It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Osama be dead
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:25 am 
Random Man

"CBS Congressional producer Jill Jackson reporting House Intelligence Committee aide says Obama will announce Osama bin Laden is dead."

"NBC news is reporting a CIA operation overseas is the focus of Obama's address. Others reporting Osama Bin Laden is dead & we have the body."

This video is dedicated to Vedder's gaming childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1yuo8cIEY

Edit:

Last edited by Ploid on Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Osama be dead
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:48 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Psh Olde, I knew about this before CNN did.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:09 am 
Random Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

FUN FACT: Bush's MISSION ACCOMPLISHED speech was given on May 1, 2003. Exactly eight years ago of Osama's death.

Troll?

Saddam death April 30

Last edited by Ploid on Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 am 
Random Man

Quote:
Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001.
I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude.
This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 am 
Black Thumb

that game use tf2 engine?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm 
Black Thumb

Also I see that my friends are taking the news in stride:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 pm 
Random Man

Cab Driver: Finally that Osama guy is dead. Good riddance.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm 

Aw crap, I thought my cabbie was osama so I killed him.
Well, looks like its back to jail for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:42 pm 
Black Thumb

Osama's name obviously is famous worldwide.

It seems as though his name has been "google-bombed" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb) from the letter "O" to the #1 search result in less than 24 hours....pretty amazing when you think of it.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm 
Random Man

The age old question is answered. Obama is a Playstation guy.

obviously photoshoped.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:00 pm 
Black Thumb

amazing

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 am 
Bitter Canadian

my fav part is how they threw the corpse into the ocean before any pics were taken

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:15 pm 
Random Man

Hero dog helped snare Osama

A FEARLESS four-legged recruit joined US Special Forces as they stormed Osama Bin Laden's secret lair.
The explosive-sniffing dog was strapped to an assault team member as they took on one of their greatest challenges to date.

He was part of the operation in which the elite US Navy Seals lowered themselves down ropes from three Black Hawk helicopters into the terrorist supremo's hideout in the town of Abbottabad, Pakistan, on Sunday.

The world's most wanted man, 54, was shot dead by a Special Forces marksman during the raid.

Heavily armoured hounds — equipped with infrared night-sight cameras — have been used in the past by the top-secret unit.

The war dogs wear ballistic body armour that is said to withstand damage from single and double-edged knives, as well as protective gear which shields them from shrapnel and gunfire.

German Shepherds have been leading the way in SAS raids in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wearing oxygen masks, the pooches have been trained to jump from aircraft at 25,000ft, before seeking out insurgents in hostile environments.

The animals will attack anyone carrying a weapon and have become a pivotal part of special operations as they crawl unnoticed into tunnels or rooms to hunt for enemy combatants.

The cameras on their heads beam live TV pictures back to the troops, providing them with critical information and warning of ambushes.

Dogs were also used in the capture of Saddam Hussein and in the killing of the Iraqi dictator's two sons.

Omg lol

---

Story of what really happened, from a guy blacker than Vedder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgeE_PElyc

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
He is the equivalent of a white-suburb kid in the US who turned all emo at some point after finding a group of people he fit in. He was dumber than he realized, loved attention, and no matter how many skulls he'd have around his neck or fingers the guy was probably shit-scared of being killed in the middle of nowhere. Guy must have wanted to keep on living. He'd never "martyr" himself unless it was the last option, and I'm still 100% sure he surrendered on that night thinking surely the US would love to capture him alive. To him, it would have allowed him to hear of protests chanting for his release, left-wing Americans defending him, and what not, and a chance to speak his mind on trial televised to the world like Saddam had the chance to. His eventual execution would have been inevitable, but glorious to his eyes. Getting shot in some empty compound in Pakistan on a cold night was probably not the way he wanted to end his life.

War Dog

There's a reason they brought one to get Osama bin Laden

Dogs have been fighting alongside U.S. soldiers for more than 100 years, seeing combat in the Civil War and World War I. But their service was informal; only in 1942 were canines officially inducted into the U.S. Army. Today, they're a central part of U.S. efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan -- as of early 2010 the U.S. Army had 2,800 active-duty dogs deployed (the largest canine contingent in the world). And these numbers will continue to grow as these dogs become an ever-more-vital military asset.

So it should come as no surprise that among the 79 commandos involved in Operation Neptune Spear that resulted in Osama bin Laden's killing, there was one dog -- the elite of the four-legged variety. And though the dog in question remains an enigma -- another mysterious detail of the still-unfolding narrative of that historic mission -- there should be little reason to speculate about why there was a dog involved: Man's best friend is a pretty fearsome warrior.

Above, a U.S. soldier with the 10th Special Forces Group and his dog leap off the ramp of a CH-47 Chinook helicopter during water training over the Gulf of Mexico as part of exercise Emerald Warrior on March 1.

Daredevil dogs: The question of how the dog got into bin Laden's compound is no puzzle -- the same way the special ops team did, by being lowered from an MH-60s helicopter. In fact, U.S. Air Force dogs have been airborne for decades, though the earliest flying dogs accompanied Soviet forces in the 1930s.

Dogs usually jump in tandem with their trainers, but when properly outfitted with flotation vests they can make short jumps into water on their own. A U.S. Navy SEAL, Mike Forsythe, and his dog, Cara -- pictured above -- recently broke the world record for "highest man/dog parachute deployment" by jumping from 30,100 feet.

In August 2010, The Register, a British online tech publication, reported that "top-secret, super-elite U.S. Navy SEAL special forces are to deploy heavily armoured bulletproof dogs equipped with infrared nightsight cameras and an 'intruder communication system' able to penetrate concrete walls." The article also reported that the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Group had "awarded an $86,000 contract to Canadian firm K9 Storm Inc. for the supply of 'Canine Tactical Assault Vests' for wear by SEAL dogs." The K9 catalogue boasts an array of high-tech canine devices, from storm lights to long lines and leads to an assortment of vests -- assault, aerial insertion, and patrol-SWAT -- which are rated from "excellent" to "good" in protecting the animal from harm due to everything from bullets to ice picks.

A canine surge: Over the last two years, there has been an effort to rapidly increase the number IED detection dogs in Afghanistan and Iraq. Currently, the Marine Corps has 170 bomb-sniffing dogs, but has plans to deploy as many as 600 dogs to their program before September 2012. In late 2010 the Marines have also awarded a contract to American K-9 Interdiction for "as much as $35 million" to train and kennel their dogs.

In February, Marine Commandant Gen. James Amos stated that he'd like to see "a dog with every patrol."

Above, U.S. Marines attached to 1st Battalion, 6th regiment, Charlie Company relax with their bomb-sniffing dogs Books and Good one in Huskers camp on the outskirts of Marjah in central Helmand on Jan. 25, 2010.

More at http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/05/04/war_dog

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 pm 
Random Man

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:47 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

I can't see anything in the last picture ploid posted other than the dogs sack.

fuck.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 am 

I know about half the superheros in that picture.
And it's the obvious ones.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:14 am 
Black Thumb

I always did like spawn, he was badass.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Some Arab newspaper in the states printed the pic with Obama and the rest of those guys but they removed Hillary Clinton from the pic completely~ just an empty space where she should be.
Any pics of women could be considered sexually suggestive etc
Even if said woman is crusty, old and hideous.
lol

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm 

Vintage.