It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:21 am 
Random Man

Oh wow, I was caught cheating. Hope I don't get banned. I really wanted that medal. (topographical replay)
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_h ... _id=917628

Started off by repairing those items in the center for points. Then I let some guy from my friend list (from ffxi also) kill me with his turret so he could get his ribbons.

Holy crap, I didn't know he was max level. Wow am I that slow. What level are you Kaise? Don't tell me 3 stars too.

My KZ2 stats page
http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.p ... r_id=Ploid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 am 
Goblin Smithy

Ploid wrote:
Oh wow, I was caught cheating. Hope I don't get banned. I really wanted that medal. (topographical replay)
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_h ... _id=917628

Started off by repairing those items in the center for points. Then I let some guy from my friend list (from ffxi also) kill me with his turret so he could get his ribbons.

Holy crap, I didn't know he was max level. Wow am I that slow. What level are you Kaise? Don't tell me 3 stars too.

My KZ2 stats page
http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.p ... r_id=Ploid

Yeah I'm 3 stared right now. I just got scout and its fucking awesome! One thing I don't like is when you use cloak, you cant see colors worth shit and everything is blue so. I almost have my improved scope and my second ability, scan and mark :D

Edit: Oh and here's my page

http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.p ... ooitschris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am 
Random Man

Man, your performance is darn good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:10 am 
Goblin Smithy

Ploid wrote:
Man, your performance is darn good.

I think it sucks :<

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:26 am 
Random Man

I'm glad I'm done with engineer. Mine is worse, with a side of team killing and suicides. Darn exploding turrets, and uncareful shots. Especially the saboteurs making me check everyone like in TF2. Now I know the crosshairs will just turn red if it's a Saboteur.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:16 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
* Stability issue regarding randomly named games resolved.
* Stability fix when rapidly tapping (X) can cause crash on spawn-select.
* Stability issue regarding Saboteur’s disguise ability resolved.
* Stability fix on ‘Creating game’ with a blank name.
* Stability fix for repeatedly entering exiting game.
* The Ignore list functionality corrected.
* Unlock of “Frontrunner” Medal now functioning correctly.
* Fix for incorrect award of win to clan not showing for game resolved.
* Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on http://www.killzone.com.
* Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective resolved.
* HUD issue correction during Assassination mode when playing as a Medic.
* Controller input tweaks and modifications.
* Fix for auto-lock on of shotgun exploit.
* Fix for D-Charge issues in Campaign mode.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=239747

No mention of the ridiculous 5 kills to obtain the ribbon which unlocks sub abilities, and for Tactician unlocks the ability to combine it's sub ability with other classes. Darn bots need to learn how to not be distractions only.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:22 am 
Goblin Smithy

I needs backup when I'm sniping. Put proxy mines around me so douche bags cant sneak up on me (my teammates don't watch my back and they let the enemy get into our base :<)

I fucking made an insane Assassination kill today. It was on Pyrrhus Rise and I was on ISA just sitting near a supply crate that overlooked most of the open area on the map and peaked into their base a bit. So we just did sabotage and assassination came up. I was thinking "eh, Ill just spot and mark for my team and let them take him out." So the first spot and mark I do I pick up like 10 things and I got a few head shots so I narrowed it down to a few more things on my screen. I started to follow this one guy that was WAY the fuck out there, it was still selecting someone on their team to be the target, he stood still in a small ass window (probably looking around), I took the shot and BOOM! right between the fucking eyes. Oh and right before it hit, he was picked for the target. My reaction was: "Shit I got him...with a headshhhh...HOLY FUCK HE WAS THE TARGET!? WOOOW SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!" Everyone else was like "What the fuck just happened? That was fast." I love SCOUT! Spot and Mark is fucking broken and the extra zoom is so helpful on those long range shots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:26 am 
Random Man

:lmao:

And yea it's hard for people to help out a sniper. Sometimes I don't even know he's there. I recently found out what that ghostly light was. I try to help them at times, but I don't want to draw attention to them.

Do the cloak always work, or do you have to activate it like Saboteur's disguise? Downtime between activations and such?

Edit: Oh and my clan won our first game in a tournament. Things are so much better when people work as a team. Medics subbing the repair ability. Saboteurs subbing the radar thing from scout. Etc. The air support is like a waste. Tacticians with the scout sub sounds good also. That or the boost sub to push your way through defenses to plant a spawn point. One that's in a actual good spot and won't cause mass death and cluster bombing.

When people use those turrets well, they really screw you up. Saboteurs have to avoid turrets, they're like little guard dogs. They won't kill you most of the time, but they'll screw up your day in the right spots.

Also I must find a way to incorporate that chirp sound when you kill someone into my phone. Maybe text message, or something.

Edit 294
I'm going to start using this gun with Saboteur. This video makes it look way too good. The small SMG it's too noisy and take too long to get the job done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjijvtVsWPQ&fmt=18

And I had no idea the medic gun could take people's lives. I'm so going to try this the next chance I get.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:18 am 
Goblin Smithy

Yeah I kinda figured the medic defibrillator could probably do some damage (most games that have it will have it instantly kill the enemy when it's used on them ala BF2 or BF2142). When you put the cloak on, it stays on until you do damage to someone (if you hit your teammate, even if FF is off, it will de-cloak you which pisses me off sometimes. I'll be trying to kill someone and right before I shoot my team runs in front of me) or you turn it off yourself and there is a cool down time that's about 15-20 seconds. The more you move with it on, the more visible you are but if you stand in one spot (you can turn and look around) you won't be seen at all besides this subtle glow and most of the time it doesn't show. If you take damage, you'll show up for a split second so you gotta be careful. No scoping is kinda easy compared to most FPS game's I've played (besides Halo but fuck that dumb shit) but I just pull out my revolver and bust some heads open with it. GET ME A SPOT IN THE CLAN PRZ!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:38 am 
Random Man

Dude I didn't know I was free to use any sub I had access to when I got my second medal for one class. I finally got 3 stars then I was on a map that was bad for sniping so I figured I'd get engineer and use the medic sub since I unlocked both of their combination medals. As I went to equip the blood bags I was able to select all the other sub badges I had. Then I proceeded to engineer with the C4.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:18 pm 
Goblin Smithy

I'm getting a heck of a lot better at scout. My score consists, usually, of above 10 kills and 1 or 2 deaths most of the time (if I'm playing Body count). If I'm playing on a server with all the modes going with a long ass timelimit, I'll be about 30 kills and 5 deaths lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:51 pm 
Random Man

You won't believe this. I just discovered that there is a zoom button for the normal scout. I have been killing with just the naked scope view. The funny thing is, I found it out in a skill up room. I got tired of not getting the eagle eye medal. I thought I only had to get 5 but when I got 5 I discovered that it was 8/8 just like the normal badge medals. I pretty much gave up on it then and when someone on my flist asked me if I wanted to skill up I figured, why not. Now I have 2 more to go.

The dude that made the skill up room did it wrong. 100 kills and 30 minutes... Yea I took part in three of those and got two air support ribbons and 1 eagle eye medal for it. The ribbons don't stack! You can only get 1 per group at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 am 
Random Man

Oh snap, I got the Valor Cross. Top 3% rank in KZ2 mp. Still on level 2 or 3 in campaign. Can't stop playing multiplayer. Just need to unlock tactician, and Assault's combine badge abilities. Oh and that darn eagle eye medal. Then I can just play with no worries. I want the top 1% one. Red stands out better. I think you can lose them though, so it will only be temporary if you don't keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:13 pm 
Black Thumb

Have to check this out. But yeah Kaise, fuck Halo. I swear it's designed for people with the slowest reaction time in the world.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:16 am 
Random Man

Oops, turned out I had eagle eye after all. So you start with the normal zoom scope, then unlock the upgrade with the eagle eye badge. I just got so many snipe kills on that desert map. I was picking them off left and right thanks to the new scope. I think I may reconsider being a scout. My favorite is saboteur, the thief of this shindig.

Edit: People are banning Assault from their rooms, and clan matches. What will happen if there is a clan match that allow Assault, we'd be so used to not dealing with them that they'd over run us. I remember playing in noob areas when I was new. I was flipping out over my team mates killing me which turned out to be a saboteur. Now everyone pretty much know how to deal with saboteurs (turrets, and air support bots). They see right through saboteurs, scout's scan also spot them and they appear as a red dot on the map, but are actually marked with a target tag for the sniper (the tag stay on the screen, even through walls).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 am 
Goblin Smithy

Yorke wrote:
Have to check this out. But yeah Kaise, fuck Halo. I swear it's designed for people with the slowest reaction time in the world.

Damn strait. The only game out of the Halo series that I liked is 1 and that's because It was the only FPS my cousin had at his house when I used to hang out with him. Halo 2 and 3 can take it up the ass for all I care. The Halo series is pretty much a hype train now. People that have never played it are like "OHMYGOD HALO IS TEH BEST EVAR!!!"

On another note; LOL at assault banning. I was waiting for someone to start that shit. I'm sick and tired of 20 rockets going off at the same time every 5 seconds, especially when I try and use my rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 am 
Random Man

Ok we tried letting assaults in. Assaults are so weak. When they face people they get owned because their rockets are limited and slow. I was able to easily dodge them an kill them as an engineer (shotgun). They are fast but they can't go around using their flee due to it's cool down. It dont last long either. We had friendly fire on so there was no spamming rockets. They had to carefully shoot.

Now, about tacticians that throw spawn points right on top of the objective. Now that's what create the massive chaos. People spawn, grenades go off until they're out. Then respawn, more grenades. I think when people die their grenades shouldn't be refreshed unless they took 3 minutes to die. Heck they shouldn't be refreshed on grenades. That would make engineers repair the ammo boxes.

About the ammo boxes......... Stay away from those things in a fight!! They blow up and take out 50 people with it. Note my death before the mass ammo crate explosion. Put a single c4 on ammo crates. It usually take 3 c4's to take out a healthy player.

Edit: Assassinating people in this game feel so good. For one I did just now I lobbed a cooked grenade over the auditorium and got the target and his guard. The target was mortally wounded so it took a while for his life to pass and for my team to get the point. I thought I missed at first. Who in their right mind hide out in a auditorium. Haven't throwing airplanes in them taught you that no eye is safe there?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:40 am 
Goblin Smithy

So what about the top %3 rank being a mistake?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 pm 
Random Man

It's not a mistake. It just last for one week. So you can't slack or someone else will take your spot. My rank dropped shortly after making this sig, because I wasn't playing the game enought.

I finally got my air support medal. Expect class tweaks and such. All class based online games get them. Also we need a pyro in the game. The boost (flee) ability isn't as useful as I thought it would be. I just end up running into walls. Assaults aren't as awesome as people made them out to be, but they do need a bit of nerfing Scout too.

Edit: I'm going to enter my first clan battle today. We came in second place last tournament. Now that I have all my class stuff unlocked I'm ready to participate and just straight up play, and not worry about getting ribbons. Well I still need that sick magnum pistol but screw it, if I'm in a fire fight and have to reload I'll die like a man with my gimp pistol out.

I should probably warm up before the game.

Edit: Oh man, a stinking tie. I can't believe this. Clan events shouldn't be allowed to end in a tie. There should be final deathmatch objective to break ties even if deathmatch was already done. Gah!

Edit: Man this game is a stinkin roller coaster ride. I think I mentioned that I started the single player on Veteran from when I first got it. I finally made it pretty far in the game and this stuff is insane. The XXXXXX part reminded me of the thing in Aliens the movies. I felt like a beast in it, but it being on veteran I still had to be careful. I'm definitely playing that part over and over when I finish the game. So fun, they should have a whole mode dedicated to that thing. Like some game based around it or a survival mode where you're in it to see how far you can last.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 am 
Goblin Smithy

Got last night if ne1 still plays.

AF928 - tag

the true story of six motherfuckin strangers bein put in a motherfuckin house and have their motherfuckin lives taped