It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:03 pm 
Random Man

Women still go through a lot more than men. Working out isn't painful, it's more fun and competitive. I've been working on my stamina for some reason I get tired quick while playing ball. I get beat up a lot while playing ball on the street, not because of how I look but because I try too hard (broke tibia and fibula, almost lost a tooth, etc.) but it's darn fun and keeps me healthy. Being a dude that likes to read poetry, or sensitive isn't painful, it's just other people that bring the pain to him. Not cold weather when he's almost naked, and walking around all day in high heels. Dudes don't think about the way they look like girls do. I bet few dudes in Eden worry about they're too skinny, or too fat. Women seem more emotional, they go through a lot of moods and guys just don't have to deal with estrogen. The letting girls into clubs for free, and giving them free drinks are just part of a game. The more girls in a club the more guys are willing to pay to get into the club, and a free drink is nothing when you're trying to see if a girl is interested in you. Also, women shouldn't have to hit on/chase guys, although it's flattering.

Also, I think the personality of girls > looks. I was into a girl that was kinda plump but she was so down to earth and like a version of me. Her brother was like my best friend too. They don't need to be perfect 10s although it's not good to even have those types due to everyone being after them, and those types being high maintenance. Take your average New York dude, he don't care about sliming down, he's probably thinking about baseball, or work.

Omg the internet strikes again

Quote:
i love that piercing i cant wait untill i get mine back done.... everyone in my school thinks its nasty but who care i think its sexy and ya see ya

Posted by Alina

Quote:
omg i was looking trough all the peircings and i cant wait until im 16 so i can go and get it odne. every 1 thinks its nasty but i think its danm hot so w/e.

Posted by nikki

OMG no

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:56 pm 
Eden Alumni

Ploid wrote:
Dudes don't think about the way they look like girls do.

I beg to differ....

Ploid wrote:
I bet few dudes in Eden worry about they're too skinny, or too fat.

Welcome to the everyday life of the homosexual.

This whole topic is more of an albeit very narrow perspective of a male. Perhaps where you come from, your culture w/e, this is the common accepted perspective of how men and women should be. But remember, the world revolves around diversity, and no matter where you go, things will change. Be more open-minded.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:20 pm 
Random Man

Ah understood, I guess I'm quite protective of women as I have a lot of girl cousins and such. Women also seem very fragile to me, and men should be able to hold their own against most things (physical things like pushing their own broke down car while some volunteer steer). I'm also not saying women can't hold their own, might be the opposite actually. Seems like they can take/deal with a lot of pain that men would probably faint at. Think of this as a Women Appreciation thread if you must.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:29 pm 
lolmithrapld

I think Ploid is being the Gent, not many of those about anymore and that piercing is waaay not cool!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:34 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Scorsese wrote:
Ploid wrote:
Dudes don't think about the way they look like girls do.

I beg to differ....

Ploid wrote:
I bet few dudes in Eden worry about they're too skinny, or too fat.

Welcome to the everyday life of the metrosexual male.

omg bolded for truth and fact :< I care about the way I look, yo.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:57 am 
Brutal Sheep

Ploid wrote:
Ah understood, I guess I'm quite protective of women as I have a lot of girl cousins and such. Women also seem very fragile to me, and men should be able to hold their own against most things (physical things like pushing their own broke down car while some volunteer steer). I'm also not saying women can't hold their own, might be the opposite actually. Seems like they can take/deal with a lot of pain that men would probably faint at. Think of this as a Women Appreciation thread if you must.

I just quoted the stereotype that i was trying to point out in my last post. Also to clarify a few things:

I ment guys get physically bullied more often compared to girls.

Sure you think working out is fun and doesn't bother you, but there are alot of males who dreaded gym class and the gym in general. Just like woman are portrayed in the media as slim and sexy guys are supposed to be buff and manly.

What if a guy cant push a broke down car? Does that make him less manly than you? What if a woman can? Does that mean she isnt a proper lady? Trust me i know thats not what you ment, and im not trying to put words in your mouth but thats how it comes off.

btw Im pretty sure girls dont mind wearing high heels as much as you think they do because otherwise they wouldnt go crazy about shopping for them to go with their new clothes.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:19 am 
Cock atrice

I am a heterosexual man and my physical appearance is of great importance to me. (Helps me get laid)

And in reply to those pictures, I say again:

Women are fucking insane.

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 am 
Random Man

Of course getting a haircut, wearing neat comfortable clothes, and such is normal. Do you obsess over fitting pants you wore back in high school? Eat and then go to the toilet to stick your fingers down your throat (ok that's like a jrx bait, very few people do that and maybe even guys). It feels good to be clean and wear good looking threads, but we don't have much when it come to painful things to wear (a tie thats too tight?). Also maybe guys want to be a bit more thick, taller, shorter, thinner, but I don't see how they would be emotionally obsessed by it (ok jrx, I guess girls aren't obsessed with not being the way they want either. I have no clue what goes on in their heads. I asked Amy for a control). Ok I sound sexist now, so I take everything back I guess. Girls and guys act the same, they are built the same, and share the same hormones. Do'h (Yes I know some can benchpress more than I can).

Oh crap, my period started, and I also lost my tweasers to pluck my eyebrows!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:09 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Girls make themselves look pretty and attractive because they have it in them to reproduce. So they make themselves more attractive to the opposite sex. Men go out and hunt down these women to, again, reproduce, and through-out the entire planet and Biological state as we know it, men are the dominant species and women are the subserviant ones, and I don't give a shit how sexist that sounds, it's fucking true.

Women make themselves look pretty to get with a guy.
Guys don't because they have a penis and can stick it in anyone, even another guy (dogs are known to fuck another male, as a monkeys and horses).

Ploid... Deal with it.

It's today's society that has made us more culturally aware of being a bisexual, homosexual, merterosexual, asexual... Ultimately though, it always comes do to the age old arguement of Nature or Nurture... Are you born intelligant, or do you learn intelligance? Are you born gay, or do you come to understand the concept of being gay? When we are babies, we have 3 very specific tasks. Eat, Drink, Sleep. When we are 4 we learn about other people and that perhaps our own selfish needs don't come first. When we are 8, we come to understand that what we do has a direct impact on other people. When we are 12 we come to realise that we have to have some role in life, some thing to aspire to be because you cannot fit into society if you do not have something to contribute to it. When we are teenagers, we make the conscious choice of experiementing with different things (Drink, drugs, driving, sex, music, likes, dislikes, role models, favorite colours), all have a direct impact on your future. Sometimes its the experiences that you have in childhood that drive you to be the person you are now, and that you simply cannot help the way you turned out because your brain couldn't deal with it when you were younger, and when you are older cannot fathom why it has had such a detrimental impact on your life. When you are an adult, you're fully aware of all the dangers about being a human being. Whether we choose to accept those or deny them are down to personality traits, and how we dress, act, feel, sexual preference and even our favorite TV show has something to do with both when you were born and the way you were brought up.

Nature says "Look good to get pregnant".
Nurture says "Look good to get fucked and have fun".

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:29 pm 
Brutal Sheep

Actually society says look good to get pregnant

Ploid dont feel like you have to be politically correct here by saying both men and women are equal, its a good thing to respect women for the things they have to go through, but i dont think you should feel sorry for them.

Thats like a rich person feeling sorry for a poor person just because they are poor. That person doesnt want pity for the way they live or who they are,

Or like say you went to a ghetto high school and when people ask you what high school you went to they go "I'm sorry"

Guys and girls are not equal, its easy to see by their bodies. However, just like that girl might think she needs to do things to fit into what society thinks of girls, there are just as many boys joining sports teams because they dont want to be known as losers.

As for the weight thing, well i was on the wrestling team so i think i know a thing or two about hundreds of guys who obsesses with it to one extent or another.

I know guys who do their eyebrows

Not all guys have short hair, there are guys who obsess about their hair with moose and gel as much as girls do, just dont see it as often because many guys dont grow it out.

Lets not forget we gotta put a blade to our face in the morning!

Wearing comfortable clothes isnt a pain IF you wear the current style. If tight jeans and turtle necks make you comfortable you will get a really hard time for it. I think we all tend to dress like society expects us, and if you do it right then you will feel good in that clothes. When you think you look good you will feel good, and so hell yeah its gonna be comfortable to wear some nice threads wit a fresh cut.

However, the same can be said about girls, and thats why they love shopping for clothes that makes them look good. Sure your friend is an exception but there are plenty exceptions for the guys like i just said.

Last but not least(not like this has any sense of flow anyway), the ultimate x factor into showing how guys feel they need to be strong rivals if not beats woman trying to look good...steroids. Look at professional sports and see how many people are accused of using steroids. People getting suspensions from it all the time in football, scandals poppin up all over baseball...and this is only about current stars. Lets not forget about the non record setting players who have retired before this all came about. Lets not forget about all the professional wrestlers and college maybe even high school athletes who have taken these drugs for the reason of being more of a man.

Not every guy is an athlete and not every athlete takes steroids, but not every girl is a model with eating disorders. Its not right to overlook either, and might not even be worth comparing. Just saying that both sexes have alot to deal with in the context of American society.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:53 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
I know guys who do their eyebrows

Not all guys have short hair, there are guys who obsess about their hair with moose and gel as much as girls do, just dont see it as often because many guys dont grow it out.

I loled at that, but yea that's true. Dudes with a unibrow would most likely pluck it, and dudes with corn rows would have someone to "braid his hair" lol. I make fun of those friends and family members of mine that did grow their hair out like that to have it braided to follow a silly trend. They ended up cutting it and a heck of a lot more time now that they don't have to fix it up. Also they don't have to worry about a itching scalp. Oh I made fun of them in a joking way, not to hurt people feeling. Laughing with them, not at. I even cut one of the people I'm talking about hair off, that stuff was nearly impossible to do quickly.

Edit: also about the i feel sorry for women thing. One thing I'm sure all of us could wish is that they felt no pain at all during pregnancy and child birth. That mess looks sick, and yea I hope no one I'm with has to go through that. Good things I don't care much for having children, that alone (Child Development class, aka catch up with sleep opportunity) would have killed that hope anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:14 pm 
lolmithrapld

lol Childbirth hurts.... lots
but one thing most dont mention are "after pains"
when you have baby no one mentions the niggly little pain afterwards as everything starts contracting till it gets back to original size, nor do they mention that the more children you have the more those niggly pains get stronger with each child you have and the fact they turn into breath taking, toe curling pains that last longer than the niggly pains you had with a first born. Trust me after 4 i know what im talking about Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:30 pm 
Brutal Sheep

pain is part of the process of becoming a mother

No pain, no game amirite?!

lol seriously though, theres medicine and stuff so that they dont have to take the pain if they dont want to ploid. Some still choose to go through natural child birth since they want the experience.

Guys get a little pain here and there too. Go get yourself checked for stds(not that i have...) or come back when your 40. I think its 40 when you get violated at the doctors, dont look forward to that.

Oh and if its any consolation for having to go through child birth, men always have a shorter life span than woman.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:33 pm 
Random Man

Wonder if animals have as hard of a time with that than people. Much respect to mothers. Most important people in the world. Mother's day should be a mother's month lol, and of course every day you should treat your mother right.

Jrx from what my cousin/aunts say, after that medicine wears off the pain comes back. Epidural is it? something like that. What's the down side of taking that medicine? I'm sure if it had none everyone would pass on the temp pain prevention.

Quote:
Side Effects You Might Have

* ITCHING is rather common but tends to be mild. It can be treated easily if you tell your nurse.
* NAUSEA AND VOMITING happens in 5-15% of patients. Anti-nausea medicine can be given for this.
* DIFFICULT URINATION may be the result of your surgery, other medicine, or the epidural. A drainage catheter into your bladder may be needed to drain your urine.
* NUMBNESS is caused by the local anesthetic (it is much like the medicine the dentist gives). It can cause weakness; tell your nurse if this happens! The strength of the medicine may need to be changed.

Cost

Any form of pain management has a cost. The hospital charges for supplies and medicines. The Department of Anesthesiology participates with all insurance companies and accepts their payment as full payment for care given, including epidural pain control. One exception: If you have co-pay insurance, a part of the total bill will be sent to you.

Ya, I'm still glad there's no possible way I can get pregnant :\ Well there's always those aliens planting a seed in my chest ; ; Rydiah better kill those aliens before they take over.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:49 pm 
Eden Alumni

I show no pity towards women over men.

There will always be that double standard that unfortunately men cannot take advantage of. Men cannot, well not in most case, bat their eyes and touch themselves to get out of a ticket. Men are not offered deals to come to clubs as women are, and no valet. Women get all this free shit, and men get nothing. On top of that, modern women demand equality in all aspects of the world.

It's crap. THEREFORE!, imo, if women want to be treated as equals, then I don't feel bad for them at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:38 pm 
Brutal Sheep

You got me on the side effects part, but then again i was told side effects of getting my wisdom teeth taken out could include permanent damage to my jaw for life!

Nah i agree with you though, mothers deserve a ton a respect for what they go through and for taking care of children.

However, not all girls are mothers and not all mothers are good mothers or good women. Plenty use children against the father to their advantage. Plenty claim a certain person is the father and flat out lie about having sex with other people because they dont want the other guy(guys) to be the father.

Ill point back to the kanye west song "18 years, 18 years, on the 18th birthday he found out it wasnt his"

women are manipulative and will stop at nothing to get what they want!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:55 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

Scorsese wrote:
I show no pity towards women over men.

There will always be that double standard that unfortunately men cannot take advantage of. Men cannot, well not in most case, bat their eyes and touch themselves to get out of a ticket. Men are not offered deals to come to clubs as women are, and no valet. Women get all this free shit, and men get nothing. On top of that, modern women demand equality in all aspects of the world.

It's crap. THEREFORE!, imo, if women want to be treated as equals, then I don't feel bad for them at all.

Dude, that's because men are letting women get all this shit. <.< Again, back to trying to score. If a guy does something for a woman, he, in the back of his mind, expects something in return. Hardly anyone behaves altruistically. Hardly anyone at all.

And Jrx is right... I have long hair and take much pride in my appearance, and spend about 10 minutes in the bathroom before I go to work making sure that it's set right. That hte highlights fall in the right place, that it's straightened in the right place, that my fringe is in the right place... I'm so paranoid about there being a kink in the back of my head it's unbelievable.

Only once, ONCE has my hair ever been absolutely perfect to the extent that it was the sexiest thing in the world there and then. And that was when I showered before Dynamis, let it naturally dry, curled it up in a towel and slept on it. In the morning, it was flat, straight, and it had a little curl at the front which said "FUCK ME!". I just I orgasmed over myself in the mirror that day, it was that beautiful.

I try too hard to look good. Often I have a shower, let it dry, staighten it, then walking across the forecourt to work, the wind blows, and it's all shot to hell. So I sit down, staring at myself for the next 9hrs just wishing I could do something to the little sticky bit on the crown of my head.

Yes... Being a man can be bad too.

Well, self-obsessed man, anyway.

Obsessive compulsive.

Anally retentive.

Pick one...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:32 am 
Cock atrice

childbirth=accidental poopage