It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: "I told you so!"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Is perhaps what Mert would say when he finds out that I've decided to quit the ls. To some this is a "finally", some "omg nooo", to others, "Who the fk are you".

Point is I've been thinking about it for a while. We lost a lot of people, the longer standing folks and the ones I liked, to WoW. Took the LS a long time to recover, and I see that now the LS is doing that. But unfortunately, I just don't have the time or will power to stay around. Couple of things forced my decision to do this this weekend, and selfish as they may sound, tis how I feel, after all I am paying to play this game...

In March, I started Fishing, and I've really gotten into it. Quiet time, something to do, and an awesome way to make money. I play the game lately for 3 things; Salvage, Fishing, and random interaction with you guys; the latter I fill with Dynamis and Einherjar. The "pointless arguement" that I made last night during Dynamis [where Dionious lotted something, but wasn't in the shell, and only did Dynamis with us and nothing else but could still lot (eventhough no one wanted it, I get it, but if someone had...)] made me realise that if I have the Eden pearl, I'm expected to attend the Kings and BCNMs and Sky and Sea and blahblahblah which I've just lost complete and utter interest in, not to mention that over the last few months those activities have been waning (but picking back up again, I get it...), however like Dionious, without it I can do the activities that I like and not the ones I do not. Kny's right, Dyna is the only thing I do with Eden because it's the only thing I enjoy. What's the point of doing anything in life for recreational purposes if you aren't enjoying it. Saturday I logged on after god knows how many days working, had this huge list of things I wanted to do, saw that Fafnir was coming and then KS99s, realised that I couldn't do any of the shit I wanted to, and instead of just ignoring either my shit or the LS's shit, I logged off. I then proceeded to fall asleep and get a soaring headache and didn't have sex with my GF! I mean, srsly.

Basically, End-game doesn't appeal to me anymore, and it's actually hindering what I want to do since my playstyle has changed. I no longer have the will, the want or the desire to do it outside of the events I enjoy doing - I'd do Limbus if it weren't for the perpetual Apollyon that was every single run too. In 2 weeks time, My GF finishes University and is coming home, so my playtime will be even lessened as I will want to spend a majority of it with her, and I don't want to log on for the sake of keeping up appearances so that you guys can bad mouth me when I'm not around doing my own thing at events. I want to log on to do a bit here or there, randomly afk without caring, and go back to stuff when I'm ready. Furthermore, in September I start University and have told our Salvage group that I don't think I'll be able to stay up until 4am during the week because of my schooling, so there's a likelihood that I'll end up either quitting Salvage or just stop playing completely.

So yeah. I'm not joining TG or ED or LP or TDG or whoever's at camps at the moment. I'll still do Dynamis if you guys want. If not, then it's no problem, I understand and will find another group perhaps. Lutia, keep me access to Salvage forums >o

Cu 'round.

Post subject: Re: "I told you so!"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

All that appeals to you are blowjobs. Still sitting on my Tinnin pop btw. :wall:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:23 pm 
Black Thumb

no wemooooooooooooo I'll miss you so ;(

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 pm 
Random Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Aemora, I will keep this short as you and I will still talk outside of the LS and wherever. You have been a long time member of this Linkshell, and perhaps the reason I joined it a few years back. You are an exceptional player and person. I hope you find the fun you seek in this recreational game. Several years of camping the same Dragons and fighting the same things, as well as going through the up and downs of a long time End game linkshell can wear on you. Having fun is still most important. When you went out to buy this game, and saw it on the shelf I suppose you didn't think "Man, I could use a physically taxing, monotonous time sink to waste away my free time". I for one would like thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this linkshell, and all of the things you have helped myself and many others in this shell achieve. A good amount of people in the shell may only see you as the person that never shows up for anything. Sadly they are mistaken. You have dumped a considerable amount of time into this shell for nothing more than seeing your friends and linkshell mates get whatever new toy they seek. Thank you for the opportunity to share some good memories fighting side by side in Eden.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 pm 
Galkan Sausage

Aemora wrote:
and didn't have sex with my GF! I mean, srsly.

wtfux were you thinking!? :spin:

I know I don't know you as well as others might considering the main interaction I had with you was before I joined the ls in an exp party (in the 60s I think). I enjoyed talking to you the few times we did talk so I'll be sad to see you go. Hopefully you'll be able to keep doing Dynamis (and maybe Ein? :o) with us. Either way, I hope things work out for you and the game becomes more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:29 pm 
President

Quote:
"I told you so!"

yep

But seriously, this is the way to quit, at least he didnt bullshit us. (yet)

If you still want to do Ein or Dyna np.

By the way, while we're on the subject of "I called it", this wont be the last topic like this to pop up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 pm 
Gender Illusionist

cu :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:21 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

WEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Q_Q

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:16 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

cu ;~;
wait nm we onry talked on the 4m anyways
hi wemo ^~^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm 
lolmithrapld

Welcome to "enjoying FFXI" again. When the mood fits its nice to log on and help friends out with the odd Nyz run or craft or fish, or do a little job just for the hell of it. No more stress filled 3 hour + of nothingness and no more desperately trying to stay awake to make sure everyone had a chance of getting a run of a bcnm / znm / pop nm. ( tho admittedly i miss these badly as I do ein / namis ) I don't miss the splitting headache after stuggling to stay awake till the very end.

Enjoy my Welsh Fren and have fun with that lovely gf of yours :cat:

Lutia If you need an extra body for Tinnin and its not silly late and I'm on msn just holla and I'll be there

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 pm 
Daddy

I can't think of anything clever to say... :cry2:

Is Meka disappointed?

FFXI is a timesink, so I sincerely hope you can find the fun in it when you wish to play.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:07 pm 
Brutal Sheep

one of the few people still playing I was friends with :(

l8r Aemora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 pm 
Cock atrice

I apologize if my showing up to Eden dynamis has caused any kind of drama, I assure you guys that is not my intent :( I've mentioned to various people that if it becomes too much of a hassle or if i'm stepping on anyone's toes, i'll gladly step aside and find another shell.. To be honest, I go with you guys because I know that you guys get things done efficiently and, like I mentioned to jrx, feel weird doing any type of end-game content w/out Eden, since I was in the shell a good 2-3+ yrs back when I played full-time... idk maybe i'm being selfish in that sense since in fact I am doing dyna with you guys but nothing else...

but back on topic...I know how you feel Aemo, since that was part of my reason for taking a break from ffxi, way back when.. hope you can still find a way to enjoy the game and thanks for answering all my nub-Cor questions over the years lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

Nah Dion, it's not your fault. Infact it was that Commodore Frac that lead to me thinking, "Why am I being insulted for doing something I enjoy".

I've no ill feelings towards this linkshell, quite the contrary. I have gain a lot from it, and it would be truly naive of me to think that anything I have obtained is through my own self awesomeness and without the help of others. I owe a lot to this linkshell and wouldn't harbor ill feelings to the group, eventhough I may have my opinions about a few members of it, as a whole I feel that this linkshell will always be my home, cheesy as that may sound. I've never liked camping Kings and anyone in the shell who's seen me at Kings (lol, rarely) will know that. Kings and HNMs have always been one aspect of the game I've hated... Sitting around waiting for another group to claim it. The fights are fun as fuck, but the opportunities so far and few between.

Also Asta, Meka left Eden for more-or-less the same reasons as I. So she understand where I'm coming from lol.

If it's ok by you guys (Mertron), if you'll have me I'll come back to Dyna/Ein next week. Gonna just chillax this week if I can.

Omnomnom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

i wov salvage too wemo :<

i wov u too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 am 
Random Man

Had no other place to post this. Eden don't have a updated events done, drops got thread, or such.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:12 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

vd is so pimp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm 
Galkan Sausage

Ohay, its me!

Glad you'll still be coming for Dyna & Ein with us Aemo :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Who the fk are you?

if you stop browsing eden forums you'll have to login to msn, cause you need to not ignore me!