It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:59 am 
Black Thumb

that show is truly hilarious

am currently watching a low down dirty shame, remember this movie?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:09 am 
Random Man

haha yeah, old school. I remember my friends went to see the movie and told us about it. I was too young to see it, and wouldn't have a had a ride there anyway.

Actually I think I might have seen this 2 times. When my friends told me about it, it was all about Peaches lol. I had access to I'm Gonna Get You Sucka though. Old times, you either catch it on tv or you have/rent the VHS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:17 am 
Black Thumb

Yeah I looked it up. I was 10 years old when it came out, so I wouldn't have seen it in theaters. I DID have a cheater box back in the day (remember THOSE things?) so that's where I first saw it. We got PPV, HBO, etc. First time I ever saw "pirated material." First movie I remember seeing with that was "The River Wild" with Kevin Bacon and Meryl Streep back before she was too good to do action movies.

Edit to address your edit: Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinkin Your Juice in the Hood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:19 am 
Random Man

My cousin had a fixed box to get pay per view free. Space Jam all day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:24 am 
Black Thumb

Oh man, Space Jam. I remember that movie for specific reasons also. Back when I was younger my family didn't have a lot of money so when we rented a movie in hotels while on vacation it was always a HUGE deal for my brother and I cause they were like $10. I wanted to watch Space Jam and he wanted to watch something else. We got Space Jam and he was so pissed, he still reminds me about it sometimes. I remember having the soundtrack to that movie. sup Quad City DJ's.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:39 am 
Random Man

I liked Monica, in school one girl sang the "For You I Will (from space jam)" song to me. Made me feel special. Of course I didn't do anything about it. My young self had no clue what to do in those situations.

Edit: Just looked through a lot of the old songs from that time. Good old Youtube, a national treasure. I'd pay a subscription to it if I had to haha.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 pm 
Random Man

Curb Your Enthusiasm, where have you been all my life. It's seriously like watching a funny version of final destination. You see the pieces that will contribute to the funny situations later in the show, but you're not sure how they will kill with the laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwuZIgdtHr4

I burst out laughing when he went to the doctor. Perfect setup.

Edit: Is it bad that I only started watching this series because of JB Smoove?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 am 
Random Man

Good times, good times.

If Looks Could Kill (movie) Michael Corben!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPVuopoQln4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 am 
Random Man

Welcome to Mississippi.

Prom Night In Mississippi (Morgan Freeman Documentary)
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/pr ... ississippi < Watch it here stream vid

Prom Night In Mississippi Synopsis
In 1970, the town of Charleston, Mississippi, allowed black students into their white high school, but refused to integrate the senior prom. Twenty-seven years later, Charleston resident and Academy Award - winning actor Morgan Freeman offered to finance the prom - under the condition it be integrated. His offer was ignored. In 2008, Freeman made the offer again. This time the school board accepted, and history was made.

PROM NIGHT IN MISSISSIPPI traces the tumultuous events leading up to Charleston's first integrated prom through intimate conversations with students, families, faculty members and Freeman himself. As the film unfolds, we delve deeply into the heated race issues that tear apart this tiny community, and realize that this troubling segregation has less to do with the students than their parents. Ultimately, PROM NIGHT IN MISSISSIPPI captures a big moment in a small town, where hope finally blossoms in black, white and a whole lot of taffeta.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:03 pm 
Random Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=7Vd ... ature=fvwp

D:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:45 pm 
Black Thumb

Ploid wrote:
Welcome to Mississippi.

Prom Night In Mississippi (Morgan Freeman Documentary)
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/pr ... ississippi < Watch it here stream vid

Prom Night In Mississippi Synopsis
In 1970, the town of Charleston, Mississippi, allowed black students into their white high school, but refused to integrate the senior prom. Twenty-seven years later, Charleston resident and Academy Award - winning actor Morgan Freeman offered to finance the prom - under the condition it be integrated. His offer was ignored. In 2008, Freeman made the offer again. This time the school board accepted, and history was made.

PROM NIGHT IN MISSISSIPPI traces the tumultuous events leading up to Charleston's first integrated prom through intimate conversations with students, families, faculty members and Freeman himself. As the film unfolds, we delve deeply into the heated race issues that tear apart this tiny community, and realize that this troubling segregation has less to do with the students than their parents. Ultimately, PROM NIGHT IN MISSISSIPPI captures a big moment in a small town, where hope finally blossoms in black, white and a whole lot of taffeta.

That was only 3 years ago? It's no wonder I view the south with such contempt. My parents went to a wedding down there several years back and his brother's own friends kept calling him a yankee and telling him to go back to his own land. Retards.

Edit: Remember Virgil from WWF and his slavery role with Ted Dibiase? Gawd early 90's, your stereotypes and apolitical values are now apparent ;[

tukar jerbs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:41 pm 
Bitter Canadian

wow that's so recent..
wtf mississippi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:56 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Sounds like the place for me!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:43 pm 
Random Man

Yorke wrote:

tukar jerbs

Nearly lost my cereal. Just watched that episode a while ago when sef or somebody posted the people from the future in that car.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:51 pm 
Black Thumb

yeah that shit is hilarious

DERKERDER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 pm 
Bitter Canadian

new season soon!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 am 
Random Man

The new hotness.

Awesome show. Kinda thought it was turning out too much like Weeds or Dexter but its unique enough, and I think more thrilling. Let's go Professor!

Quote:
Br Ba is NOT Drama. This is Satire! Every episode ends in some kind of disaster or insanity. Usually with somebody dead by some outrageous

Man are older white women like they are on tv usually? I just want to slap the wife of the main character and her sister a lot of the times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I have never watched Indiana Jones or Star Wars.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:06 pm 
Random Man

Having a new pc for the living room, I set up a xbmc for the main tv and it's pretty cool. I can control it with my smartphone and everyone that visits has the app on their phone so I don't need to buy a pc remote.

XBMC on windows demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... b7yg#t=10s

I've been trying to watch the movie "Love Actually" because I heard good things about it recently (great christmas movie praise). I've tried 3 times, and fell asleep each time with the singing at the end waking me up each time. The singing sounds very good, nice melody or whatever. Going to try again but during the day. Not sure if any of you ever saw it, it has a bit of comedy in it from what I could tell.

Edit: Finally finished it, two thumbs up. Feel good movie, wish I actually watched it before xmas. Europe have a different idea of christmas, they use it to be honest it seem hah.

"All I Want For Christmas is You" remix from the movie that kept waking me up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ghkHlth ... ure=fvwrel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 am 
Random Man

Real Steel was pretty fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next