PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:27 pm 
lolmithrapld

gowai skipper

Post subject: Re: Socom Confrontation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:14 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Scorsese wrote:
I like apple pie.

Funny, here I thought you were a banana creme pie kinda dude.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:20 am 
Random Man

Cross Roads now has Extraction mode.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39309.html (video, although it's pretty choppy and weird) Do not mess this up Dev Crew! :pissed:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:16 pm 
lolmithrapld

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :boing: :boing: :boing: :P :P :P :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

that is all

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 pm 
Random Man

Oh man, congratz. I guess I get in late. ::'( darn the europe people.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:22 pm 
lolmithrapld

I don't wanna make you cry but

1 key via eurogamer
1 key via SonyPlaystation

:pat: :pat:

means I get to play when hubby is in not just when he's at work :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:06 pm 
Random Man

OMG ..... what the crap Tyr. :pissed:

Congratz :void:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:09 pm 
lolmithrapld

I see me AFKing as much as the next person in the extremely near future :!:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 am 
Goblin Smithy

OH SHIT I got my self a beta key. My friend just IMed me out of no where and was like "Heres a beta key for SOCOM: Confrontation, Go get it!"

My dad is all flipping out because he used to play SOCOM II online.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 pm 
lolmithrapld

My Gaming clan have been around since the Beta days of Socom and are still together this day although we do tend to play other games now not just Socom, so far in the series Socom II has been our highlight and Confrontation is a much awaited addition. The key codes that are flying around atm from eurogamer are for the uk players only (this code can be used for upto 3 systems btw). However some keys are from Sony (there is a beta warning with this one advising you use for your own system only). Understand this isn't a Beta as to which you will be responding to glitches found, this is simply the general public who have been lucky enough to get the golden ticket, a dry run for developers to see how well servers will cope, we are the guinea pigs of Confrontation and I'm loving it :!:
Keep an eye on eurogamer their statement re: keys noted that "it's all we have... for now" so I predict more keys being released before the big day to slowly introduce more traffic.
So far the map available hasn't let me down, bigger than its original and much loved Crossroads you may start in an unfamiliar place, but turn a corner or two and there it is, Home sweet home, Crossroads in all its glory, To Kaise, move over young blood, hand over your system, this is your dads territory. There is a bit of lag to deal with and close prox comms doesn't appear to be in effect yet, but we aren't here for that we're here to in all effect 'break' it and i'll be damned if my Playstation3 is gonna sit collecting dust any longer :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:33 pm 
Random Man

Don't forget to give the devs things to fix in the feedback section of their beta site/forums. If it were up to me all Socom vets like your clan would be in the beta. I'm glad you're in it because you guys know what socom is about. Don't be nice to the devs for the feedback. This is what betas is for. :whip:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:54 pm 
lolmithrapld

This isnt a feedback beta, open beta just to test how it all copes, so nothing for us to feed back on unfortunately.
The loading time for actual game is incredibly slow, but all good things come to those who wait right :mrgreen:
Also depending on what you wear DOES dictate how slow / fast you move, ie wear light armour / firearms and you'll move faster than someone wearing heavy armour which is good.
Also as I'm writing this, there is talk that devs understand problem about the loading times so hopefully that'll be sorted soon :!:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 pm 
Random Man

Ah, that's cool too. I guess they can see what people post about it and fix it if they have time. Heck they can patch the whole game now that it's a fully downloadable game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 pm 
lolmithrapld

wow on big map i get totally disorientated on crossroads lol
The close prox comms ARE working, which means I'm never going to be able to play a tactical game whilst kids are shouting and bawling at each other :rofl:
the axis support is taking some getting used to but its pretty easy, tilt to lean either left or right, pull back to stand up and push forward to crouch npnp, the lobby system isn't as bad as Socom 3 but isn't as good as Socom 2, guess everything will take some getting used to but I'm really liking the whole close prox thing, just gotta ban the kids from the dining room / living room If I get back into clan matches :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 pm 
Random Man

lol those poor children. Tactical ftw!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:38 pm 
Random Man

I have the beta now. First impression.

The menu is too slow. When you try to pick different stuff to customize your character it has to load the items. They should just go a 2d route like socom2. You don't have to see all of the items being put on the gun and such, just have it in a separate box like ffxi. And when the game loads the matches make it visible on the guns and such. The way it is now people will dred customizing their characters. I didn't touch the rebel after fixing up my seal.

Where is the Y and X axis invert settings? I spent the first 5 mins trying to find them. Socom2 had it.

The voice communication is great. Clear and such.

I played crossroads. I thought it looked too detailed lol. I was looking at bricks and such not knowing where I was. I have to get used to this game.

So yea What I want them to do so far is make the pregame menu a bit more zippy, and fast to navigate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:29 am 
lolmithrapld

LOL thank fk im not the only one to get disorientated on crossroads lol :!:

i keep thinking oh yey I know where I am now, then i turn a corner or two and im lost again >.<

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:42 am 
Random Man

Ok I played it again today. I like it now, I found the invert y axis option. It's slow paced and awkward when turning around while trying to cover the rear of your squad, but it's socom. I got the sixaxis controls down. I'm no longer disoriented in crossroads anymore. The main menu seems faster now also. I equipted my mercenary finally. There's no frame rate problems like I seen in the videos, and the game looks great, too good for socom's standards hah.

I'm in, also I don't like how stiff the running is. It's like you're driving a car with bad under steer.

And I forgot people can hear you if you're talking to your team hah. Not cool talking loud in this game. Whispering makes thing feel more tense as you kinda get sucked into the experience of sneaking around. BOY SOCOM is back! Please let the final game be fleshed out and zippy with the load times. And please bring the old socom lobbies back.

The soldiers in this game don't have much agility. Even if you are light as can be, there's no jumping. You can climb as usual but it's pretty sluggish. I guess it gives weight to the characters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:08 am 
lolmithrapld

Ploid wrote:
BOY SOCOM is back! Please let the final game be fleshed out and zippy with the load times. And please bring the old socom lobbies back.

Can't wait for general release and getting back to playing with my boys :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:50 am 
Random Man

There will be a patch later today (uh not sure how to put that in Euro time). Just note there will be a patch soon, within 24 hours. I'm not sure what it's for, but I hope it's gameplay related, and they zip up the menu navigation speed.