Post subject: Fallout 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:12 am 
Sex in a Cup

Time to cum...

bbl

Post subject: Re: Fallout 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:23 pm 
Random Man

Such an awesome game. AWESOME! GAME! I wish it had online co op or something since you can have AI follow you around like a person would in online. Can even share armor, and items with the ai (use them as a walking box to hold items).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:27 pm 
Bitter Canadian

is it for ps3? if it's as pwn as you say perhaps i'll buy it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:29 pm 
Not really long

It sucks dick. Like really.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:31 am 
Random Man

Boba wrote:
It sucks dick. Like really.

What, no way. The game is darn awesome. One of the best, well actually the best western rpg I ever played. Yes it's on PC, PS3, and Xbox360. The game is pure adventure, you really feel like you're exploring a world after a fallout and that what you do effect things. I plan on playing it again and doing things differently, I was a saint my first run. I don't usually play rpgs over again so soon, I immediately wanted to play this over again. Not only to be a prick, but to pick different skills, and such. The game has got quite a bit of charm too.

(looks for a video review)

Btw I hated Oblivion after I found out that how the system worked (enemies scale with you, exp is nothing more than skill upping, and when you get a certain amount of skills it's pretty impossible to get more unless you spend a year doing nothing but it to level up. Merchant skills, look that up on oblivion. Buying and selling thousands of arrows 1 at a time, this is how we exp!). Fallout 3 beats Oblivion over the head with a sledge hammer, or nuke if you will. Everything is well done, except for the aiming with the gun. It's a rpg and has this dice thing were you don't actually have to have the crosshairs over the target to register the hit, and you can miss even though you have it over the target. VATS is beautiful and is better to use than manual aiming.

Reviews: The first link explain the game better than the other two. Especially the decisions part (carma, leveling up certain things, etc).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBF7uX73j-s&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH39F7U46t4&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0dX84fwgA&fmt=18

Someone playing. Watching someone play isn't the same as playing yourself however.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Nt-2Vd4nY&fmt=18

A vid someone made that goes to Rivet City from the start area. Posting to show how big the world is, also I loved when I first arrived in Rivit City the first time. Seeing the had me in awe (I know, it's just a game, but I was sucked in). I can't see this being a crap game. Maybe it's because of my tasts, or something, I don't know, but I enjoyed this game a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7033zMTt9mE&fmt=18

Looking at those reviews, I haven't seen a good deal of what was shown. The world is huge, and there are a ton of things to do in it. Some of your actions may prevent your ability to do said quests or find/unlock certain quests. Sometimes you forget about different things (I found a group of vampires and I was given the option to join them, but I had my mind on finding a certain person and I didn't want to risk being evil possibly).

Last edited by Ploid on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:12 am 
Sex in a Cup

Speaking of Sledgehammers... I like mine and hitting mutie puppies in the face a few times then getting blasted by some fucking super mutant hiding in the bushes...

So fun!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:17 am 
Random Man

Also if you can play this on pc, or are willing to play this on pc, do so. They can mod Fallout 3 now. People are making it even better, and adding to it. Modding made Oblivion for PC great all the way through, and look even better.

Some pics from my fallout 3 thread on the second page of this forum.

Sureaboutthis' character
http://nineroses.net/pics/fallout2.jpg

World map with some* of the areas of interest.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallo ... andmap.png

And these are just pictures.

Oh and a tip for newbs, don't mess with computers if you don't have a high science level. Save before you try to hack. The way hacking works is you are supposed to guess what word is the password. Don't pick symbols, it's actually a word. For example you will have to find a 3 letter password with FAR, FAD, DOG as the pool of words. You pick FAR and it says you have 2 letters correct. Then don't pick DOG because you'll most likely have 1 more try.

What I do for hacking is save before I attempt, then pick random words, if I have a good idea before I'm out of choices then I start using the brain. But for 8 and 9 letter words it gets a bit too much of a sink to try figuring out what it is the correct way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:39 am 
Not really long

I really am not fond of it, the lack of any health items while going through dungeons, piss poor quality of the weapons I have come across so far, and strength of enemies in front of me so early on in the game has ruined it for me.

Im at the science museum btw, trying to return the dish for the radio station. :/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:47 am 
Random Man

Boba wrote:
I really am not fond of it, the lack of any health items while going through dungeons, piss poor quality of the weapons I have come across so far, and strength of enemies in front of me so early on in the game has ruined it for me.

Im at the science museum btw, trying to return the dish for the radio station. :/

If you don't find stimtec or whatever it's called, don't be scared to drink the water, or eat the rat meat or whatever biological remains you find. Radiation won't ruin you unless it go over around 800. I eat rat meat before stimtecs. I save those injections for when I have no other option.

About the strength of the enemies, are you're weapons and armor damaged? Do you repair them when they get too low in damage output and defense? I had no problem with managing the enemies. They weren't easy but I didn't get road blocked... often. Are the enemies raiders? If you got unlucky and crossed raiders (they show up randomly and should be avoided if you aren't equipted for the fight) do like the radio says and run run run. I liked trouble and faced them head on after saving the game. Even made a vid of it. Although I used a cheap tactic of mines and staying in a corner. But I wasn't supposed to win the fight heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhX2PyHSLIs&fmt=18

Science museum is a good way into the game if I recall correctly. Hmm.

Actually I didn't do that dish quest I think. I never met 3dog either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:21 am 
Random Man

These pictures are spoilers. When you make it to this part you will be shocked. So if you find that you might play this game do not click.

Image Just so you know what I'm talking about.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/j ... C03407.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/j ... C03402.jpg

So awesome. Turned off the game when I went in one of the houses that was all dark and stuff. Also I could have got out without killing people, but I found out too late. The game is all kinds of awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:07 am 
Goblin Smithy

Where you get that heavy armour ploid? And how are you able to wear power armour or whatever? I cant find a trainer. Im trying to get all the map done along with other quests before I even look for dad and the quests for that. Took me awhile to finally figure out how to get over to Rivet city. Also, another good trick to use is when your picking locks with the bobby pins. If you think your going to break the pin, just exit out of it and you dont lose a pin and you just try over. For the comp. hacking, it gives you clues as to how many letters in the word you have in the right place. So, lets say the right word is Faction, and you try Emotion, it will say you have 4/7 right. Anyway let me know about the armour and what your best weapon is. Im addicted to the combat shotgun. I love luring mobs into a closed space and wait around a corner, pull up the vat system when they turn the corner and blow their heads off. Its great. Also, I got the mysterious gunmen perk. He shows up about every 3-4th mob i use the Vat. Oh, and a must is the infirmary and chem set for your house in megaton. Great to have, saves you caps.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:12 am 
Random Man

Paladin Gunner is the guy that trains for the power armor. I had a hard time finding him at the brotherhood of steele headquarters. You can only get it when you make it to a certain point in the story.

About the weapons, I also like the combat shotgun. The thing is a beast. For long range I use that sniper rifle. My repair skills were very high, not 100 but close.

Oh for power armor you pretty much have to find your father. (spoil you know what I'll just leave it at that. Find your father, get your power armor much later. You have a long way to go. And for where I find my power armor, I got a good set of red power armor by stalking Outcast members. They wouldn't let me join them but they let me work for them. I just followed them around and wait for them to be attacked (I was playing as a good dude, didn't want to get on their bad side). Then when they died I would take their stuff, repair it with the duplicates and be pimp. The armor with the glowing bits are better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:27 pm 
Not really long

I do, I eat whatever has +hp on it, still keep getting owned. Also, if where Im at atm is far in Im going to be pissed, because I really dont have much time racked up on it at all :/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:47 pm 
Daddy

Boba wrote:
I do, I eat whatever has +hp on it, still keep getting owned. Also, if where Im at atm is far in Im going to be pissed, because I really dont have much time racked up on it at all :/

There is a difficulty slider.

You can sneak to avoid conflict. If somthing big finds you, then run away. You are a teenage boy with no weapons training who just stepped out of a vault into a radioactive wasteland full of mutants. You aren't supposed to charge into it like Rambo or Duke Nukem. You will eventually be a badass, but that takes time and training. The game does nothing to prevent you from blundering into Supermutant Central, so be carefull out there.

If all else fails hit ~ and type tgm.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:00 pm 
Galkan Sausage

both oni and i really liked this game

i liked the idea that you can make yourself a smooth talker, and then your speaking options are different or have a higher chance of success. very very fun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:08 am 
Random Man

lol Boba is a newb. Sorry I always wanted to say that. Ok not really, that is reserved for Aemora.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 am 
Goblin Smithy

My friend went straight through the game without doing extra quests and exploring. He finished in about 30 hours. I read that if you explore everything and do all the side quests, well over 100-200 hours worth of playing. So I havnt even touched the main quest line and exploring. Like I said, pick everything up you can, make several trips to traders. And DONT BLOW UP MEGATON!! Having the room there is nice. Buy the chem set and infirmary and you can get rid of your rad yourself as well as detox yourself. Very convienient and you can drink and eat all you want.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 am 
Random Man

I never had my own room. I just found abandoned houses, and buildings with storage and use them. I was a drifter. I was even bold enough to use the Brotherhood of Steel's Paladin sleeping quarters as my storage. No items were lost.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:53 am 
Goblin Smithy

It saves a lot of money to just sleep in a random bed instead of using healing items, you only need to sleep 1 hour I think

the true story of six motherfuckin strangers bein put in a motherfuckin house and have their motherfuckin lives taped

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:21 pm 
Random Man

Yep that too.