilities, reducing crashes and maintaining a stable FPS count.

14. Simple Borderless Window Uses a exe file, may be a bit fishy
Simple borderless window does what it says, it makes Skyrim run in a false fullscreen mode, allowing for the easy alt tabbing of windowed mode but while still keeping your screen full of wonderful landscapes.

15. Enhanced Night Sky
A nice little mod I enjoyed in Fallout. Enhanced Night Sky replaces the Skyrim stars with a high resolution texture taken from starfield photography. This version is so seamless it doesn’t even effect the in game constellations.

16. No Spider Mod
Arachnophobes like PC Gamer contributor Richard Cobbett have a hard time with games like Skyrim. Which is why No Spiders patches are so useful. This first attempt at a spider free Skyrim is particularly hilarious, as it replaces the models of the spiders with hilariously out of place bears.

17. Interface Hard Coded key tweaks
Skyrim’s interface can be really awkward, Hard Coded key tweaks aims to improve that. Now you can (for instance) turn lockpicks with whatever direction keys you chose, not just WASD, or being able to close the favourites window by pressing Q and myriad other improvements.

18. TESV savegame manager
An update of the popular Fallout 3 savegame manager, TESV savegame manager mod helps save and organise your games far more efficiently than the game does by default.

19. Vurt’s Skyrim Flora Overhaul
This is going to be one to keep an eye on. Vurt’s Skyrim flora overhaul is dedicated to improving the quality of the vegetation in Skyrim, starting with trees. It even offers several different colour schemes to let you tailor your foliage to your own desires.

20. Enhanced Blood Textures
Enhanced Blood Textures does exactly what it says, it improves the resolution of the blood textures in the game, but does it so well that it’s one of the most noticeably improved texture mods available.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 am 

I was always told if you don't have something good to say etc.
But, I'm going to say it anyways.
You're gay.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:48 am 
Random Man

You hurt my feelings with that one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next