It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:12 pm 
Random Man

Ok so this morning my pc was all fine and such. The internet was screwed up for the pc and PS3 (found out that I had to change from bellsouth.net to att.net. Darn merger or some crap). So then when I got home today the pc won't boot or anything. The power supply light (when hooked up to a surg) is on, and when I try to boot it after reconnecting the power cord the fans turn for one rotation and stop. Thats the only two activities I see. Everything else from HDDs to dvd drives are dead. Nothing shows up on the monitor. What happened?

I don't want to buy a new pc. I'm on this stupid small keys laptop, and I don't want to reformat and start over with that 1997 pc with win 98 on it. What the crap should I do? Is it the motherboard? How much do those cost? I think I have a micro tower box. Gah I hate PCs!! At least I fixed the internet thing. I guess someone was over and got mad that the internet wasn't working and took it out on my pc. I just upgraded the ram.. man this sucks. Stinking laptop.

Please tell me there's a easy fix. I'll spend a little cash I just don't want to go and buy a new tower pc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:09 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

what happened prior?

did u have a thunder storm or anything?

might be the mobo. idk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:41 am 
Random Man

Clear Mississippi day. But maybe a thunderstorm formed in the living room when facebook wouldn't load. The pc was always on due to Najii's advice. I asked what she did while I was gon, and she said that it was only restarted.

I'm probably going to get a new one. Having a pc here is pretty important. Were finally using the crappy laptop, but this gotta be temporary. For me at least, I don't understand how people play ffxi on these things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 pm 
Random Man

Ok I tried putting my power supply from my old pc into the good one that broke. The only thing that happened was the fans spun until I turned it off. The power supply for that system has a ATX12v cable that plugs into the mother board. The power supply that I made the fans spin with didn't have the ATX12v.

Ok when I put the ATX12v power supply into my old PC nothing happened. I'm wondering if i's possible that the power supply works and the motherboard just don't work still? I was about to get the new PC but figured the broke pc with good ram will still be broke.

Please help me because my friends don't know jack about pcs. I have no geek squad around here, and it would just be another e-waste in a dump somewhere. Halp me pc users/masters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm 
Random Man

Fixed. Man I hope I don't have to do this mess again. Now to find that star screwdriver to unscrew the rail system from the PS2 HDD. Then put that juicy 40gig hdd in my lame pc that's in the first picture (4g hdd in it, but I put that 40gig hdd in it while the good pc was broken. I had to format it because I installed Win 98se on it and it wouldn't work when I tried putting it back in the PC with the Win XP hdd).

My junky desk, and the formatting of the HDD that had windows 98se installed to it.

New power supply unit in the upper left corner. So glad it works.

Goodbye lame laptop and vista!

I'm turning this pc off everyday! Did I mention that PCs suck, and they frustrate me?