It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I have a 46" 1080p blah blah all that good stuff words here + Blu-Ray player, I know what it's like but if I sit down and watch Dumb and Dumber on VHS I'm really not gunna care.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm 
Random Man

The one on the left is a zoom of the guy on DVD, and the right is Blu Ray.

ItsSeflol wrote:
I have a 46" 1080p blah blah all that good stuff words here + Blu-Ray player, I know what it's like but if I sit down and watch Dumb and Dumber on VHS I'm really not gunna care.

Normal DVDs annoy me with the bad look they got going on on my tv. I can't imagine looking at a vhs on that size tv. Maybe a SD tv. Btw SD tvs make things look smoother. Like play a wii on a sdtv and you won't see much of the jaggy edges, but play it on a HDTV and the free smoothing isn't there, and you get every detail of the jaggy edges and imperfections. SDtv is like looking through beer goggles, HDtv is like being sober.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:31 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I have my Wii hooked up on my HDTV.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:44 am 
Random Man

And don't it look sharper and more jaggy than when you play it on a SDTV?

PS2 FFXI looks great on a SDTV but when I played it on a HDTV it looked heddious. The same when I would export images to the pc. I always thought the exported images looked far worse than what I actually saw on the tv. More jaggies, more scars, and less make up (the two metaphorically speaking). Playing none HD formats on HD tvs reveal what those things really are. SDTVs could get away with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:56 am 
K-Fed Stunt Double

i only collect movies i like...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 am 
Random Man

Do you find that when you see a movie you really like on tv and finally get it on disk that you hardly watch it? Like if I saw Galaxy Quest on tv I'd stop and watch it, but now that I have the disk I don't watch it much.

Totally left field, do you guys think chick flicks really do anything for relationships? Girls like to watch them with their bf/husbands but I don't think it changes anything. I guess it's supposed to inspire the guy to be fake and all hollywood. That stuff isn't real or practical. How often do people start ripping their gf's clothes off as soon as they get into the house for passionate sex like in the movies? And how many adults believe in santa.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 am 
K-Fed Stunt Double

My personal experience is that if you cry to a chick flick your lady will give you sex. Something about those movies give women hope that what they have is the same or close to what is being portrayed on the tv.

i cried to the notebook, like real tears.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:43 am 
Random Man

lol, I never seen that. Is it good? I'll make a Vday gift of it if it is. I mean if it made you cry it has to be. Hitting amazon now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:37 am 
K-Fed Stunt Double

It's actually a pretty sad story. Really makes you think of what could have been. /emotional off

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 am 
Random Man

lol iticus

So, I'm getting a new, bigger, badder, more awesomer tv. This new hobby rox. Need a theater like popcorn machine. The microwave popcorn don't get it right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:28 am 
Cock atrice

52" Full HD LCD TV, baby! Surround home theatre with 500w speakers and a 1000w sub! And I love me sum bluray. I only wish the selection of bluray movies was better, and that they weren't so damn expensive. Or at least that blank bluray discs weren't so pricey. I have a bluray burner on my PC, but the discs are still too expensive that I'd risk buying some potential beer coasters, since burning sometimes bugs out.

Incidientally, games like MGS4 are fucking awesome on a system like that.

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:03 am 
Random Man

There are some ways to get blu movies for cheap. Not blanks though. The movies are usually $25 if you shop good.

And dang 52in. Noice. I was going to get a 50inch, but might hover around 49 based on the tv I'm looking at.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:52 am 
Random Man

I just discovered this. I got the dvds and not blu ray sadly. But I didn't buy it so nothing I could do. It's a pretty good show, and I thought it would be boring. Mainly because Najii was crazy about it, and he's white.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 am 
Black Thumb

lol, white people.

yeah, that show is baller though.

I don't see the point in collecting movies since I don't watch them more than once a year MAYBE.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 am 
Random Man

I like having them to entertain and such. My gf likes to watch movies with me. It's more of a talk while watching event where it strikes up interesting conversations, or we make jokes. Think mystery science theater. We cut the talking to a minimum if it's the first time we see it, or if we're at the movie theater watching out of respect for other people (we're not loud). While entertaining friends we usually have a day out of week where we just watch something from the collection with even more talking, and maybe PS3 on the other tv.

Con Air started this thing. That movie is good no matter how many times you watch it. The silly movies like Flubber from disney followed. Now, with the HD era, surround sound, and huge tv's, it's easy to get a movie theater experience at home.

The best use out of this collecting is the holidays though. Christmas movies, thanksgiving themed movies, summer movies when it's cold, winter movies when it's hot. Since I hardly pay enough attention to tv schedules and miss all the good shows it's like a radio station to me now. This collection is my physical ipod. Of course there's tivo but HDD space is limited.