It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: It just occurred to me.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:31 pm 
Random Man

I doubt I'm ever going to start playing ffxi again, unless it has private servers (that ps2 users can play on), and free (rather buy psn games that I have no interest in). With Eudon out of the picture, I no longer feel guilty for not logging on (told him I was taking 1 month break a year and some months ago). That's not all, I can't really play much even if I wanted to. If I did play I'd just try helping out and log out if no one needed help (no dynamis, no sky/sea, etc).

With all that said, what should I do with the 40gig HDD in the ps2? Should I turn it into an external HDD, or try to figure out how to install HD Loader and my games onto it? I have about 37 ps2 games, and ff7 (psx). I hear the process of putting your games on it is a bit tedious. You have to go to your pc, to your ps2, back to your pc to add/take away more games. Not to mention the process of taking your game and putting it on your pc (don't know the term) to put on the HDloader HDD. I'm probably better off sticking with sticking the disks in there, but I like GTA:San Andreas a lot and if it makes that game run better I'd probably like that.

Yes I still have GTA4 and like GTA:SA more ;; (why rockstar, why?)

Edit: Oh

I also have this old PC that's 700mhz or something (ghz?) and has windows 98 on a 500mb partition (took me a long time to figure out how to partition a drive, but that was back when techtv was around). The whole HDD is 2gigs, It's compressed to 4 (don't know who compressed it or when, but I heard that was a bad idea so I never did it). It has the old ffxi hdd in it but the hdd don't work (it worked for a bit then stopped, just like when I was playing ffxi on it before I had to stop playing and order another. $100 on a month of ffxi, addiction or just crazy?). The memory is like 128 or less. It's sure not DDR ram, I tried sticking my old ram from this pc in it after getting the 1gig. This pc's ram has 3 separate teeth. I think 40 gigs for this might be overkill.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:54 pm 
Gender Illusionist

u said u played for me, not eudon........

:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:04 pm 
Random Man

I played for neither, and played because I liked getting stronger. I didn't want to stop but after playing bst I liked picking up the controller when I had time for a quicky (if a event wasn't going on of course). I hated long exp, and merits after bst. Also after I stopped caring about gear it's I spent a good while trying to help out, and seeing SE turn a win update into a typical tease update was cruel.

Also a load of people quit, and I got used to contacting the few that still play through these forums, psn games, and the blue moon chance I boot AIM (hey Jubo). Ploid is still in the shell at least. He seems more useful in his current state that I could be using him in my current state. (I still have CoD4 and only played it 2 times maybe in two months :\).

Edit:
HDD advice preez. Ok for more info, I'd like to use the 700mhz/ghz(?) pc but I run out of space because of my bonehead idea to give the OS 500mb instead of 1 of 4 gigs. If I have to I'd just give it one more partition (do they still make floppies) and be done with it with 40gigs! Oh but if I make it external and get a usb hub........ hmm.

Also, good times was had. Then gilsellers shattered my dreams and took mah money making bread and butter.

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:17 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Well If you got $600 laying around, you can build the same PC I built.

Case: Antec Ninehundred (sounds like a fucking hurricane when all the fans are on high lol)
Motherboard: eVGA nForce 680i SLI (might wanna go with the 780i now since it costs about as much I payed for my 680i when it first dropped in stores, $250)
CPU: Intel Core2Duo Wolfdale E8400 @ 3.0GHz
GPU: eVGA 8800GT Standard edition (overclocked to the highest factory overclocked 8800GT card in EVGA's lineup)
RAM: G.Skill DDR2 800 5-5-5-15 2GB (2x 1GB modules)
HDD: WD 7200RPM 160GB (bought it off some kid for 40, was 50 on new egg but he bought it bran new to find out he didnt have SATA lol)
PSU: Rosewille SLI Ready 650W Powersupply
DVD: I ganked it from suka lol. Ask him how much he paid for it lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:41 pm 
Random Man

Well about getting a whole new PC, I already have 3 and the latest was $500 (laptop, vista, with nvidia graphics card. Can't stand the small keys, and touch pad). The game ability of that laptop sucks even though it's nvidia. I don't really care for pc games much anymore though. Putting this HDD to use now that it's out of use. Although it do have quite a bit of saves from my ps2 games on it. But my PS3s also have PS2 games saves on them. I'll wait a bit for a new pc. They'll be hologram soon anyway. And sweet deal man. Wish PC's didn't intimidate me so much. Suka also got a killer deal on building a pc.

Also, the FFXI hdd has star shaped screws. I literally had to force the side rails off the old ffxi HDD because I couldn't get the things off. So if I go to a hardware store, it's called a star wrench? Why can't these sony bozos use normal screws.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:09 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

:dunno:
That is my contribution.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:29 am 
Random Man

You know, it's funny that I call the PS2 HDD a FFXI HDD. As if it was made specifically for FFXI :fag:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:21 am 

That's not funny. :plain:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:22 am 
Black Thumb

I am Ploid.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 am 
Random Man

Don't say that 3 times! :orly:

I'm surprised, no one congratulated me, or bought me an imaginary soda/cookie. What kind of internet friends are you!

Real Friends: Hey Ploid hows it going?
Real Ploid: Ahh man, I just decided to get a divorce. :|

Real Friends: .. Dude.. hey congratulations. let's go out today and celebrate.
Real Ploid: Yea yeah. ... Yea man I should celebrate.
Real Friends: You're free now man.
Real Ploid: Man I was always free. I wore the pants, I di.. yea, your right.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:24 am 
Geman Coast Guard

miss u proid :<

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:24 pm 
Random Man

I hope the Hardcore Sam Underground let you back in the clan. You were very impressive as a sam. Too bad BLM Unlimited, and Texas Rangers bought you out :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:25 pm 
Black Thumb

i miss ploid 2 ;<

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:30 pm 
Random Man

Dudes, I'm right here.

/looks in mirror.

OMGAWD wha wh where is my refle

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 pm 
Random Man

However, I decided that if I ever get old, and at the point where my kids want to put me in a nursing home I'm so going back to MMOs. Well that and owning people in chess and that disk sliding game! I own foos!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 pm 
Black Thumb

omg I love shuffleboard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:53 pm 
Random Man

I have a feeling by the time we're all old we'll be in some virtual world while in a cocoon in real life.

Quote:
Cypher: You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 pm 

Yorke wrote:
omg I love shuffleboard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:27 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

pony ranger and dyna blm ;D

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:45 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Seiriem wrote:
ranger4lyfe