It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dear TDG
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

Maimed wrote:
There are two big reasons I like Hauteclaire. Acc+7 and high DMG sword. It means there will be less 0's, however with the lower delay and the 50% doubleattack proc rate, you may still get TP faster using joytoy even though you'll hit for plenty of 0s. I'd have to run a test tbh. Imho, Burtgang > all.

No no no no no no and no. Acc+7 is 3.5% hit rate at best, you'll actually land the same amount of 0s, even if Haute has 46DMG compared to Joy 35.

Hitting 0s is only based on attack vs mob def, the base DMG of the sword only rises the upper cap of what your hit is going to do if it lands. Considering Joy swings 50% more times on average, that's enough to offset the +3.5% hit rate. (Joy and Haute are going to land the same number of 0s, you'll just swing way more with Joytoy)

Burtgang sucks, same problem of Haute. Shitty aftermath, lol-10%Physical (Haute works good enough for bloodtanking), you'll still hit 0s, need 300 TP to reach the same DA rate of a Joyeuse, and for what, 2 mins?

Want a DD sword? Upgrade Excalibur.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 am 
Brutal Sheep

lolExcalibur rly =P

I'm not concerned about damage. I'm more concerned about TP gain whether it be for Atonement or Chivalry. Burtgang's aftermath ability is garbage because DA only procs at 300%. I prefer the enmity+10, phys dmg-10%, and the reduction in enmity loss from taking damage. It's a great piece for a tanking Pld. Joytoy may be better for overall TP gain and I ought to consider eating food other than sushi to avoid hitting for as many 0s. Perhaps pizza is a good alternative.

Excalibur is only useful for people who want to brag about outparsing people while afk on Jailer of Love (lawl) or lowman groups where the extra damage from the relic really comes in handy. Truth be told, Excalibur has nothing to offer a tank, unless if you count the regen from Knights of the Round..

Excalibur is an awesome relic, but it's not a suitable weapon for a tanking Pld.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:38 am 
STFU

:hostile: \_/ all pld are attention whores

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Except me?
:grin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

Maimed wrote:
lolExcalibur rly =P

I'm not concerned about damage. I'm more concerned about TP gain whether it be for Atonement or Chivalry. Burtgang's aftermath ability is garbage because DA only procs at 300%. I prefer the enmity+10, phys dmg-10%, and the reduction in enmity loss from taking damage. It's a great piece for a tanking Pld. Joytoy may be better for overall TP gain and I ought to consider eating food other than sushi to avoid hitting for as many 0s. Perhaps pizza is a good alternative.

Excalibur is only useful for people who want to brag about outparsing people while afk on Jailer of Love (lawl) or lowman groups where the extra damage from the relic really comes in handy. Truth be told, Excalibur has nothing to offer a tank, unless if you count the regen from Knights of the Round..

Excalibur is an awesome relic, but it's not a suitable weapon for a tanking Pld.

10 Enmity isn't the omgwtfawesome you suppose it to be, neither is physical dmg -10% when you have shadows, unless you suck so much you end up bloodtanking.

And the 20 ATK on Exca will probably counter a good % of the 0s you hit -> TP -> Atonement -> Hate+Damage.

lolpldtalk, bored so it's better than nothing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:07 pm 
Black Thumb

Plus you need at least 11 enmity to keep up with my THF's dmg ;<

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:18 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

I thought you said noone could out tank you on your THF?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 pm 
Black Thumb

Until they invent a mythic weapon with 11 enmity it looks like I stand uncorrected.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

o. :plain:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:57 pm 
Brutal Sheep

Blaize wrote:
Maimed wrote:
lolExcalibur rly =P

10 Enmity isn't the omgwtfawesome you suppose it to be, neither is physical dmg -10% when you have shadows, unless you suck so much you end up bloodtanking.

And the 20 ATK on Exca will probably counter a good % of the 0s you hit -> TP -> Atonement -> Hate+Damage.

lolpldtalk, bored so it's better than nothing

10 Enmity is really nice tbh. No, you don't need to stack 50 enmity like you needed to back when /nin wasn't considered a viable sub for Pld. But since /nin has become mainstream, along with the usage of curekits and atonement, enmity in gear isn't nearly as important anymore. It doesn't hurt to have high enmity pieces for kite style fights because you're spending more time gtfo'ing than standing around spamming spells/JAs for hate, so every action with maximum hate output helps.

-10% damage reduction is nice, but it won't make or break a Pld. But tbh, it's a nice piece to use if you're terror'ed/stunned and want to macro in a darksteel+1 set along with keeping this and not swapping to earth/terra's staff to minimize damage taken until you're able to regain control again. Plus I'm lazy, I don't waste shihei on anything that isn't considered a NM, even if i'm /nin. I bloodtank darters in DA all the time because quite frankly, they're not worth spending gil on lol :x

Your point about Excalibur hitting for less 0s than any other weapon is probably the only serious reason I could see it being useful to a tanking Pld. However, the value it brings from melee'ing is situational versus Burtgang being useful in every fight.

And yeah, lolplddiscussion, but this is the shit that gets me off. My gf just has to watch me fap to myself while i spin my camera angle in mog house =d

Would that be considered gay, or masturbation because it's technically me?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:09 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

Except that burtgang is not useful in every fight :orly:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:34 pm 
Brutal Sheep

I would disagree. You may not NEED the +10enmity and -10% physical dmg reduction but it doesn't hurt. Therefore, Burtgang has more uses than Excalibur.

For example, I highly doubt Excalibur (on a tanking Pld) is very useful against kiting Jailer of Fortitude, or King Behemoth for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:44 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

Never said it was, you just won't use Burtgang on EVERY fight.

On anything you can engage Joyeuse WILL beat Burtgang in both damage and hate.

I'm talking about a good % of HNMs out there; Few exceptions being DI, Tiamat and kited mobs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm 
Brutal Sheep

Oh yeah definitely. I don't think there's a single piece of static equipment on my pld. Everything is situational. Lol I think I misunderstood what you were saying, but you can't really replace joytoy with lolburtgang's 300% tp needed to proc DA.

Sadly enough, SE did jack shit with shields. Aegis is all we still have. Was hoping for an alternative.. like a shield that offers enmity and some hp, and maybe even some damage reduction during campaign for pld solo.. owtf lolterrorshield =\

Seriously SE you guys need more ideas to keep things interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

Aegis lets you hit the Magic Damage Taken cap without having to swap gear, that's it. Reduces something like 10% more dmg compared to a Koenig Shield, and blocks the same amount. Luxury item~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:05 pm 
Brutal Sheep

Yeah I know the value of Aegis, but tbh, if you got a quick trigger finger, you can pop your MDT-% macro and be equally effective. Granted you can put MDB gear on if you have aegis equipped but most realistically wouldn't.

Been toying with the idea of putting an augment on my Kaiser shield.. or maybe just sell it and buy 20 NQ Koenig shields to obtain that perfect augment, or possibly phail 20 times, idk yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:23 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

keep Kaiser Shield, whitebox so pwn.

Unless you break the game and get -10% magic damage taken and 2 enmity on a Koenig Shield... (which you won't <:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:29 pm 
Brutal Sheep

I have a whitebox around my entire character cuz i'm so pwn. Refer to first post in thread =d

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:02 am 
Gender Illusionist

hey plds

stfu

:hijack:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:14 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Breast PLD on Fairy kthx.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next