All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Socom Confrontation
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50 am 
lolmithrapld

allrighty, i'll get hubby to check when he gets in

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 pm 
Random Man

Dude, I played cross roads at night man. Cross roads at night! It looked very pretty with the spots of lights. The tower was lit up. Looking up at it reminded me of a spot in paris or something. So pretty.

Oh also the sound. The sound in this game is so clear. It makes it harder to sneak around but dang, it's darn good. After I was killed, I watched a guy as he went into the tower, I then notice that I was hearing him climb the tower and such. That was the moment that I realized how cool that was. I did take the noise I made as I moved into consideration before that, but I didn't know sound was that present.

So being so encumbered is bad for speed, and the sound you make.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:01 pm 
lolmithrapld

not had much time to play it atm, i need to put ffxi down, get on top of all the housework and clear the gardens one last time before winter sets in and then my old addiction will kick in lol :!:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:27 pm 
Random Man

There was a patch, but I have no idea what it did. The loading is still long.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:31 pm 
lolmithrapld

The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 patch addresses the following issues:

Abnormally long network synchronization issues when some users in a game have a poor network connection. This issue causes 4-7 minute (or longer) load times when late joining a game.
Fixed an issue where respawn game late joiners were sometimes stuck in spectator mode and could not respawn into the game.
Removed the latency detection network test which was causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X).
Fixed an issue where clients with different client versions (patches) could play together in a default medley game.
Fixed an issue where if the session master leaves the game, late joiners could not "green up" and late join into the game.
Fixed corrupt characters in the European and Japanese EULAs and Server News.
Fixed many join game issues and made joining a game quicker. We are still optimizing this.
Fixed an issue where if you add and then remove someone from your block list they were still unable to send you a message.
Improved accuracy while moving (based on user feedback). Partial implementation. More improvements to come.
Reduced the encumbrance penalty (based on user feedback).
Changed the default round time for Medley games from 8 minutes to 6 minutes (based on user feedback).
We are still looking into the following issues and they will be addressed in a future patch:

Some late joiners have really bad framerate (5fps) and crash if they exit the game from the start menu. This happens at approximately 1/50 frequency.
Some late joiners will get stuck on the round complete screen. This is timing dependent.
Some users will crash in-game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency (games).
Some late joiners get stuck on the loading screen, loading into a game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency.
Green or corrupted particles appear for RPG, C4 and AT4 explosions. This happens at approximately 1/4 frequency (users).
Further tuning and tweaking based on user feedback.
Once the patch is released, we will continue to keep an eye out for any additional issues which may arise.
:cat:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/911/911471p1.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:46 am 
Random Man

Hmm I was thinking my tank soldier (had a high encumbrance rating) was able to keep up with the squad better.

Yesterday I was noticed the word "medley" and smiled. Brought me back to socom2 days with the clan. I don't often see that word if ever irl. Good old medley. So fresh, and exciting.