It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:33 pm 
Better than Kooyo

is home that game you posted a while ago ploid where you can create your own levels and have people play n stuff?

and lol@ ur sig

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:43 pm 
lolmithrapld

PS3's Home is where you make your char and have this big world where you can interact with other players. talking to them either by typing up set sentences, type up w/e you want or use a head set and talk. You can make your own place and decorate however you like and i believe contact friends who are playing games. (a little like the function avail on xpox)
there are pool tables u can go play on and big screen tv's playing various tit bits of new films / games etc. oh and games machines you can walk up to and start playing. the game posted a bit back is a game soon to be available to play within home. iirc you can invite friends over to your place and set up a film to watch etc

anyway watch here and see a little of Home for yourself
http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/gdc07-clip-the-ps3s-home-242341.php

enjoy Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:57 pm 
Random Man

Home is the Matrix. Think if FFXI allowed people to start a game of Mortal Kombat2, PS3 games, etc together. You can warp everywhere, invite people to your mog house that you can customize a lot, and show barney videos on your tvs in your mog house and pirated music in the background. It's PS3's match making tool for online games (free), and they pay for it with advertisements everywhere and trailers. Also a youtube kinda place in the theater where people can upload vids, and watch sponsored videos.

A demo vid (youtube). There are some very funny points in this vid. 3:00ish is one funny moment when he talk to the guy. 4:50 is another one at the arcade game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVut8c8S ... ed&search=

The trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWxRBoK3 ... ed&search=

BETA Leaked pictures and impressions:

Interface:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Actual "Gameplay":
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Quote:
Q&A from a beta tester that's willing to break NDA (None disclosure agreement)

Originally Posted by sweetvar26:

1) How much is it like GDC demo? Judging by the pics its a lot like it

1. It looks more like the GDC demo...graphically...but the features have to be improved a bit...like if you add a friend in HOME i still cant find a way to accept an friend invitation without quitting HOME...i had to go to my XMB and accept it ....

2) How much can you do?

2. Depends...so far there is'nt much to do but you are gonna get addicted to it trying to explore all the features and stuff...Definitely everyone needs a micriphone...there is no way you can type with ur PS3 controller fast enough to keep the other players sticking with you if you are in a conversation....but there are some cool features like watching the trailors and stuff...its more like a Commercial Network for SONY where they can advertise all their movies and games...its pretty good...its lotta fun....you can customize your room or yourself....but still cant do much with it..like i dont think i can put my own pictures in my room....other than the ones that are on the list in the HOME option....its in the stages of Beta...definitely there will be lotta improvements by October !!!

3) How stable is it?

3. Well my PS3 crashed twice in a row and never since then...that was at the start too....it ran good later on...

4) Is anything asked of you guys? Like to do certain things or just to do what ever?

4. I dont get your 4th question...

Overall my Home experience definitely lived up to the hype...i will rank it 8.5/10...should be 9/10 by may ending with more improvements they will be doing....its really awesome....its lotta fun...thats what every person on HOME has been saying....it definitely lived to the HYPE !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26:
here are some more pictures from HOME...and there is some information you guys might wanna know !!

Home is a closed BETA now
In July it will be open BETA
It will launch in October ....!!!

The guy with the black shirt and red tie is my guy....dressed him like greenday !!! lol

The Girls in the picture are the only ones in the whole HOME Network so you can obviously expect lotta guys around em' and ..its like a Gang Bang...or a sausage fest ... lol

From ps3forums.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:03 pm 
Better than Kooyo

cool... i wanna get a ps3, but liek.. that means i have to get an hdtv as well.....

if i wasnt going on my trip this august, i would definately get one before christmas... but that's already putting a hole in my pocket, and on top of that i'll need to buy a laptop for school this sept. -- waiting on my tax return for that >.>

i should start a "hlep get safer a ps3" fund

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:17 pm 
lolmithrapld

Safersephx wrote:
that means i have to get an hdtv as well.....

we dont have HDTV yet and the pic quality on flat screen monitor is more than fine, hubby DL'd a few movie adverts and OMG picture quality is pwn as is. speakin of which, anyone seen the trailer for Pirates3 Surprised he also DL'd the trailer for 300 so maybe just maybe i might watch that too

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:00 am 
Random Man

It looks awesome (better screenshots)

My new avatar won't fit for use for some reason.

Quote:
Something interesting that an EA employee posted on the IGN boards (in response to the Home beta being a bit limited):

"Right now HOME is featureless and a lot of functionality we have at work is not implemented yet. The home we have at work is down right fun. i dont know about you but our DL connections are pretty fast, but that could be due to our intranet or you have a poor ISP.

I spoke to friends of mine that are on the beta program and not a single one has a problem with DL's. Wait till you see what EA is doing with our lobbies and games. Remember HOME will succeed if players and companies want it to succeed not sony."