It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Psoleus wrote:
ItsSeflol wrote:
Because sometimes I need someone to dual box me to clear for stuff.

keep the token wif u?

..who's a big enough loser to keep it on them all the time?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:05 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Particularly amusing is that once the batteries die, you either have to buy a new one for another $9.99, or disable the service and thereby the security that the device gave ya. Based on how shitty the quality of this thing probably is, it'll last a year tops, and all you've paid for is the Moogle Satchel.

Also noteworthy is that Square-Enix offers no warranty whatsoever beyond 90 days. You'd think if they were offering this because they are concerned with their customers' security that they'd be offering to replace it should the device fail. We're already fucking paying them $12.95 plus $1.00 per mule per month and they can't do that? Bullshit. They just want as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of us, and from what I read on various FFXI forums, they're getting it and they will continue to get it. :bat:

Article 6 Returns and/or Exchanges
1. The Security Tokens are non-returnable and non-refundable.

Article 7 Replacement
In the event that within 3 months of receipt the Security Token the Registered User's password does not appear due to a failure of batteries, and such Registered User is in compliance with this Agreement, the Registered User should contact the Information Center and request a replacement. Square Enix will in its discretion replace or fix the Security Token.

Article 8 Use of the Security Token
3. If your Security Token runs out of batteries, it will no longer be able to obtain a one-time password, therefore, you will be unable to log-in using your Security Token. If your Security Token shows low batteries please disable your Security Token registration or obtain a new Security Token. Please see here to check the batteries of your Security Token: http://account.square-enix.com/manual/en/about.html In the event that the Security Token runs out of batteries please contact the Information Center to disable your Security Token.

Article 9 Prohibited Use of the Security Token
- Replace batteries for the Security Token (The Security Token is freshly formatted and can not be used once the batteries are replaced.);

Article 11 DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
SQUARE ENIX HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. SQUARE ENIX IS PROVIDING THE SECURITY TOKEN "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SECURITY TOKEN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SQUARE ENIX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SECURITY TOKEN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SQUARE ENIX DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SECURITY TOKEN AND ITS USE WITH SQUARE ENIX WEBSITES OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SECURITY TOKEN AND THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.

(in all caps originally. It seems this part is very important to Square.)

Last edited by Dragir on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

More Math!

Even if the Battery did fail after a year, then that's 12 months of using it. That's not math, that's simple conversion!

Now, a fresh mule carries 80 inventory slots; 30 on his person, 50 in it's safe. You're paying $1 a month for 80 inventory slots, and the hassle to having mule gear over to mules and whatnot when you run out of inventory space on your main character.

However, with a Moogle Satchel, you automatically get 80 inventory slots (if you complete the Gobbiebag quests) with it, that's a mule in your inventory. Guess what that means! That you can cancel that mule that you no longer need nor use. If a Security Token costs $10 dollars, but lasts a mere year, that means that by deleting a mule, you'll eventually save yourself $2! It's not ground breaking, true, but you'll eventually save money. Not to mention that depending on how many mules you do have, they too will have increased storage capacity, so you could break down 2 mules into 1 or whatever... I've maxed my Inventory on my Jeuno mule, and I think that I'll eventually delete my 2 other random mules saving me my $2 a month, which'll work out as breakeven 5 months down the line.

Not to mention that once you no longer what to use the token anymore, or even if you don't want to buy a new one, you keep the Satchel so whatever... But the battery only lasts however often you use it. How many times do you log in a day? A Year is a short life for something you only need to press a button twice a day, if that, every day, if that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:45 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Already thought of that. Already planned to cancel the content ID for my one mule (though, I'll be losing 46+80 spaces). However, this does not change the fact that SE's policies are bullshit and completely unacceptable in any other market. Yet, we tolerate them. :failidea:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:49 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Mertron runs the same policy...

Don't like it here, you know where the door is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:08 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Eden isn't a real-world business, and I'm not giving Mertron $13.99 per month, $29.99/$9.99 for the occasional expansion pack, and $9.99 for a product that costs $1.23 to produce and comes with no warranty. I didn't really have to spell out these very clear distinctions, did I? :suspect:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Dragir wrote:
Eden isn't a real-world business, and I'm not giving Mertron $13.99 per month, $29.99/$9.99 for the occasional expansion pack, and $9.99 for a product that costs $1.23 to produce and comes with no warranty. I didn't really have to spell out these very clear distinctions, did I? :suspect:

Destron.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:43 pm 

Dragir wrote:
They just want as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of us

/golf clap
You're a quick one!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Sefadin plucked out and wrote:
They just want as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of us

:lolhammer:

Every business does. What stops them? Regulation.
Problem: There's very little for "virtual services".
Pardon me that I expressed my irritation at that.
It was my turn.

That said (not that this bears explaining)... the intent of my post is simply to acknowledge and highlight the extent to which we (the players) actually tolerate this deliberate mistreatment and are, in many cases, blissfully unaware of it. It's something of a phenomena in business. Anyone with a law degree would have a wonderful time with Square if this were any other segment.

Last edited by Dragir on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 pm 
President

Aemora wrote:
Dragir wrote:

Destron.

Aemora wrote:
Mertron runs the same policy...

Don't like it here, you know where the door is.

:D

Idiotic and nonsensical shot at the LS bank aside, probably not buying the token.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:55 pm 
Gender Illusionist

Since you can buy it, get the inventory, then turn that shit off, I'm sold (like sef's ancestors)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:02 pm 
Random Man

SE are artists. They know how to squeeze money out of a rock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 am 

Lolmy wrote:
(like sef's ancestors)

:plain:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:41 am 
Gender Illusionist

at least it was only 1/2 of them homie :plain:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 am 
Goblin Smithy

Lolmy wrote:
Since you can buy it, get the inventory, then turn that shit off, I'm sold (like sef's ancestors)

Could have just added it with this Version Update for free?

Ploid wrote:
SE are artists. They know how to squeeze money out of a rock.

:binky:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 am 
Gender Illusionist

Well that can apply to like every company in a free competitive market, how much do Nikes cost to make vs. profit? etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:13 am 
President

Nike can charge whatever they want for shoes, I'll just buy some skechers for 25 bucks.

SE can charge whatever they want because most of us will pay for it.

Waiting to see how the sachel is implemented before I buy it. If you still have to carry over gear from the sachel to the main inventory then its just a more convenient mog locker, I'll probably be happy enough with the +10 inventory for now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:14 pm 
Faggot

i'm buying cuz i'm lazy and with my snailnet it takes OVER 9000 to zone into my mog to get anything, that and whenever i craft i have to dbox like 20 things to myself and it's fkn annoying