It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tokyo Fanfest Details
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:13 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

“Fields of Valor”
    Fields of Valor is a new in-game system which has been a long time in the coming. By using an item called a “Field Manual” near outposts or in close vicinity to cities, players may undertake quests to fell a designated number of certain beasts. Completion of these hunting quests will net players experience points. This may prove the perfect small-scale endeavor for players waiting for a party invite, or mayhap on those occasions when you might not have quite enough time to join a leveling party, but still want to spend a little time having fun.
      ※Please not that monsters must yield experience in order to be constitute confirmed kills.
      ※Fields of Valor quests may be flagged once per Vana’diel day—a relatively short waiting period compared to other in-game events.

Treasure Caskets
    Following the conclusion of combat, a “Treasure Casket” will appear to bring a little bit of cheer to the hunt-weary adventurer.

These treasure caskets may contain two types of rewards: temporary items and regular items. The goods which players receive will differ according to the area they are in, but for the most part will consist of items such as medicines to aid them in battle, and, for the luckiest of souls, exclusive gear which can only be obtained on the hunt!
    The two in-game systems detailed above will be introduced in the December version update, and do not require the installation of any expansion packs. They will subsequently be built upon and eventually move into other areas as well, with precedence being given to public favorites.

Scholars and Dancers Rejoice!
    The next version update will also see the introduction of Group 2 merit point abilities for the scholar and dancer jobs. While Fan Festival 2008 in Japan will proudly play host to the unveiling of the scholar’s new enhanced abilities, a tight lid will be kept on the dancer’s secrets until the American Fan Festival, slated for early December.
      Altruism
        Light Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
        Increases the accuracy of your next white magic spell.
      Focalization
        Dark Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
        Increases the accuracy of your next black magic spell.
      Tranquility
        Light Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
        Your next white magic spell will generate less enmity.
      Equanimity
        Dark Arts Stratagem (requires two charges).
        Your next black magic spell will generate less enmity.

Enlightenment
        Optimizes both white and black magic capabilities and allows access to both addenda for your next spell. Recast: 10min.
      Stormsurge
        Storm-type spells grant a bonus to attributes associated with their element.
        Initial bonus value: +3.

The scholar and dancer relic attire sets will also make their way to Vana’diel this winter! Naturally, players will have to venture into the Dynamis areas should they hope to acquire them. Happy hunting!

Level Sync
    When a Level Sync designee levels up, party members will no longer lose the effects of beneficial statuses such as Protect, nor will they lose their TP. Charmed pets will also no longer be released, even if they are of a level higher than the player controlling them. In addition, “evasion,” “enmity,” and “HP/MP recovered while healing” will be added to the list of equipment attributes which will remain active and be adjusted by the Level Sync system. While keeping both the gear for certain level ranges and their attributes in mind, we plan to continue to carry out modifications to make both Level Sync and level-restricted areas as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Delve into Business with the Moblin Maze Mongers!
    ”Moblin Maze Mongers” is the official, final product of the work-in-progress introduced at last year’s Fan Festival under the provisional moniker, “Private Dungeon.”
Outline
    The sole premise behind the development of M.M.M. was a to fashion a system defined by the ability for anywhere from one to six players to engage in relatively laidback gameplay.
    In keeping with several of the pre-existing themes of Vana’diel, we decided to implement the system as a series of labyrinths run by Moblins for adventurers to explore. Let the spelunking begin!
Flow
    First, the players themselves determine the rules for their maze. Once these rules are in place and the proper preparations made, it’s down into the maze! Should players prove fortuitous enough to clear their maze, their efforts will not go unrewarded.
    Designed to accommodate both inexperienced newcomers and seasoned veterans alike, maze options will cover a wide spectrum of possibilities, while at the same time maintaining an easy-to-grasp simplicity.
Rules
    There are two main categories of items which are utilized in the new M.M.M. system.
    The first of these are “Maze Tabulae.” These are best thought of as a kind of game board. By placing various pieces, described below, on this board, players will determine the specific nature of their maze. The second category of items is comprised of “Maze Vouchers” and “Maze Runes.” These will be used by players to set the rules and arrange the interior of the maze.
    The vouchers determine what type of adventuring the player will undertake. For example, it may be an all-out brawl against a large number of foes, or overcoming obstacles through skillful acts of synthesis, etc. The runes, then, will function to set up and populate the maze in accordance with the rules laid forth by the vouchers. This includes, but is not limited to, such details as the type of enemies that will be faced and their degree of difficulty, the location of objects throughout the maze, the imposition of further rules and regulations, and so on.
Maze Vouchers & Maze Runes
    If the Maze Tabula represents the game board, then the Maze Vouchers and Maze Runes can fittingly be thought of as the game pieces. By arranging these on the tabula, players will determine the rules and layout of their mazes. When designing their mazes, players will have to take into account that certain pieces are specific to certain maze configurations. For example…

Image Image Image Image

Procuring Items
    To start with, the Moblins will furnish players with a beginner’s set. At present, the idea is for players to obtain other tabulae, vouchers, and runes as rewards for their maze escapades, with even further items possibly becoming available in the future at public events such as Fan Festival or in-game seasonal events.
There’s More!
    In addition to all of this, the M.M.M. system will also allow players to share their maze creations with one another. Although a restriction will be imposed limiting the number of uses, players will be able to obtain these “third-party” tabulae from a mediator NPC. The rewards available will be directly affected by the rules and degree of difficulty in play, so be sure and try your hand at as many variations as possible!
Myriad Uses
    Just like fighting enemies virtually anywhere else in Vana’diel, combat within the maze depths will yield both experience points and skillups. There is also the possibility of increasing your crafting skills, should the theme of the maze be based on synthesis. Capable of accommodating players up to a crafting skill of 60, it may be just the right venue for you and a friend to practice your handiwork.
Rewards and Remuneration
    Clearing a maze will yield two types of rewards: treasure chests and M.M.M.-specific points. Within the chests, players can expect to find any of a variety of equipment and M.M.M.-related items. Also, amassing M.M.M. points will allow players to purchase other M.M.M. pieces. There are even designs to introduce gear which can only be obtained by braving the mazes!

Crap about Wedding shit...

WOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SCHOLAR AFFFFFFFF, Knew that shit had to be black. Body better have Refresh, or the Mortarboard. Stormsurge looks interesting, but it's probably a JA they will impliment as its on a timer, but all the Category 2 Strategems looks shit if they consume 2 Strategems.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:39 pm 
Daddy

Aemora wrote:
“Fields of Valor”
[list]Fields of Valor is a new in-game system which has been a long time in the coming.

Sounds like the never used "Expeditionary Force" that has been in the game since day 1 is finally getting an overhaul.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:25 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Maze shit looks kewl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:31 pm 
Cock atrice

Im hoping the SCH AF2 is pwn too, i'd say maybe body will have another Sublimation Effect (4 HP->MP?) instead of a "Refresh" Effect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:46 pm 
Random Man

Darn you PSP. Darn you, die and merge into PSN!

Eh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I want my tuxedo. :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:33 am 
Crustache

a decent update?! probably not. meh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:46 pm 
Better than Kooyo

ItsSeflol wrote:

will u marry me ^^

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:10 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Scholar AF2 Body: MP+5, DEX+4, CHR+3, HP Recovered while healing +2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

"Teachers Beatings"

Latent: ATK+25 STR+10 DEX+10 with weapon drawn"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:36 pm 
Black Thumb

Lutia wrote:
Scholar AF2 Body: MP+5, DEX+4, CHR+3, HP Recovered while healing +2

lmfao

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:05 pm 
Random Man

Ya those stats are too good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Safersephx wrote:
ItsSeflol wrote:

will u marry me ^^

Can you annul my first marriage? >;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

lolusedanal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

wanna anal?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:40 pm 
Random Man

The skies in Europe are so bland and gray. I love it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:02 am 
Black Thumb

Matches their personalities^^

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:33 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Sorry, I completely misread this...

Sch Merits wrote:
Enlightenment
    Optimizes both white and black magic capabilities and allows access to both addenda for your next spell. Recast: 10min.
Stormsurge
    Storm-type spells grant a bonus to attributes associated with their element.
    Initial bonus value: +3.

Imagine this for total and utter win...

Anyone that has done Salvage with my Scholar, and anyone who has done Salvage with a Scholar, will know that Scholar is THE BEST mage job for any NM run (SS Gears being the expection). Erasaga, Stoneskinga, Phalanxga, Regenga 2 ... All these make melee take 0 damage. I will also toss out Enblizzardga or Enfirega too, whichever corresponding to the correct day, for added damage.

But Stormsurge, a T2 Merit for Scholar, will actually now add STATS to Weather spells... This puts Scholar is omfgggggggodly mode, as support, for any party roll. This of it like this...
    Firestorm will now add Strength.
    Sandstorm will now add Vitality.
    Thunderstorm will now add Dexterity.
    Windstorm will now add Agility.
    Hailstorm will now add Intelligence.
    Rainstorm will now add Mind.
    Aurorastorm will now add Charisma.
    Voidstorm will now add ... lolVoidstorm.
Now, when I'm Bard, I know that certain jobs ask, occasionally, for a Str Etude, or Int Etudes... Couple Enfire with Firestorm on Firesday... This will not only add about 20 dmg to each swing from the Enfire, enhance the effect itself with the Storm but boost your main damage with added Strength... womgggg... Of course, the effect remains to be seen (that is, will it be +3 per merit, or +3 then +1 there after). Still, Stormsurge is a no-brainer to merit on Sch.

Could put Sandstorm on the Tank party, give them extra Vitality to tank with (and I awesome in Tank party (Re: Cerberus hoooo)). Give individual Storms to individual jobs in a melee party; Thunderstorm to Thieves, Windstorm to Rangers, Aurorastorm to Bards, Rainstorm to White Mages, Firestorm to Warriors, Samurais, Dark Knights, Hailstorm to Black Mages...

Hell, I could go do Puddings on Iceday with Hailstorm, Hyorin Obi, gimme some Cream Puffs, and Ebullience nuke better than a fucklot of Black Mages. Imagine INT+15 from a Stormspell, kek...

SE really turned something comical into something worth having... Enlightenment, personally, I can see worth having because there's many times where I'm in Light Arts mode and we get a link and want to Sleep 2 it (which is only available in Dark Arts: Addendum mode). This means that whilst in LA mode Curing, and something is at 1 or 2%, you could pop Enlightenment, and Nuke without penalty. That's access to Poisona, Paralyna, Blindna, Silena, Cursna, Erase, Reraise, Viruna, Stona, Raise II, Reraise II, Sleep, Dispel, Sleep II, Stone IV, Water IV, Aero IV, Fire IV, Blizzard IV, Thunder IV at any given time... That's fucking sexy. Hope the recast is 2 minutes like Feint when fully merited, but I doubt it, other wise they could have just made this into a Strategem that costs 2 charges in the first place rly.

Kinda disappointed that they never added the ability to lower Strategem Recast, like Cor Quick Draw, or Rdm Convert, or Blm Elemental Seal (though anyone who merits this needs their head shot), or Whm Divine Seal. But Jesus, this is another epic patch for Sch, and AF2 womggg...

Gtfo all you Sch wannabes who are leveling my job >o You too Scor, noob...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:42 pm 
lolmithrapld

Ploid wrote:

The skies in Europe are so bland and gray. I love it!

rofl the stig on the pepsi max, last time i went on that fkr it was freezing cold driving rain, hurt like hell and was impossible to keep your eyes open :lmao: