It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:07 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

PlayOnline wrote:
At the following time, we performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Affected Period]
Sep. 16, 2008 at 12:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
- Adjusted the damage resistance of "Absolute Virtue."

The following issues have been addressed:

- An issue where the damage reduction from shields had increased.

- An issue where the damage for the weapon skill "Atonement" was incorrect when wearing certain equipment.

- An issue where white magic like "Erase" was unable to remove the effects of the Ranger job ability "Shadowbind."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:10 pm 
Daddy

Now SE is just being annoying. There was no hack, trick, or glitch being used to kill it, just their own game mechanics.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:17 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

I'll never understand why SE does shit like this. Its like they enjoy bustin' peoples balls. They make the nm virtually unbeatable, then when they change it so people have a chance, they fuck with the way people do it. Just stupid imo

is WoW as complicated as ffxi?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:24 pm 
Random Man

Blame the animal abuse protesters.

Anyway, given the history with AV, and people killing av, we saw this coming. At least I did, av is SE's baby. Odin did the right thing. They milked the crap out of it. lolfairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:50 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Ya, well fk them,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 pm 
Random Man

I know I might be evil, but this whole SE vs Paying Players thing is quite a interesting thing. They give, then they take away. Aegis PLDs got a cool toy for a while, and some linkshells got a few AV kills in after such a huge gap in it's last death. Lots of sash's in the market now, and other AV items. Now they created super rare items. Before they were just impossibly rare (unless your name is Ducttape and you stumbled across a Bellona's Ring tee hee).

There's supposedly a real strategy made up by SE to kill it, so there's still hope. :lolhammer:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:13 pm 
Random Man

I posted this in the HNM forums but consider this post from a LS that tried to kill him normally while others were able to kraken zerg. After all if the kraken strategy don't work anymore, you can't stand still.

Quote:
I wanted to take a second to post what we seen tonight. Forgive me if anything or everything I say has already been touched upon but I wanted to share.

Our LS has several sets ready to go but another LS told us they were doing JOL and were not planning to touch AV so we went up. Mind you, with a normal setup.

The first time we tried it got all out of whack because we came to realize that AV does not want to move from where JOL died, didn't realize that. I had read about draw in but thought
perhaps JOL's area was his area. Not the case as we tried to bring him back into the are where JOL pops @ originally but he would not move from the farthest point from where JOL will go, which is where JOL died. He would run out there eventually if you tried to sac him but it involved many draw ins and would eventually rest back where JOL died. This messed us up on our first run @ it.

The one semi succesfull try we did have we got down to 91% before things went crazy. We placed 4 tanks in a square around him (PLD/NIN (Aegis) PLD/NIN RDM/NIN RDM/NIN) and were able to hold him while nukes were laid on him. Our BLM's began to run low on MP around 91% and he started to regen. Once he started to regen he used Miekyo Shisui or however you spell it. We tried throughout the fight to use two hours when he did. The one time we managed to match his two hour with one used by us, was Soul Voice. Up until that point he was using two hours about every 45-50 seconds (not 60 seconds what I have seen here many times over). The time we matched his 2 hour, it was almost 3 minutes before he used another two hour again, which was Call Wyvern. I know or so people have said it had been disproven but he did not use Soul Voice again after this point. Could be luck, probably is.

Throughout the 15 or so minutes we did hold him he did use Chainspell I think twice but we managed to live through it. He eventually regen'd himself back up to around 96% before damage got started again. However, by that point he seemed to be much more pissed off than before when he was down to 91% before the damage stopped. Anywho, damage started again and around 94 or 95% bringing him back down, he used manafont and of course destroyed everyone with Meteor. As odd as it may seem, when we didn't match his 2 hour he seemed to want to 2 hour sooner.

To the person who mentioned something along the lines of constant damage, I think you may have a pretty good idea... I noticed as long as we were doing slow but consistant damage, he wasn't that bad. We seen Call Wyvern, Bloodweapon (A couple of times), Chainspell, Hundred Fists, Soul Voice, Meikyo Shisui, and of course Manafont. It really seemed to me like he got to the point that he was agitated enough with something going wrong and just Manafont'd and ended it. I only wonder how it would have went had the constant damage been able to keep up.

To the group that tried the traditional strategy on Hades i think it was a while back? Didn't you say when it Benediction'd you that it had regen'd some before it did this? Curious...

Just posting what I noticed tonight because while I sincerely don't have a prblm with zerging it (and we likely will in the near future provided it doesn't get lolnerfed), I along with may others would love to get it figured out in a more traditional setting.

ItsSeflol: tl;dr
Ploid: I know dude here's you're plate

Quote:
Hit mob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:15 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

like word for word
ilu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:53 pm 
Random Man

Oh Crap!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:08 am